• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has Mankind Tied God's Hands?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Instead of it being possible for an enlightened leader to be sent from Heaven; has mankind tied the hands of God?

With lots of religions claiming exclusivity, and dictating that their messenger was the last; have we limited God's potential to fixing the world peacefully?

With many religious minded people not being open to there being one religion globally, is there any chance for world peace before we wipe ourselves out?

Are you open to someone of Divine origin creating a universal understanding?

Why are you opposed to God creating a one world religion?

Why don't you already recognize religion is one, in being systems of understanding about life, and after?

Is there any possibility in your religious prophetic texts, that the enlightened leader can bring peace, before total annihilation?

What would you need to accept an enlightened leaders teachings; if they already partially coincide with your own? :innocent:

Last edited:

omega2xx

Instead of it being possible for an enlightened leader to be sent from Heaven; has mankind tied the hands of God?

How an man tie the hands of an omnipotent God?

With lots of religions claiming exclusivity, and dictating that their messenger was the last; have we limited God's potential to fixing the world peacefully?

Man can't limit the powers of a true God.

With many religious minded people not being open to there being one religion globally, is there any chance for world peace before we wipe ourselves out?

Should make us see the accuracy of "there will be wars and rumors of war."

No.

I am not opposed to Gd doing it, I am opposed to man trying to do it.

Why don't you already recognize religion is one, in being systems of understanding life, and after?

It is obvious that religion is not one yet. Religion maybe about understanding about life, but Christianity is not. It is about understanding about God and what He has done for us through His son.

Is there any possibility in your religious prophetic texts, that the enlightened leader can bring peace, before total annihilation?

Christianity teaches they will both come about at the same time, but not total annihilation.

What would you need to accept an enlightened leaders teachings; if they already partially coincide with your own? :innocent:

I don't have any teachings of my own. I accept the teachings of he One I believe is enlightened. My teachings may have errors in them, but His will not.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Why don't you already recognize religion is one, in being systems of understanding about life, and after?
Because then I would have to accept the exploding of oneself in a jihad so that I could go to Heaven as truth. (which I don't)

allfoak

Alchemist
What if the whole story is an allegory based upon an internal process?
What if the literal story was created to keep people from knowing anything about the internal process that it describes?
What if...

Kenny

Premium Member
How can man tie the hands of an omnipotent God?
For conversation sake. When Jesus went into his hometown and could not do any miracles, though he had power to do so, except heal a few minor ailments because of their unbelief be an example of tying the hands of an Omnipotent God?

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I have nothing meaningful to say. Just that I agree with you.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't see how mankind can tie the hands of God. The problems you're addressing seem more related to the fact that mankind ties the hands of mankind. If there is a God, then at best, he seems to take a somewhat detached approach to world affairs and ostensibly lets mankind govern itself. What else could we do? We were thrown into an inhospitable wilderness and left to fend for ourselves, created with emotions and animalistic drives.

If humanity wishes to work towards a shared goal of unity, then perhaps the best thing to do would be for all of us to simply pretend that God doesn't exist. Just don't have any beliefs. It's all these "true believers" out there who seem like they're on the edge of a nervous breakdown or an angry, violent outburst. So many volatile, unstable people out there who are ready to start fighting at the slightest provocation. That's why there can never be any global unity or world peace, since so many people are just plain nuts.

If there is a God, then I would assume that He made us that way, but for what reason?

wizanda

Premium Member
How an man tie the hands of an omnipotent God?
Because tho God can remove all those who don't accept Oneness; it is a bit ridiculous that the only way God can win is by force, instead of gently explaining to everyone.
Should make us see the accuracy of "there will be wars and rumors of war."
We already have seen that throughout history, it doesn't need to be proved...It is a psychotic statement to want that sort of thing to happen.
I am not opposed to Gd doing it, I am opposed to man trying to do it.
God sends someone to fix the religions; most people will argue over accepting them.
Christianity teaches they will both come about at the same time, but not total annihilation.
Christianity declares everyone other then 144000 are going to be annihilated first...

When most of us are not on that list, surprised there are not more trying to make peace in the world.
Because then I would have to accept the exploding of oneself in a jihad so that I could go to Heaven as truth. (which I don't)
This is the whole point; religions have all been corrupted, into being so divided, that things like that become possible....

