• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has RF Been Better in the Last Month or So?

Has RF Been Better in the Last Month or So?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
RF is better than the year in which I joined. I don't find myself having to report things any more, for example, really, or for the most part. It just doesn't really happen. When a community is functioning as a more cohesive unit, the need to report things disappears/diminishes, leaving you time to make real friendships. So yeah, I see people as acting pretty well, and if I may say so, pretty awesome too.

rocala

But the recent debate on Islam was certainly enriched by Muslims who know a lot about their religion. So that's all to the good.

Yes, no arguments from me there. When I first joined I saw amazing posts from Buddhists, followers of Advaita Vedanta, Modern Druids, LHP and RHP, Luciferianism and Wicca. Some of the posts between Christians such as the debate about Paul were amazing and very educational. There is nothing like that now.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yeah. There was a thread about that, that I believe further inspired some of us to do so. I'm not sure if it's more a temporary thing, or if it's a new chapter in RF.

I've changed back but i think some members will stay with their photos

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it just me, or has RF generally been noticeably more pleasant in the last month or so compared to the few months before that?

Aside from the subsidence of the flood of political threads and the increased prevalence of threads about religious topics, I also feel like more people are active now--that is, there aren't necessarily more people logging in every day, but the ones who do log in end up participating in threads and contributing to one topic or another.

I also sense a shift in the tone of the forum toward a friendlier approach. Again, if this is the case, maybe it's a result of the reduced presence of political threads on the forums. Whatever the reason is, though, I'm happy to see this.

Hopefully all of these trends continue. They're certainly a refreshing change from the months directly before and after the U.S. elections.
It seems good to me. Nothing I have done has had a lasting negative impact so far.

I'll try harder.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
And you are not atheist. Just shows how wrong these funnymentalists can be

Yeah, I don't know why people would say these horrible things about atheists eating babies. All the babies of @lewisnotmiller 's that have been eaten were just because he went to buy them a Nintendo Switch and left them in the cart at Walmart when he went to leave, leaving them susceptible to dingo attacks.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
RF is better than the year in which I joined. I don't find myself having to report things any more, for example, really, or for the most part. It just doesn't really happen. When a community is functioning as a more cohesive unit, the need to report things disappears/diminishes, leaving you time to make real friendships. So yeah, I see people as acting pretty well, and if I may say so, pretty awesome too.

I returned here quite recently, and generally the discussion seems to be good-natured. Certainly compared to some other forums I can think of.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I returned here quite recently, and generally the discussion seems to be good-natured. Certainly compared to some other forums I can think of.

We're glad to have you here. Though I haven't really brought it up before, some of your posts are really funny, in the Games forum.

Viker

Häxan
I had to choose other. I've only been back a couple months. I was absent nearly forever (I counted). I've noticed very recently almost everyone being mostly friendly. I bet everyone on here could hang out, outside the internet, together without choking out one another.