• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Nonsense

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Does anything need any meaning? Like a waltz, the music plays so that we can dance. There is no point or destination to be found, only the opportunity to dance.

pexels-joy-anne-pura-1186116.jpg

Photo by Joy Anne Pura from Pexels

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Meaningful things must have a meaning to be meaningful

But luckily there are lots of meaningless things that mean nothing at all

MNoBody

order and chaos, the 2 principles, neither seems able to exist in a pure form in this reality, but extremes are entertained all the time,
harmonious synergy is seldom attained [at least history is woefully deplete of many long-lived or wide-spread examples]

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
order and chaos, the 2 principles, neither seems able to exist in a pure form in this reality, but extremes are entertained all the time,
harmonious synergy is seldom attained [at least history is woefully deplete of many long-lived or wide-spread examples]

More accurately the above reflects a rather ancient view of our view of our physical existence,

Today our view of our physical existence is the Laws of Nature and natural processes are the cause, and the variabiity of the outcome of chains of cause and effect events is fractal and described as 'chaos theory.'

Randomness only applies to outcome of individual cause and effect events within the range of possible outcomes.

MNoBody

More accurately the above reflects a rather ancient view of our view of our physical existence,

Today our view of our physical existence is the Laws of Nature and natural processes are the cause, and the variabiity of the outcome of chains of cause and effect events is fractal and described as 'chaos theory.'

Randomness only applies to outcome of individual cause and effect events within the range of possible outcomes.
all that specialized knowledge and it [harmonious synergy] is still as out of reach for the species, notwithstanding all this expertise you are referring to .

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
We're just here to make CO2 for the plants.

Plants, now their existence has some meaning, but it isn't anything our meaty minds can comprehend.

Still, if you listen real close, sometimes you can hear them laughing. . .

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
We're just here to make CO2 for the plants.

Plants, now their existence has some meaning, but it isn't anything our meaty minds could comprehend.

Still, if you listen real close, sometimes you can hear them laughing. . .

There is a tree in a local graveyard that, anyone can tell you that's been there, has a wonderful comforting presence.

I talked about the cemetery once with a relative, and the nasty feeling you get walking through it. "Did you get to the tree?" she asked. There was no need to specify which one. We'd never talked about it before, but I automatically knew which one she was talking about.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a tree in a local graveyard that, anyone can tell you that's been there, has a wonderful comforting presence.

I talked about the cemetery once with a relative, and the nasty feeling you get walking through it. "Did you get to the tree?" she asked. There was no need to specify which one. We'd never talked about it before, but I automatically knew which one she was talking about.
To a tree a graveyard isn't a graveyard, it's a buffet.