• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone ever had visions/encounters/experiences of Hindu Gods?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes I had a vision of Krishna many years ago, he was in the corner of my room which was in a flaming light, it was beautiful. just that vision changed my whole life.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes I had a vision of Krishna many years ago, he was in the corner of my room which was in a flaming light, it was beautiful. just that vision changed my whole life.
That's spectacular!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
That song gave me feelings of bliss :)
How familiar of Krishna were you when you saw him? Did he say anything?
The first time I ever saw anything related to Krishna was the Hare Krishna's, I was about 14 then, I saw these people, and one gave me a magazine with a picture of Krishna on the cover. When I looked at the picture, I felt weird, like I have seen something that I was familiar with, something that I always knew, but within.

I read the Gita, but at that time I didn't really understand it intellectually, but there was an inner understanding which I could never put words to. It was like when I had the vision of Krishna, he didn't say anything, but his silence said it all, again I couldn't put words to it. Years later I had an experience of Enlightenment, where all was revealed to me, and yet again, I cannot put it into words, I can only point to it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
As I have already mentioned I have met all Hindu Gods and Goddesses, I am on familiar terms with them and always in communication. They are fabulous. Even at the moment they are sitting or standing (according to their normal posture*) on either side of my computer. We always have fun together.

* Lord Rama likes to stand with a bow in his hand, Lord Krishna lounges on a grassy swell with a flute in his hand, Lord Vishnu too stands whirling the Chakra on his finger when he is not reclining on Shesha, Lord Shiva needs a snow-covered rock to sit, Mother's lion does not frighten me, etc.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Though I do not consider myself a Hindu, while I was immersed in Krsna consciousness for a few years, that period culminated with a vision of Vishnu resting on Sesanaga that lasted for approximately 6 hours.... It was life-changing...

Last edited:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Though I do not consider myself a Hindu, while I was immersed in Krsna consciousness for a few years, that period culminated with a vision of Vishu resting on Sesanaga that lasted for approximately 6 hours.... It was life-changing...
Where did this vision occur?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Where did this vision occur?
Hehe.... in my bedroom... when I was about 21... I'll never forget looking into that huge face, and then sensing something burning. Opened my eyes and saw that I'd knocked a candle over. Quickly doused the flame and immediately closed my eyes. The face and body were still there as I had left them but now the eyes were open and looking very amused... He was pale blue, 4 arms but without the usual adornments he is pictured with. I was quite aware that this was not a physical form by any stretch of the imagination.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Hehe.... in my bedroom... when I was about 21... I'll never forget looking into that huge face, and then sensing something burning. Opened my eyes and saw that I'd knocked a candle over. Quickly doused the flame and immediately closed my eyes. The face and body were still there as I had left them but now the eyes were open and looking very amused... He was pale blue, 4 arms but without the usual adornments he is pictured with. I was quite aware that this was not a physical form by any stretch of the imagination.
Did sheshanaga do anything? What happened before the vision?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember when I was a kid, maybe 6 or 7 I was doing a puja with my Ma. And as we were singing a Ganesh bhajan, the picture of Lord Ganesh seemed to come to life. Even trumpeted his horn. I don't know if I imagined it or not, but it was quite cool. And the memory is still imprinted in my mind.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Did sheshanaga do anything? What happened before the vision?
Sesanaga was actually the first thing I noticed. The image appeared like that of huge skyscrapers emerging out of the mist as I descended downwards.. as an orb of light, comet-like. It was only when I got closer that the form of Vishnu came into view. I was in awe seeing Sesanaga but was utterly stunned upon seeing Vishnu.

Kirran

Premium Member
Nothing so spectacular as some of these folks. But I did have an image come to me during a home puja in which Shiva was within me, and Shiva's physical form filled my own, my body becoming Shiva's. This was brief, and wasn't the strongest of visions. The feelings and presences within temple pujas have been much stronger for me personally.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I saw Rama in a dream after devoting myself to chanting the Hare Krishna mantra. He said he would protect me. I have to say it was not was I would have expected, I admit it was kind of scary, I could feel the power of this god. The ISKCON folks say Hare Rama relates to "Radha-ramana Krishna", but I always had a weak spot for "martial" forms of God such as Rama with the bow or Arjuna and Krishna on the chariot.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Sesanaga was actually the first thing I noticed. The image appeared like that of huge skyscrapers emerging out of the mist as I descended downwards.. as an orb of light, comet-like. It was only when I got closer that the form of Vishnu came into view. I was in awe seeing Sesanaga but was utterly stunned upon seeing Vishnu.
And Vishnu just.....smiled at you for 6 hours?