• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Vegetarian (or Vegan) Thanksgiving!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I sometimes spend my Thanksgiving nibbling on green bean casserole if I decide to accept an invite to a dinner, but more often than not, I dine at an Indian or Chinese buffet.

I've tried the Tofurky Roast...
large_0990216b-486d-40e9-bac3-72af35c17b1b.jpg

...and was less than impressed.

While it looks the most appetizing, I am afraid of the Gardein roast...

2_MDIUMJv.JPG.750x750_q85ss0_progressive.jpg

...because every Gardein "poultry" product I've tried tastes like fish.

But this year I bought a Field Roast Hazelnut Cranberry Roast...

field-roast-hazelnut-cranberry-roast-en-croute-122118.png

It seems to have rave reviews, and I'm pretty excited about trying it.

Have any of you vegetarians/vegans tried any of the above? Please share your thoughts.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My imaginary friend told me he tried all 3, and the third one was by far the best.

You only have one imaginary friend?

I had a few, but when I asked them to play with me as a kid, they would say would say, "Bugger off, loser!" and go play with the kids across the street.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You only have one imaginary friend?

I had a few, but when I asked them to play with me as a kid, they would say would say, "Bugger off, loser!" and go play with the kids across the street.

Oh I have many. They'd talk me into doing stuff I shouldn't have done, like jump off bridges, or burn down abandoned farmhouses. There is an entire baseball team as well.

(I've had a short story collection in the works for quite some time, based on that theme.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I sometimes spend my Thanksgiving nibbling on green bean casserole if I decide to accept an invite to a dinner, but more often than not, I dine at an Indian or Chinese buffet.

I've tried the Tofurky Roast...
That one looks particularly grim.
All you need now is...
tofurky-and-gravy-soda.jpeg

Hey!
That looks like @sun rise on the label.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Nice, it can be as tasty and filling as non-vegetarian fare. I have to face that for nearly 2 months in a year (cumulatively).
Rolls can be made with any powered grain or lentil, not just rice. and can be filled with veg mix.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That looks like a lot of work. I'll just stick with this when I need a bacon fix...

GUEST_ea7e8e55-76f9-4d9d-90ca-7cebc6261c12

Canuck and American availability on such things varies considerably, I think. I hate bacon anyway, so it's a moot point for me. But maybe Revolt will open his wallet for some healthier stuff. I learned a long time ago that most 'bacon bits' were fake bacon ... something to do with shelf life.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I considered this, and in my experience, Quorn "poultry" products are very good, but this would have required the cooking of side dishes, and while I like cooking for others, I don't like cooking for myself. And I doubt I'd have too many takers on invites for a Quorn turkey dinner. :D

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Canuck and American availability on such things varies considerably, I think. I hate bacon anyway, so it's a moot point for me. But maybe Revolt will open his wallet for some healthier stuff. I learned a long time ago that most 'bacon bits' were fake bacon ... something to do with shelf life.

Yes, most bacon bits, save the one's made by Oscar Mayer locally, are flavored textured soy flour.

Interestingly enough, I mentioned spaghetti squash in a previous post, and McCormick bacon bits are one of the ingredients I use when making it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, most bacon bits, save the one's made by Oscar Mayer locally, are flavored textured soy flour.

Interestingly enough, I mentioned spaghetti squash in a previous post, and McCormick bacon bits are one of the ingredients I use when making it.
Those bacon bits are to food as vinyl blow up dolls are to sex.
Take yer pick....equally satisfying.
s-l1000.jpg

blow-up-doll.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Those bacon bits are to food as vinyl blow up dolls are to sex.
Take yer pick....equally satisfying.
s-l1000.jpg

blow-up-doll.jpg
Dang....I noticed that I messed up with those pix.
Instead of the intended meaning, it looks like
she's hungry for those faux bacon bits.