• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter Mania Returns!

Watchmen

Premium Member
It looks like Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is set to give Transfomers 2 a run for its money as biggest blockbuster of the season. It will be released at midnight tonight (Tuesday/Wednesday). I'll likely see it with my wife and friends tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, I checked the midnight showings for tonight. The local mega-theater is playing it on 10 screens and every single screen was sold out by 1pm this afternoon!

It's going to be huge.

I just hope it's good (98% fresh tomato at rottentomatoes.com last I checked, but other sites I've checked have had lackluster independent reviews). Fingers crossed.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I was at the theater watching Transformers 2 for a second time tonight and there were already Harry Potter people lined up to see the new movie. I left around 10:45pm, so they'll all be wating a while yet. It's still only 11:22.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
10 screens!?!? How many screens does that theater have??

The biggest new releases are shown on 3 screens where I live. (or rather the closest actual theater to where I live, which has 10 screens total.)

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
I think the theater has about 12 screens. They'll show it on ten screens at midnight tonight then they'll show it on several screens tomorrow during the day and tomorrow night (but not all ten).

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'm going to see it soon. I don't need to see it the very first opportunity I get though. I still haven't even watched the fifth one. My older sister says Harry is a whiner in the fifth movie. The preview for the sixth one looks good though, so I'll likely see it. :D