• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone ever done this to you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
This could remind you of something traumatic, so read at your own risk:
Has anyone ever quoted your post at RF, and his/her response has absolutely nothing to do with the quoted text?

Care to share an example?

Some one repeatedly does this to me. I am 34 years old and never reported someone, because I grew up in environments where people say "snitches get stitches", so I don't taddle tale, never will, and it isn't against the rules to be incoherent, and I believe in Mercy and freedom of speech.

Internet trolls are probably people who were unloved, abused, unhappy, and don't have good lives.

It's not in any way a big deal if someone quotes me and their response has nothing to do with what I said, but I simply wonder where they are at mentally and emotionally.

The person I am thinking of simply repeatedly will post sometimes very long (what seems like poems) that simply don't make sense and have nothing to do with the OP.

It isn't malicious or anything, just incoherent, and I hope God will help us all to be coherent.

But I say very strange things, so I'm not bashing anyone, just wondering if you have encountered this at RF?:)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Has anyone ever quoted your post at RF, and his/her response has absolutely nothing to do with the quoted text?

Some one repeatedly does this to me. I am 34 years old and never reported someone, because I grew up in environments where people say "snitches get stitches", so I don't taddle tale, never will, and it isn't against the rules to be incoherent, and I believe in Mercy and freedom of speech.

Internet trolls are probably people who were unloved, abused, unhappy, and don't have good lives.

It's not in any way a big deal if someone quotes me and their response has nothing to do with what I said, but I simply wonder where they are at mentally and emotionally.

The person I am thinking of simply repeatedly will post sometimes very long (what seems like poems) that simply don't make sense and have nothing to do with the OP.

It isn't malicious or anything, just incoherent, and I hope God will help us all to be coherent.

But I say very strange things, so I'm not bashing anyone, just wondering if you have encountered this at RF?:)

I assume people post to the best of their ability. Sometimes that isn't always positive, and sometimes its... well, seemingly incoherent, but I assume its the best they've got for me. If I don't like it, I tend to ignore it(unless its rule breaking).

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's happened to me a few of times, if it's objectionable i will respond but usually I'll ignore it.

PureX

Veteran Member
I've done it myself, just by not realizing that my copy/paste mode was still holding some other poster's quote-name. I respond to poster "X" but my response reads to poster "W".

It's easy to get confused, or to misunderstand someone's text, so I don't take any umbrage if someone does it to me.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes people respond to what they thought you were going to say instead of what you said.

People with pre-fab responses tend to use them whether they fit or not.

Eyes to See

I think it happens more often that someone will post an off the cuff remark they have been trained with that gives away they didn't read most or anything written in the post they are replying to.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

There is an ignore function that you can use and you won’t see that person’s posts anymore.

I don’t like to use it too much (I always say I can ignore people manually) but truthfully I have used it a couple times. One person would just post huge walls of text multiple times in a single thread. I put them on ignore and found the board much easier to deal with.

So if someone is making your experience here unpleasant that is an option.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@Spiderman here's a whole slurry of examples of what you're talking about:
Why aren't we friends with God anymore?

It begins with post #16 with @Penumbras response to one of my posts.

Why aren't we friends with God anymore?
LMFAO! Lol! :D
giphy (2).gif

74x12

Yes, they might have a mental illness or brain damage; so I don't give them a hard time about it. I wish them well.