• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anybody ever put themselves in God's shoes?

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
When you are experiencing eternal heavenly bliss why do you think you would have any time left over to think about such things?

Just remember everyone Hitler killed is experiencing eternally heavenly bliss in heaven. We do not know what choices Hitler had. Maybe Hitler was psychopath who had no control over his lack of empathy. It is not for me to judge but for God. God loves all his creations equally even if he is unhappy with Hitler's behaviors. It seems like you are the one who is full of hate in wanting to see Hitler suffer eternal damnation. Maybe you need to replace some of your hate with unconditional love.
So you think that God is pure mercy. I think there is also justice for God.

dfnj

So you think that God is pure mercy. I think there is also justice for God.

I don't think there is any justice in the afterlife. God is indifferent to how we treat each other. And if we want judgment, justice, and absolution we are responsible for doling it out not God. If we want justice in this World it will have to come from our justice system and secular laws.

And omnipotent needs absolutely NOTHING from us. So what difference does going to Hell make other than it makes people who have hate in their hearts feel a little better that their desire for revenge and justice gets realized. The thing is torturing and making someone suffer for all eternity has got to be the greatest possible cruel and unusual punishment. I can't imagine a God of love would be so cruel as to have eternal punishments for finite crimes. It's not like the people Hitler killed are not getting to experience eternal heavenly bliss. I think the idea God is going to punish the wicked is just popular with people who have hate in their hearts.

I choose to have faith in a God of unconditional love who would never be so cruel as to have eternal punishment. So yes, I think God is pure mercy and the Bible was written men full of hate in their hates.

Baroodi

And then asked yourself what is fair and just, and what ain't?

What should I tell humanity?

How should I tell humanity what they need to know?

If all of humanity is sinful, and I want to save them, what should I do?

. . . Putting on god shoes!

(Behold, Thy Lord said to the Angles: I will make a vicegerent on earth. They said Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief and shed blood? whilst We do exalt thy and sanctify thy? He said I know what ye know not)

Noble Quran 1:31

Human mind how smart he is is unable to fathom the oceans of wisdom on which the whole universe was established.

(You were only given a tiny bit of Science) Noble Quran; Isra;85

No one in this Universe,except God, can be in that divine shoes

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
And then asked yourself what is fair and just, and what ain't?

What should I tell humanity?

The truth.
How should I tell humanity what they need to know?

Ask them what they need.

. . . Putting on god shoes!

Not be an absentee Dad.

I imagine what I'd expect of any good parent.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I don't think there is any justice in the afterlife. God is indifferent to how we treat each other. And if we want judgment, justice, and absolution we are responsible for doling it out not God. If we want justice in this World it will have to come from our justice system and secular laws.

And omnipotent needs absolutely NOTHING from us. So what difference does going to Hell make other than it makes people who have hate in their hearts feel a little better that their desire for revenge and justice gets realized. The thing is torturing and making someone suffer for all eternity has got to be the greatest possible cruel and unusual punishment. I can't imagine a God of love would be so cruel as to have eternal punishments for finite crimes. It's not like the people Hitler killed are not getting to experience eternal heavenly bliss. I think the idea God is going to punish the wicked is just popular with people who have hate in their hearts.

I choose to have faith in a God of unconditional love who would never be so cruel as to have eternal punishment. So yes, I think God is pure mercy and the Bible was written men full of hate in their hates.
As a Baha'i I don't believe God is unjust. If anyone rejects Baha'u'llah they won't be as well off as someone who is a Baha'i with the same history of actions, but they won't be in Hell. Hell is distance from God. In the next world those who are far from God can possibly get closer, it doesn't last forever. God wouldn't let anyone to suffer forever unless he hates God. Those who hate God are actually very few. We go into the next life on a level determined by our faith and actions. There are many worlds of God, not just two.

dfnj

As a Baha'i I don't believe God is unjust. If anyone rejects Baha'u'llah they won't be as well off as someone who is a Baha'i with the same history of actions, but they won't be in Hell. Hell is distance from God. In the next world those who are far from God can possibly get closer, it doesn't last forever. God wouldn't let anyone to suffer forever unless he hates God. Those who hate God are actually very few. We go into the next life on a level determined by our faith and actions. There are many worlds of God, not just two.

People only hate what they fear. Why fear God, however, since there is absolutely nothing you could do to defend yourself against God. God would be the ultimate rapist because He is completely unstoppable. Thank God that God is loving because if He wasn't there would be all kinds of Hell to pay! Of course, making us live our lives in fear is not exactly what I would consider to be acts of love.

Besides living in New Jersey I've been thinking about the what living in Hell would be like. I've come to the conclusion maybe Hell doesn't last for eternity but is a kind of rehabilitation center for sinners. The way it works is after you enter Hell your relive every day of your life. As you commit a sin you get to experience how your sin was experienced though other people. This keeps repeating until you change your action during the day. If you can make it through the entire repeat day without committing a single sin you then move on to the next day. You keep going through each day of your life until you are capable of living a sin free life from beginning to end. At that point you are fully rehabilitated since all the sin has been exercised from your being.

Rational Agnostic

!

Apparently, sacrifice my son (who is also me) to myself (who is also my son) to save humanity from myself (who is also my son). This all makes sense because I fathered myself! I'm my dad's dad, and my dad's son, and my son's dad, and my son's son!