• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone read this book?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
This site popped up during a recent Google search - it is all about the book "Handbook to Higher Consciousness"

The following 37 tidbits of higher consciousness were derived from the perennial bestseller “Handbook to Higher Consciousness”, written in 1972 by Ken Keyes. This book has helped countless people to experience dramatic changes in their lives, and to increase their ability to experience happiness. It’s a reference book for being at peace with whatever happens in your life.

https://daringtolivefully.com/higher-consciousness

I can well imagine people disagreeing {strongly} with a few of the sentiments expressed :)

I would have laughed in your face myself at one point!

From first impressions that site may be worthy of a little more exploration!

There is a lot of free content & courses on that site - fro example - click on the "Articles" menu at top of page - I only clicked on it by a hunch about whatever else may be at this site!

Enjoy your browsing

:)

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This site popped up during a recent Google search - it is all about the book "Handbook to Higher Consciousness"

The following 37 tidbits of higher consciousness were derived from the perennial bestseller “Handbook to Higher Consciousness”, written in 1972 by Ken Keyes. This book has helped countless people to experience dramatic changes in their lives, and to increase their ability to experience happiness. It’s a reference book for being at peace with whatever happens in your life.

37 Tidbits of Higher Consciousness

I can well imagine people disagreeing {strongly} with a few of the sentiments expressed :)

I would have laughed in your face myself at one point!

From first impressions that site may be worthy of a little more exploration!

There is a lot of free content & courses on that site - fro example - click on the "Articles" menu at top of page - I only clicked on it by a hunch about whatever else may be at this site!

Enjoy your browsing

:)

This looks like good advice. I don't know why it's called higher consciousness. It's instructions for gardening or sculpting one's mind so that responses to situations will lead to more satisfaction and less frustration, what is also known as self-actualization. From Self-Actualization: What Does It Mean and How to Achieve It - Kentucky Counseling Center :

What Are the Characteristics of a Person Who Achieved Self-Actualization?
  1. Untroubled About What Others Think.
  2. Simple Joys.
  3. Have Compassion for Others.
  4. Spontaneous and Fun.
  5. Be Grateful for What You Have.
  6. Good Sense of Humor.
  7. Peak Experiences.
  8. Self-Awareness.
One chooses to be this way and then conditions his thinking to approximate it ever more. Old habits of thought have an inertia and momentum of their own, but they wane over time if not indulged. I remember deciding to train myself to not have angry outbursts once I noticed that the habit was counterproductive. The first time I had an angry reaction, I began expressing it until I noticed that I was doing what I didn't want to be doing, and just stopped. I fumed within, but became silent. The next time, I controlled the outburst, but still felt rage. With time, I was behaving and feeling like I had wanted to. Failing to feed the response was all it took for it to melt down, but one needs to see these things in oneself first and value equanimity over disruptive self-indulgence. Self-actualism is the apex of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs.jpg

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
What Are the Characteristics of a Person Who Achieved Self-Actualization?
  1. Untroubled About What Others Think.
  2. Simple Joys.
  3. Have Compassion for Others.
  4. Spontaneous and Fun.
  5. Be Grateful for What You Have.
  6. Good Sense of Humor.
  7. Peak Experiences.
  8. Self-Awareness.

It's (part of) following Yama & Niyama (part of the eightfold Yoga path), a little reworded for New Age type of people.

Last edited: