• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone ever had visions/encounters/experiences of Hindu Gods?

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
so we shall start kirtan , then all can experince joy of becoming absorbed in Krsna ....:)
I think you are blessed in a way to have this Krushna bhakti...Krushna himself said in BG that after millions or even billions of lives one gets Krushna bhakti...

Jaya Shri Krushna

ratikala

Istha gosthi
I think you are blessed in a way to have this Krushna bhakti...Krushna himself said in BG that after millions or even billions of lives one gets Krushna bhakti...

Jaya Shri Krushna

jai jai , so this only shows that this material body is un important we can be born anywhere , we can still receive darshan of the lord and remember our true position , ...jai jai , ..it is Krsnas mercy , ...

ratikala

Istha gosthi
for @Terese ji

one for you ,

you can close your eyes , envisage unending space allow your self to drift into it leave this world behind , ..think of this chanting as our calling out for Krsna , we are searching for him , ...we hear his flute but we canot see him , ..but do not worry , ..he will come , ...he will appear from the depths of space he will show us his spiritual sky , his eternal abode , ...

Kirran

Premium Member
Sorry its not valid and according to scriptures, equating god with a human is the worse of sins. Yesus and you me and all others in this world has a materialistic body.

Krushna brings his sachidananda sattwika divya managala vigraham as his body and not this materialistic body, so even his form is supreme!

I subscribe to only vedic pramanas

Each to their own! We can only approach the divine from where we are at present.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
@kalyan ji

l hope you will enjoy , ...but please please add more for us to share , ..
prehaps others too will understand the translation to me it is very beautifull , ....

ratikala

Istha gosthi
and just on the off chance any one can translate this properly for me , ...l would be so so greatfull
l can understand just a little , ...but love it so much ,

...or we can just glorify , ....

ratikala

Istha gosthi
please read the comentary with the video, ....allthough we may not all agree with the choice of wording , ...
(l am not sure that l like to speak in terms of representation , more l prefer to think in terms of manifestation), ...none the less to my mind particularly poingient and to be reflected upon , ...are excerts in purple...

Nataraja is Siva in the form of the Lord of the Dance. He represents the combined might of the dynamic universal energy and the awakened Brahman or Saguna Brahman. He is the source of all life, activity (chetana) and vibration (spandana). His dance is the dance of creation. The circle of fire that surrounds Him is His primal energy that flows out of Him and again into Him. The being lying at His feet is the jiva or the deluded soul whom he shapes through a painful process of karma and suffering and liberates Him in the end from bondage. His dance is rhythmic, regular and perfect. It is the Rtam (rhythm) of divine perfection, which is hidden in the entire universe as an underlying current or subtle vibration. It manifests itself in many things, in the regularity of the seasons, the movement of the planets, the cyclical nature of creation, the physical, chemical and biological laws of our universe, the biorhythms of our bodies and the constitution of our cells, molecules and atoms.Whatever that may appear to us as separate parts of one image is but an illusion that arises because of our experience of duality. The energy or shakti that manifests out of Him as a ring of fire is not separate from Him because it cannot hold itself or survive without Him. So is the apasmaramurthy under His feet. If you look carefully, the being is not separate from Shiva. It is connected with Him as well as with the rest of the creation. The idea that he is suffering being crushed by the feet of Siva is an illusion of our minds, a projection of our thought and an idea that exists in our minds because when we look at the image of Nataraja we, as limited beings, identify ourselves with the apasmaramurthy lying at His feet, but not with Siva, the dancer. The circle of His energy starts from there and also ends there. There in lies the mystery. The whole of the image is an assurance to us that creation is not a chaotic and accidental phenomena but a guided and rhythmic movement under the mastery and control of the eternal self and that we too can become masters of our own movements and action by liberating ourselves from the limitations of smallness (anava) and delusion (apasmara).

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Each to their own! We can only approach the divine from where we are at present.
i dont have any objection and don't really care what one follows until and unless they talk about sanatana dharma or the vedas.
as said before, that is just like your opinion which is NOT in line with the 'Supreme authority' Vedam, hence rejected from sanatana dharma viewpoint but you are ofcourse entitled to your own opinion! The thread has gone offtopic so I would refrain from posting....

Kirran

Premium Member
@ratikala - Aum Namah Shivaya :)

I heard that song playing during a mealtime at Skanda Vale! They play different devotional music during mealtimes.

i dont have any objection and don't really care what one follows until and unless they talk about sanatana dharma or the vedas.
as said before, that is just like your opinion which is NOT in line with the 'Supreme authority' Vedam, hence rejected from sanatana dharma viewpoint but you are ofcourse entitled to your own opinion! The thread has gone offtopic so I would refrain from posting....

