• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Pongal or Makar Sankranti

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
For those who celebrate, have a joyous time. May your pot overflow in the auspicious direction, and may your pongal be delicious.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I'm excited! I keep watching how to videos on making kolam and rangoli. So intricate!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Happy Pongal (Tamilnadu), Makar Samkranti Central India) and Lohri in North/North-West India/Punjab. Maghi or Maghi Sankranti (Nepal), Poush Sankranti (Assam, W. Bengal), Magh Bihu (Assam), Ghughuti (Uttarakhaned), Dahi Chura (Bihar), Khichri Sankranti (Risotto day- Uttarakhand. We Kashmiris had it on 2nd January), Songkran (Thailand), Thingyan (Myanmar), Mohan Songkran (Cambodia), and Shishur Saenkraath (Kashmir).
Makar Sankranti - Wikipedia

It is like what jumping in ice-cold water is in Scandinavian countries. Bathing in rivers forms a big part of the festivities and the water is cold - for us. 9C in Delhi at 9 am today.

upload_2022-1-13_20-29-2.jpeg
com-techzit-happylohri.jpg
256x256bb.jpg
1390f6c0-6291-4064-8cd3-6dc7555bc478.jpg

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm excited! I keep watching how to videos on making kolam and rangoli. So intricate!
It's amazing to watch a lil ol' lady in action making an intricate design. They go so FAST!
At the annual festival here, there is one girl who learned from her mother and Ammamma (grandmother) who makes an intricate one right in front of the temple every day of our annual festival. She cheats and uses sidewalk chalk.