• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Pride Month

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well, it's Pride Month where I live, anyway. So thought you'd all like to share the cake:
Rainbow Cake.jpg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Don't youns still have pride the other 11 months?
My point is why have a pride month if you have pride year round year after year..

Kind of like Morgan Freeman on black history month...

View attachment 63475
You know, you might think about how "Pride" came to be -- since of course pride is a sin.

And here's all you need to know -- when you grew up and your whole life you were taught to be ashamed of who you were, we chose, finally, to not be ashamed.

The vast majority of the LGBTQetc. community isn't "proud" of who they are -- they're just not ashamed of it.

And that pisses a whole lot of bigots off, which is something of an advantage.

We Never Know

No Slack
You know, you might think about how "Pride" came to be -- since of course pride is a sin.

And here's all you need to know -- when you grew up and your whole life you were taught to be ashamed of who you were, we chose, finally, to not be ashamed.

The vast majority of the LGBTQetc. community isn't "proud" of who they are -- they're just not ashamed of it.

And that pisses a whole lot of bigots off, which is something of an advantage.

"And here's all you need to know -- when you grew up and your whole life you were taught to be ashamed of who you were",

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's "history" or should be.

Btw, what do you mean by "The vast majority of the LGBTQ etc. community isn't "proud" of who they are"

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
And how would you differentiate artificial colours (Canadian spelling) from real ones? Is artificial blue not blue in the same way the real blue is blue?
Artificial food colors look extra bright and fake, not necessarily fake colors like blue, red, etc., but fake real, natural food ingredients.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Happy pride. :)
Metaphorical kick to the rear of corporate pandering rainbow branding and conservative Christian poo-pooing.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
"And here's all you need to know -- when you grew up and your whole life you were taught to be ashamed of who you were",

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's "history" or should be.

Btw, what do you mean by "The vast majority of the LGBTQ etc. community isn't "proud" of who they are"
It may be "history" to you, but for a whole lot of us who have been around for quite a few decades, it is lived experience. Remember, the first pride was in 1970 (when I was already 22), and that was 52 years ago.

And being LGBTQ etc. isn't and "achievement" one can be proud of. It's a natural way of being, which need not be ashamed of.

We Never Know

No Slack
Nd rethink it. QUOTE="Shadow Wolf, post: 7713089, member: 2558"]What makes you think there isn't any the rest of the year? Do you know what Pride is? Do you know why we call it Pride?[/QUOTE]

You totally misunderstood my post. Put it all together(my post and the insert) and rethink it.