• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter Six (SPOILERS)

SoyLeche

meh...
BUMP

OK, so I've been reading the 6th book again, and I may have just had an epiphany:

Regulus isn't dead!

I'm going to do some more research, so if any of you can remember any times that Regulus is mentioned, that would be appreciated.

Here's where I'm comming from. I think it's pretty safe to say that R.A.B is Regulus Black - and that he took the locket. I'm not sure if he was able to destroy the piece of Voldemort's soul in it or not though (that's the part where my theory starts to fall apart, but we'll get to that). They do mention a locket that can't be opened in Book 5 as they are cleaning out Sirius' house - and it's safe to say that Mundungus took it, and he's in Azkaban now - so who know's where it is now.

Anyway, back to my thoughts. When Draco is alone with Dumbledore on the tower, Dumbledore tells him, "He can't kill you if you are already dead. Come over to the right side, Draco, and we can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine."

Sounds to me like he would make everyone think that Draco were already dead. Isn't it possible that he did the same thing for Regulus? He may have wanted Harry to make sure that Sirius' will was in force mostly to make sure that even the house was fooled by Regulus' faked death.

The problem lies with the Horcrux. If my theory is correct, then it stands to reason that Regulus would have told Dumbledore about the Horcrux, and that just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, back to you lives (and some disco just to keep things interesting) :disco:

SoyLeche

meh...
OK, now I'm reading through book 5 again (I read to James as he is getting rocked to sleep).

I was reading tonight in the chapter about Harry's detention with Umbridge. It says:
She moved toward him, stretching out her short be-ringed fingers for his arm. And then, as she took hold of him to examine the words now cut inot his skin, pain seared, not across the back of his hand, but across the scar on his forehead.
It hit me - it mentions specifically that she is wearing rings at that point. What are the chances that one of the rings that Umbridge is wearing is a horcrux?

Bishka

Veteran Member
SoyLeche said:
OK, now I'm reading through book 5 again (I read to James as he is getting rocked to sleep).

I was reading tonight in the chapter about Harry's detention with Umbridge. It says:

It hit me - it mentions specifically that she is wearing rings at that point. What are the chances that one of the rings that Umbridge is wearing is a horcrux?

It's a possiblitity.

Couldn't it be?

SoyLeche

meh...
beckysoup61 said:
It's a possiblitity.

Couldn't it be?
Actually, thinking about it a bit more, one horcrux was already a ring - the one that Dumbledore hurt his hand destroying. It is probably not likely that another will be a ring. It just stood out to me. She is a very evil woman.

Bishka

Veteran Member
SoyLeche said:
Actually, thinking about it a bit more, one horcrux was already a ring - the one that Dumbledore hurt his hand destroying. It is probably not likely that another will be a ring. It just stood out to me. She is a very evil woman.

Funny enough, she reminds me of my grandmother a bit.