• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy New Year, RF!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This is my 12th New Year's ever since I joined RF. This community and the forum in general have been features of my life through thick and thin, and the last year was no exception.

• I earned my first paycheck.

• I made new friends both offline and online, including on this forum.

• I stole @Audie's bike but couldn't get away from her bodyguards.

• I plotted to make @Rachel Rugelach an RF addict, but she increased my forum addiction instead thanks to her insightful, good-natured posts.

• I was confused when @Quagmire referred to me as "Naykid," but I was flattered to be mistaken for Naykid when I saw how dashing of a monkey he was.

• I expanded my vocabulary by reading @Jayhawker Soule's posts, even when he wasn't paying attention (usually when he was yawning or ignoring everyone).

• I begged @JustGeorge to let me pet one of her cats, but she taught me how to trap one instead.

• I borrowed @SalixIncendium's socks, which were so fancy that I mistook them for mittens. He's still offended at this unforgivable fashion faux pas.

• I tried to converse in Latin with @Rival and @Vouthon but accidentally summoned a demon instead. I have yet to get rid of it.

• I was the only person in the audience for @Father Heathen's TED talk about semi-truck trivia. Thankfully, my applause was loud enough to make up for the empty seats.

• I sent @Revoltingest a hammer-and-sickle banner and referred to him as "comrade" in my letter. I haven't heard back from him, but I smell some burning canvas.

Happy New Year, RF! I'm deeply thankful to be a part of this community and to have helped to maintain the forum for so long.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
• I plotted to make @Rachel Rugelach an RF addict, but she increased my forum addiction instead thanks to her insightful, good-natured posts.

Did I do that? *blushes* Oh, gosh! Thank you! :)

This is a lovely post that you made here mentioning others on this forum. I also enjoyed your post about the stray cat that you're trying to rescue.

Wishing everyone here a wonderful 2023!

I already celebrated the Jewish New Year of 5783 back in September. Which makes me wonder... You know how, in TV shows and movies, when a person suffers some kind of head injury, one of the first things the doctor asks him is: "What year is it?" So, if I were to answer "5783" would they think I needed hospitalization? Or would they think I was a time-traveler from the future?

The weird things that prey on my mind, sometimes...

Viker

Häxan
Did I do that? *blushes* Oh, gosh! Thank you! :)

This is a lovely post that you made here mentioning others on this forum. I also enjoyed your post about the stray cat that you're trying to rescue.

Wishing everyone here a wonderful 2023!

I already celebrated the Jewish New Year of 5783 back in September. Which makes me wonder... You know how, in TV shows and movies, when a person suffers some kind of head injury, one of the first things the doctor asks him is: "What year is it?" So, if I were to answer "5783" would they think I needed hospitalization? Or would they think I was a time-traveler from the future?

The weird things that prey on my mind, sometimes...
If you're from the future, who wins the 2030 World Series?

*Getting ready to call my bookie.

Audie

Veteran Member
This is my 12th New Year's ever since I joined RF. This community and the forum in general have been features of my life through thick and thin, and the last year was no exception.

• I was confused when @Quagmire referred to me as "Naykid," but I was flattered to be mistaken for Naykid when I saw how dashing of a monkey he was.

• I expanded my vocabulary by reading @Jayhawker Soule's posts, even when he wasn't paying attention (usually when he was yawning or ignoring everyone).

• I begged @JustGeorge to let me pet one of her cats, but she taught me how to trap one instead.

• I borrowed @SalixIncendium's socks, which were so fancy that I mistook them for mittens. He's still offended at this unforgivable fashion faux pas.

• I tried to converse in Latin with @Rival and @Vouthon but accidentally summoned a demon instead. I have yet to get rid of it.

• I was the only person in the audience for @Father Heathen's TED talk about semi-truck trivia. Thankfully, my applause was loud enough to make up for the empty seats.

• I sent @Revoltingest a hammer-and-sickle banner and referred to him as "comrade" in my letter. I haven't heard back from him, but I smell some burning canvas.

Happy New Year, RF! I'm deeply thankful to be a part of this community and to have helped to maintain the forum for so long.
Ha. You MIGHT have ridden away but your knees kept hitting your chin..
Good thing my Gurkhas were laughing too hard
to kukri you into mincemeat!

Big lesson:
Pick, as they say, on someone your size!

Ella S.

*temp banned*
I don't know if there was a change in moderation or simply forum culture after a few posts were made about how tense the atmosphere had become, but I did notice that there seems to be less debating in non-debate threads and fewer outright personal attacks over the last month.

The handful of users I saw instigating most of those issues seem silent now. I don't know if they merely lost their patience with the forum, got preoccupied with the holidays, or were raided by the mods. Perhaps that has something to do with the change as well.

Whatever it is, I think it's a pleasant start to the new year.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

Happy New Year, DS! :D