Plenty of people call themselves Hindus, or identify as followers of Sanatana Dharma, and follow the Vedas, but accept other faces on the divine. You may well think that this is incorrect, but nevertheless it is what we observe. This is all I would like to establish here, not the correctness or incorrectness of the stance.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
and just on the off chance any one can translate this properly for me , ...l would be so so greatfull
l can understand just a little , ...but love it so much ,

...or we can just glorify , ....

This is Sri Krishna Kavacham (or Kavasam) by Kannadasan. I get this translation from https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjD5dTcocfJAhWBUI4KHZXFD48QFggbMAA&url=http://bagavaan.blogspot.com/2011/05/krishna-kavasam-by-kannadasan.html&usg=AFQjCNEZUobcJuWbdHNvl9LgtrFE0dNunQ&sig2=ZTnqBxyOISg3LemyXHmOLQ&bvm=bv.108538919,d.c2E. If you like the translation, you can visit the page. If I get an English translation, I will inform you.

Kannadasan sung srikirusnakavacam

Since Agaram subject aliyapBishop kulame listener karameThere joins ikamum paramumEthel heart marapam tavameWorld kutaiye art of survivalBlowing vedic subject kulalulThe burning glow visible punaleThe poor living in mind aruleSolving Knowledge doubt katireDear idol quintet tunaiyeViliye light through lifeAlaiye singing riverAvav exercised will vulakaiAtiyem stanza stanza!

ratikala

Istha gosthi
prabhu ji's

prehaps rather than refraining from posting we could just bring the thead back in line , by talking about experiences which bring us closser to understanding the supreme , ..prehaps we can discuss what a vission actualy is ?

...many people do not think that they have had vissions as they think visions appear with flashing of lights and great revelations , but we also experience many smaller more subtle visions , these are equaly impotrant , ...

Kirran

Premium Member
Quite right.

The word 'vision' implies something visual, an image. When surely feelings are also very important. Many people will not have an image of the Lord in whatever shape, but will have a strong feeling of the presence of the Lord, or of their own divinity, or something like this.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Lovely posting going on! Let me squeeze in and place this here...

Thank you for the Krishna mantra Ratikala!

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Kalyan, i would love to know your experiences! Would you share them to us?

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Aupmanyav ji

This is Sri Krishna Kavacham (or Kavasam) by Kannadasan. I get this translation from https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjD5dTcocfJAhWBUI4KHZXFD48QFggbMAA&url=http://bagavaan.blogspot.com/2011/05/krishna-kavasam-by-kannadasan.html&usg=AFQjCNEZUobcJuWbdHNvl9LgtrFE0dNunQ&sig2=ZTnqBxyOISg3LemyXHmOLQ&bvm=bv.108538919,d.c2E. If you like the translation, you can visit the page. If I get an English translation, I will inform you.

Kannadasan sung srikirusnakavacam

Since Agaram subject aliyapBishop kulame listener karameThere joins ikamum paramumEthel heart marapam tavameWorld kutaiye art of survivalBlowing vedic subject kulalulThe burning glow visible punaleThe poor living in mind aruleSolving Knowledge doubt katireDear idol quintet tunaiyeViliye light through lifeAlaiye singing riverAvav exercised will vulakaiAtiyem stanza stanza!

l love you dearly , ...but l think something is wrong here l posted ''Pullaankuzhal kodutha moongilgale''
well at least l think l did ???

pullanguzhal kodutha moongilgale
engal purushothaman pugazh paadungale
vandaadum gangai malar thottangale
engal mathusoothanan pugazh paadungale

panneer malarsoriyum megangale
engal paranthaaman vizhi azhagai paadungale
thenkodi thendral tharum raagangale
engal srikrishna moorthi pugazh paadungale

kuruvaayoor thannil avan thavazhgindravan
oru kodiyodu mathuraavai aalgindravan
thiruvengadathil avan arulgindravan
antha srirangathil palli kolgindravan

paanjaali pugazh kaakka than kai koduthaan
antha baaratha por mudikka sangai eduthaan
paandavarkku urimai ulla pangai koduthaan
naam padippatharku Geethai enum paadam koduthaan

ratikala

Istha gosthi
OK now l have to search ...

l found this as meaning in english , ....

Oh bamboos that give flutes, please sing about our Lord.
The garden near ganges where bees thrive, please sing about our Lord.
The clouds that help flowers blossom, please sing about our Lord's grace.
The ragas that offer soothing breeze, please sing about our Lord.

He is the One who crawls in Guruvayoor,
He is the One who rules Mathura.
He is the One who blesses us in Thiruvengadam.
And the One who takes rest in Sri Rangam.

He helped save Paanjaali's modesty,
took up the conch to end the Bharatha war.
He gave a fair share to the Pandavas
and gave lessons for mankind in the form of Geethai.

this is near to what l can understand , ...but l would love word for word translation if anyone can help l will be so happy