• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has Anyone ever Seen God?

Bree

Death is not the end of life.
Only the body dies, and the spirit returns to G-d to whom it belongs.
G-d does not directly cause people to suffer, in this life or the next.

according to the scriptures, death is the end of life. The word the bible writer (moses) used for 'spirit' is ru'ach and it means 'breath'

God gave breath (spirit) to the first human Adam to bring him to life. When his life ended, his 'breath' or 'spirit' returns to God because the breath/spriit is the 'lifeforce' which comes from God. But that life force is NOT consciousness and it is not a part of man. It is separate from your physical body and when it comes to an end, the body dies. We are physically made of dust according to the scriptures and Moses wrote

Genesis 2:7 And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust+ from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life,+ and the man became a living person.*

The man did not exist prior to God breathing into him. So it is logical that when the breathing stops, the life ceases to exist. We are not immortal.

..so why does He allow people to suffer now, if G-d doesn't agree with suffering?
If I had a choice between "carrying on living" or being "blotted out", then I would choose "blotted out".

He allows us to suffer, true. But that does not mean that he enjoys it or that he approves of it. Rather, God is saddened by the things we do to each other. The suffering is brought about by mans own hand and God is going to stop all bad people from doing bad things.

“It is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly, for the Almighty to do wrong!”Job 34:10.

God is not the cause of suffering on the earth. If you read the opening chapter of the book of Job, we see who causes the suffering of mankind. God allows it only because the integrity of man has been called into question and by our enduring it and remaining loyal to God regardless of it, we are helping to resolve a long held dispute in the heavens.

..but that is not reality. One cannot escape from divine justice.
Suffering is as real as bliss.
Life is not one big fairy story. It is a lot more serious than that.

You are right about that. Divine justice will be metted out but it will be metted out upon those who refuse to live according to Gods high moral standards. By removing the wicked who cause others to suffer, divine justice will put an end to all suffering.

Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; you will look at where they were, and they will not be there. But the meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.”PSALM 37:10, 11.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
*** Mod Post ***

This is a reminder that this thread appears in the Jehovah Witness DIR. Only Jehovah's Witnesses are allowed to comment here.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I was a born again Christian...sorry that excuse doesn't work. I was born and bred into a first baptist family ...yeaaaaaaars of Bible knowledge and saved and baptized and yet, here I am today a Muslim :)
Yep, that explains it…
You were taught ‘Hellfire & trinity’, right?
It’s not your fault, but you were taught inaccuracies, and misinterpretations. From the beginning.

I’m the same way, but I kept my respect for the Bible; I just lost all respect for the mainstream dogma in christendom.
I mean, Jesús said His disciples must love each other (John 13:34,35), but christendom’s leaders haven’t followed him… they’ve been killing their brothers (due to race, geography, etc.), since it’s inception centuries ago!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
That is a question for your Christian theologians :) Ask them that. :)
Why? Most theologians in Christendom think it’s ok to kill their brother, contrary to what Jesus said. — John 15:12; John 14:15

Why would any understanding be revealed to them? It is revealed, you know. — Luke 10:21

To accurately understand the Scriptures, one needs God’s approval. Disobedience ain’t the way to get it!

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Maybe you can read Genesus 32:30 as well :)

Why they contradict each other. No one has the ability to see God. This is known.
One would have to undestand the Bible in order to figure what that means. If I were not a believer and I read these passages I'd have to wonder, hmm...I wonder what that means. But now that I better understand, I can "see" (see?) that to actually "see" God in our human bodies would not be possible. Therefore it must be put in proper understanding.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yep, that explains it…
You were taught ‘Hellfire & trinity’, right?
It’s not your fault, but you were taught inaccuracies, and misinterpretations. From the beginning.

I’m the same way, but I kept my respect for the Bible; I just lost all respect for the mainstream dogma in christendom.
I mean, Jesús said His disciples must love each other (John 13:34,35), but christendom’s leaders haven’t followed him… they’ve been killing their brothers (due to race, geography, etc.), since it’s inception centuries ago!
Hi. Once I found out that Jehovah's Witnesses do not kill each other as a matter of course or obedience to others, I decided to study with them. I have never been sorry. :)