Thus instead of finding unity, statements like that, shows just the same mentality.
My teachings may have errors in them, but His will not.
No one is perfect; even Yeshua said only God is good & perfect.
What if the literal story was created to keep people from knowing anything about the internal process that it describes?
Do question this, and agree; that those who want an easy option, as they don't really want to clean the inside of the cup have been given an excuse for a belief...

This still arrives at the end results, of us not getting anywhere, until the world is destroyed by all the unenlightened people it has created.
If there is a God, then I would assume that He made us that way, but for what reason?
Life can be amazing, sex, food, sensations, feelings, loves, etc all these things are not to be fought; yet understood.

Due to the man made religious nature being divided, a lot spend more time arguing about pedantic issues; than actually delving into the realities of existence. :innocent:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
"Instead of it being possible for an enlightened leader to be sent from Heaven; has mankind tied the hands of God?"

I don't understand what you mean. You're going to have to explain what it means to "tie" the "hands" of the one-god the Abrahamic religions tell stories about.

"With lots of religions claiming exclusivity, and dictating that their messenger was the last; have we limited God's potential to fixing the world peacefully?"

If the stories the Abrahamics tell are to be taken at their word, their god's potential is not limited. So, no.

"With many religious minded people not being open to there being one religion globally, is there any chance for world peace before we wipe ourselves out?"

I don't agree with the assumptions this question is laden with. And the question is not worthy enough for me to spend a paragraph pointing those out to lay out a meaningful answer.

"Are you open to someone of Divine origin creating a universal understanding?"

Supposed "divine origin" is irrelevant to this question; I am absolutely not open to becoming part of some Borg collective (which would be required for any sort of "universal understanding").

"Why are you opposed to God creating a one world religion?"

If you don't already understand why someone would be opposed to one religion's god being strong-armed into a position of global dominance, I'm doubting that any explanations from me will help you get it.

"Why don't you already recognize religion is one, in being systems of understanding about life, and after?"

Excuse me? Mighty presumptuous question. Let's turn that around: why don't you recognize that religions are not one?

"Is there any possibility in your religious prophetic texts, that the enlightened leader can bring peace, before total annihilation?"

Nope. My religion doesn't teach nor indulge such fantasies.

"What would you need to accept an enlightened leaders teachings; if they already partially coincide with your own?"

Pagans don't flock around so-called gurus and "enlightened leaders." I'm not interested in accepting the teachings of some so-called guru. I will collect and listen to all stories, but this so-called guru is going to be disappointed if it expects me to kowtow to their stories alone. I don't work that way. And as I'm getting the sense this thread is aimed at preaching, I'd like to remind you that we have a rule about that here.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

Kinda makes you wonder how many times a day God apologizes to the Earth....

wizanda

Premium Member
I guess if you say so, it must be true.
With answers like that, just feel like reversing the whole post, and going good riddance... Yet it isn't in my nature. :innocent:
You're going to have to explain what it means to "tie" the "hands" of the one-god the Abrahamic religions tell stories about.
Wasn't only referring to the Abrahamic ones; yet all understandings globally as One God, with many descriptions.

To tie the hands is a metaphor, for meaning that instead of God of reality helping us; the religious dogmas have shut up any more prophets, any more guidance, as most are convinced they have a closed cannon.
I am absolutely not open to becoming part of some Borg collective
That wasn't being suggested, enlightened was meaning open to explaining within all contexts, showing a way we can all be inline, and free....

Wouldn't be world peace, if it was a dictatorship.
which would be required for any sort of "universal understanding"
What is required for a universal understanding, is an advanced statement that is all encompassing to all religious understandings, that then encapsulates all aspects.
why don't you recognize that religions are not one?
Because having spent most of my life studying them, aware they can be simplified into virtually the same basics....It is only specifications that most people argue about.
And as I'm getting the sense this thread is aimed at preaching,
It is an analytical question, to see why some seem convinced they want destruction first.... Which some have already stated they do.
I will collect and listen to all stories, but this so-called guru is going to be disappointed if it expects me to kowtow to their stories alone. I don't work that way.
None of us do, and as per usual we seem to have a communication break down between us... :(

Can understand due to some religious zealots pushing people into religious corners, a lot of that gets put towards anyone mentioning Abrahamic concepts....

Yet these questions were generalized from multiple eschatologies globally.

The idea was basically asking are people open to questioning, before wanting destruction; which is going to happen regardless of the religious eschatology, if people don't unite, and turn things around soon.

So lets rephrase, you can keep all Druid beliefs; our planet is dying, and we can prevent it together, would you listen to someone who has a plan to fix it? :)

Kenny

Premium Member
With answers like that, just feel like reversing the whole post, and going good riddance... Yet it isn't in my nature. :innocent:
Then you will have to do better than just making broad statements without supportive documentation.

What is evidence is that every religion is, by all practical means and purposes, so different as to not to be able to become one.

Then you have the problem on who is the person who will be able to say "This is the standard".

wizanda

Premium Member
What is evidence is that every religion is, by all practical means and purposes, so different as to not to be able to become one.
So lets simplify them to their basic elements, devotion, ritual, communion, congregation, enlightenment, meditation, etc...

All these concepts are found in most; as long as we don't get distracted by the language used.
Then you have the problem on who is the person who will be able to say "This is the standard".
If the person fulfilled prophecy in everyone's religions, then they might have the authority to correct everyone. :innocent:

Kenny

Premium Member
So lets simplify them to their basic elements, devotion, ritual, communion, congregation, enlightenment, meditation, etc...

All these concepts are found in most; as long as we don't get distracted by the language used.
And yet language is everything and is part of basic elements. Because language expresses heart.

You can't have devotion without language. Communion is about language, ritual involves language.

If the person fulfilled prophecy in everyone's religions, then they might have the authority to correct everyone. :innocent:

Application?

omega2xx

For conversation sake. When Jesus went into his hometown and could not do any miracles, though he had power to do so, except heal a few minor ailments because of their unbelief be an example of tying the hands of an Omnipotent God?

Actually He did not have power to do so. For His incarnation He had to be made exactly like man(Heb 3:17). He emptied Himself of his Godly attributes(Phil 2:7)

Jn 5:30 - "I can do nothing on My own iniative..."

omega2xx

Because tho God can remove all those who don't accept Oneness; it is a bit ridiculous that the only way God can win is by force, instead of gently explaining to everyone.

Where does God use dforce to convert anyone? Where is oneness required? God has gently explained His way and put it all in the Bi ble for those who care to accept it.

We already have seen that throughout history, it doesn't need to be proved...It is a psychotic statement to want that sort of thing to happen.

What have we seen in history?

God sends someone to fix the religions; most people will argue over accepting them.

Why blame God for man's failure?

Christianity declares everyone other then 144000 are going to be annihilated first...

No it doesn't. It teaches there will be more in heaven that can be counted(Rev 7:9). If you are going to discuss Christgianity you need a better source.

When most of us are not on that list, surprised there are not more trying to make peace in the world.

Get on the list. Make Jesus your lord and Savior.

This is the whole point; religions have all been corrupted, into being so divided, that things like that become possible....

You can still find the truth, if you really want to, but you must humble yourself and ask God to show it to you.

Thus instead of finding unity, statements like that, shows just the same mentality.

I don't see anything in you philosophy that is resulting in unity.

No one is perfect; even Yeshua said only God is good & perfect.

Man can't be literally perfect. He can be spiritually perfect. That is whe God is looking for in man.

Do question this, and agree; that those who want an easy option, as they don't really want to clean the inside of the cup have been given an excuse for a belief...

Man has not been given an excuse as far as I can see. We have all be given a choice.

This still arrives at the end results, of us not getting anywhere, until the world is destroyed by all the unenlightened people it has created.

Many will escape the destruction of the world.

Life can be amazing, sex, food, sensations, feelings, loves, etc all these things are not to be fought; yet understood

Whose fighting those things?

Due to the man made religious nature being divided, a lot spend more time arguing about pedantic issues; than actually delving into the realities of existence. :innocent:

Does man-made religion include yours? Is it also corrupted?

wizanda

Premium Member
Where does God use dforce to convert anyone?
Wasn't meaning God converting, yet just wiping everything out, when God comes here; there are cases of YHVH just removing whole cities, world is next according to prophecy. :eek:

Plus most of the prophetic scripture is about exiling Israel/Judah... So that they would convert?
What have we seen in history?
"War, and rumors of war".
Does man-made religion include yours? Is it also corrupted?
Yes of course, there are lots of things I've learned, and then realized they were wrong later, so i have great faith in "I don't Know!" :innocent: