• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Passover...

rosends

Thank you very much. The holiday has already begun in Israel and is creeping up on us in America (under 5 hours here in NJ). Happy days to all.

InChrist

Free4ever
Passover-Images.jpg

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ditto on the OP, and we're getting ready to celebrate shortly. And then on Sunday we have the whole tribe over for Easter. Hey, where ever there's good food I'll be!

Ellen Brown

I did some reading to refresh my memory about the purpose of this commemoration. All I remembered was the Blood on the Doorpost part because that was a sign to the Angel of the Lord to pass over that house. Apparently, there is a larger meaning to it and some observe it for all this next week, saying that it is in remembrance of the Children of Israel being set free after the plagues, apparently 10 of them, though I thought it was seven.

The unleavened bread is very similar to the flat bread that the Navajo Dine eat, though the present day Navajo recipe includes baking soda. I am a recent student of Navajo culture.

The Jewish recipe is flour, water and salt.

It seems that so many things that happen around me become mini research projects that are so fun.