• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has RF changed how you may vote in November?

Laika

Premium Member
I wanted to ask if being on RF and participating in discussions here had changed the way people had decided to vote or if it helped inform who you wanted to vote for? Has RF being the primary or even sole source of news on the US election? Or did you already make your mind up before discussing things on RF based on other sources?

Given RF is part of social media and may have an impact on how people are informed about political issues and vote in elections, this seemed worth asking to determine how valuable the information is here that gets posted here is to people offline. Hypothetically, looking at ways to streamline news sources maybe something that could be done to improve the forum if it did have an impact.

If you want to add anything that may further discussion on the usefulness of the forum as a source of news and information, feel free. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
RF hasn't changed my vote, and it's far from being my sole or even primary source of information on the candidates, issues, and elections. I've been using well over two dozen sources for my news this election cycle.

Laika

Premium Member
RF hasn't changed my vote, and it's far from being my sole or even primary source of information on the candidates, issues, and elections. I've been using well over two dozen sources for my news this election cycle.

Wow. Thats quite impressive. :)

For news, Its either the Guardian, stuff I find of google or RF for me.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Slightly.

I have been (proud) non-voter the last 4 election cycles for POTUS. Because of RF, I am slightly more likely to vote. Regardless of RF, I was / am going to support Republican nominee.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I find views on the RF slanted and closed minded. The threads and responses are predictable. It has not changed my vote but added a disheartening flavor to the whole election process. I actually thought the system could be fixed in my life time. I now only see it getting worse. It parallels the religious/non religious conflict on the RF but I believe their are more moderates/open minded people concerning religion then politics which I really don't understand.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
No, I'm still not allowed. What kind of democracy is it when only U.S. citizens can vote? I think everyone should have the right to vote in the U.S. election. The U.S. voting system is racist.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, I'm still not allowed. What kind of democracy is it when only U.S. citizens can vote? I think everyone should have the right to vote in the U.S. election. The U.S. voting system is racist.
And sexist!
Women from other countries aren't allowed to vote here.

Parchment

No, and I'd say that anyone that relies on any Internet forum to decide how to vote is a complete fool given bots, socks, and general game players.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I expected to find a poll asking something like who do you think should be the next leader of the free world.

If there is one, I can’t find it.

Parchment

Although we do offer more here than any single broadcast news source.
Anyone with any sense would know that they should never rely on one single news source for their information and would seek that information out on their own, if they have to rely on RF or any other forum to get diversified news then they aren't trying hard enough.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anyone with any sense would know that they should never rely on one single news source for their information and would seek that information out on their own, if they have to rely on RF or any other forum to get diversified news then they aren't trying hard enough.
I agree.
But RF does offer diverse viewpoints....although some are rather shrill.
The inquisitive mind can find different useful perspectives to consider.
And the other type....well, they likely wouldn't be affected by anyway.