• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone ever had visions/encounters/experiences of Hindu Gods?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The garden near ganges where bees thrive, please sing about our Lord.
Should it not be Yamuna? And Krishna never ruled Mathura. Kamsa's father Ugrasen resumed kingship.

All in fun, am not a 'Chhidranveshi' (fault finder). :D What to talk of Mathura, the Lord rules over the whole universe. And what to talk of Ganges, the bees in gardens near all rivers, Sindhu (Indus), Vitasta (Jhelum), Asikni (Chenab), Parushni (Ravi), Vipasha (Vyas), Shatudri (Satluj), Ganga, Yamuna, Sarayu, Narmada, Tapti, Brahmaputra, Mahanadi, Godavari, Krishna and Kaveri should sing of our Lord. Hare-Krishna.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Aupmanyav ji

yes one would think so as in so many Vrindarban lila it is said that the bees are attracted to Krsna , ...but also in Chaitanya lila it is said that devotees are like the bees attracted to the the lotus flowers of thr river Ganges , the flow of which is compared to Sri Chaitanya's bhakti movement and the chanting of the holy name, ...

it is also said that the Ganges was formed from waters falling from Maha Visnu's causal ocean , therefore the Ganges is accepted as the most sacred waters , ....

All in fun, am not a 'Chhidranveshi' (fault finder). :D

jai jai l know that , ....you are just a little mischevious like Krsna, which of corse is some what endearing :p

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
I frequently have visions of Ma. She is always guiding me through life. I dream of her often and the bliss that fills me during such encounters is unspeakable.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I frequently have visions of Ma. She is always guiding me through life. I dream of her often and the bliss that fills me during such encounters is unspeakable.
Would you describe one of your visions? They sound fantastic :)

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Would you describe one of your visions? They sound fantastic :)

Of course. It started about 10 years ago. At first it was Lord Shiva who started it. I would dream of Him to the point of madness. I could not get Him out of my mind at all. This went on for months and months until I broke down and bought a small murti of Shiva as Shri Dakshinamurti. The madness receded for a time but never really vanished. I would dream frequently still of Lord Shiva. When I moved interstate I found myself within 20km of four different temples (maybe even more!). During this time I was away from my mother for the first time - I had lived separately for years but in the same city - and found myself yearning for her deeply. Approximately six months prior to my move (maybe earlier tbh), I had developed an intense fascination with Shri Paravati Mataji. And what luck! I had managed to move into a suburb that had a Durga Mandir not 20 minutes away! I was shy at first; it took me about 6 months to work up the courage to go and visit and even then I would refuse prashad, thinking I was not worthy. Over time that got better and I was not so afraid or shy, especially when the other devotees welcomed me in with such grace and love.

Whenever I tally or drag my feet, Lord Shiva comes first to remind me of my duty. Whenever I am scared and alone or sick and tired, or just yearning for Mother's embrace She comes to me.

Satyamavejayanti

I'm very curious for your answers :)

Namaste,

Well i see the many Murthi of the Devis and Devtas, and Experience the Shanti when i do Puja everyday, the only profound feeling which i cant explain clearly is when i do Puja of Mata Kali, almost like a electrical current down my spine, starts at bottom of spine and shoots up to my head, sometimes accompanied with teary eyes and hairs standing on end, is this classified as a encounter?

Dhanyavad

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Namaste,

Well i see the many Murthi of the Devis and Devtas, and Experience the Shanti when i do Puja everyday, the only profound feeling which i cant explain clearly is when i do Puja of Mata Kali, almost like a electrical current down my spine, starts at bottom of spine and shoots up to my head, sometimes accompanied with teary eyes and hairs standing on end, is this classified as a encounter?

Dhanyavad
Could it be Kundalini?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is certainly a deep religious experience. If I could put it in Sanskrit, it will be termed as 'Bhavateet" (Beyond emotions).

Last edited:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaste,

Dhanyavad
It's fascinating none the less :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
With me, it is like the members of my family in my house. Someone might be in the room where I am sitting, others may be in the next room. Gods and Goddesses may come to my room and may go to another rooms. But they are always around, and life continues. I do not know why they love an atheist so much. :confused:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
With me, it is like the members of my family in my house. Someone might be in the room where I am sitting, others may be in the next room. Gods and Goddesses may come to my room and may go to another rooms. But they are always around, and life continues. I do not know why they love an atheist so much. :confused:
And you can only see them?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Oh no, I can and talk to them freely about anything in the world anytime. After all, what otherwise family members and friends are for?
I have conveyed your perplexity about Hinduism to them. They just smiled. Said understanding takes time. Look at Ratiben, she understands.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Speaking as an atheist advaitist: Yes, not recently, but years ago (don't remember exactly, may be about 20). That can count as a blow to head. If Brahman alone exists, then I am Brahman (Aham Brahmasmi), and there is no second (Dwiteeyo nasti). Then what God can we talk about? Why do you ask? Are you not an advaitist? :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
“Jnānam te aham sa-vijnātam, idam vāksyāmi asesatah;
yajjnātvāneha bhūyonyaj, jnātavyam avasisyate.”
BG 7.2

The Lord said: I shall now declare unto you in full this knowledge, both phenomenal and numinous. This being known, nothing further shall remain for you to know.

"In the very second verse of this chapter it was declared that the kshetrajna, the observer consciousness, in every kshetram, observed, is none other than the Lord/Brahman/Isvara. Having established / declared / taught that identity, it would be incorrect on the part of the Lord to later say that He is the Lord of the eternal jiva."
http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2010-June/024839.html

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Speaking as an atheist advaitist: Yes, not recently, but years ago (don't remember exactly, may be about 20). That can count as a blow to head. If Brahman alone exists, then I am Brahman (Aham Brahmasmi), and there is no second (Dwiteeyo nasti). Then what God can we talk about? Why do you ask? Are you not an advaitist? :D
Yes, I am a theistic Advaitist. And I say you were playing word games in that previous post but I will survive that trickery rather nicely.:D

Kirran

Premium Member
It's arbitrary whether an Advaitin approaches in a theistic or atheistic manner. Either way, an advaitin is neither, really, right?