• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has RF Been Better in the Last Month or So?

Has RF Been Better in the Last Month or So?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it just me, or has RF generally been noticeably more pleasant in the last month or so compared to the few months before that?

Aside from the subsidence of the flood of political threads and the increased prevalence of threads about religious topics, I also feel like more people are active now--that is, there aren't necessarily more people logging in every day, but the ones who do log in end up participating in threads and contributing to one topic or another.

I also sense a shift in the tone of the forum toward a friendlier approach. Again, if this is the case, maybe it's a result of the reduced presence of political threads on the forums. Whatever the reason is, though, I'm happy to see this.

Hopefully all of these trends continue. They're certainly a refreshing change from the months directly before and after the U.S. elections.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Is it just me, or has RF generally been noticeably more pleasant in the last month or so compared to the few months before that?

Aside from the subsidence of the flood of political threads and the increased prevalence of threads about religious topics, I also feel like more people are active now--that is, there aren't necessarily more people logging in every day, but the ones who do log in end up participating in threads and contributing to one topic or another.

I also sense a shift in the tone of the forum toward a friendlier approach. Again, if this is the case, maybe it's a result of the reduced presence of political threads on the forums. Whatever the reason is, though, I'm happy to see this.

Hopefully all of these trends continue. They're certainly a refreshing change from the months directly before and after the U.S. elections.

I don’t know if I’ve noticed it myself but if you’re right, that’s very lovely news!

Humbly
Hermit

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I voted other, why? I really can't say I've noticed much difference on the threads i frequent.

Sure the political animosity has reduced a little but there are still the hardcore determined to prove their aluminium foil hats are not working.

There are some interesting new and returned members whose post i appreciate.

Other than that...

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I prefer a less political RF, honestly. :DSometimes that can be difficult, as folks often intertwine their beliefs (religious or not) with their political views, so I would say this is probably just a break from the political drivel. Then again... There was a time when RF wasn't so politically centered, wasn't there?

rocala

I can't say that I noticed that. At least not in such a short time frame. Up to about two years ago it could be quite unpleasant when posting. A lot of people were here simply to mock other's beliefs and comments. I know some good people left because of it.

So it is, without doubt, more pleasant but at the same time the level of debate, has dropped considerably. There are very few highly knowledgeable people here now, especially in the field of religion. I can forgive the odd lapse of manners in the heat of good discussion.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I voted 'no' because I haven't noticed any shifts. But I'm not that observant, and skip a lot of threads now, like the US politics ones.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

It has been better this summer in my view yes

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As a relative newcomer I can't comment about the past, but perhaps we are more optimistic now with an end to the pandemic in sight, but plenty have left or had a holiday and for which we might miss them. Please come back! :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I voted other. As it happens, I quite like political threads. Politics is another of those things that really does have an impact on our lives. For me, it's the die-hard, fundamentalist denial of anything that isn't "in the Good Book" that is most annoying. The endless attempts to pretend that evolution is false, or that atheists eat babies (nobody actually says that out loud, but it's lurking behind many of the anti-atheism posts).

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
As a relative newcomer I can't comment about the past, but perhaps we are more optimistic now with an end to the pandemic in sight, but plenty have left or had a holiday and for which we might miss them. Please come back! :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops:
I'm not so entirely sure that the end of the pandemic is in sight, really. There's still more to come, especially if we can't get more people vaccinated in a hurry.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
:)

I certainly think it's better.
Maybe that is why recently more people show their 'real face' on RF, people open up more
I also sensed a big shift when Corona just started, quite a few people suddenly became 'softer' in their replies

We Never Know

No Slack
I haven't noticed much because I'm pretty much hit and miss. One thing I have noticed is my funny meme posting buddy @Mestemia hasn't been posting any.
They may have taken a break.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Personally, I haven't noticed a huge difference. For me, RF has been mostly friendly - far friendlier than a lot of forums out there, without a doubt. Sure, there's the occasional troll, and some posters can be a bit irritating, though not to the point of becoming intolerable. Sometimes there are arguments and irreconcilable differences, but most of the time, even disagreements can be handled amicably.

Whether it's better this month or last month or worse when Trump was still President, I can't really tell for sure. I have no easy way of measuring that or evaluating it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There are very few highly knowledgeable people here now, especially in the field of religion.

I haven't seen much overall but maybe that's because most of my attention and certainly posting stays on joke threads.

But the recent debate on Islam was certainly enriched by Muslims who know a lot about their religion. So that's all to the good.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I voted other. As it happens, I quite like political threads. Politics is another of those things that really does have an impact on our lives. For me, it's the die-hard, fundamentalist denial of anything that isn't "in the Good Book" that is most annoying. The endless attempts to pretend that evolution is false, or that atheists eat babies (nobody actually says that out loud, but it's lurking behind many of the anti-atheism posts).

Aww, babies are lovely, so sweet. But I can't eat a whole one.