• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Navarathri

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
May the Goddesses bless you during this auspicious nine days.

Here, it is the first night tonight.

Its the first night here, too. We're going to be starting a puja in an hour or two. Day 1 of the fast is the easiest; I am trying not to over do it like I did last year, though. I had a potato for lunch.

Surprisingly, a friend decided she wanted to celebrate with us this year, and is visiting for the pujas and keeping fast. Its really nice to have someone else to share this with.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Its the first night here, too. We're going to be starting a puja in an hour or two. Day 1 of the fast is the easiest; I am trying not to over do it like I did last year, though. I had a potato for lunch.

Surprisingly, a friend decided she wanted to celebrate with us this year, and is visiting for the pujas and keeping fast. Its really nice to have someone else to share this with.

Nice.

We've been invited to a friend's home for a meal, so fasting is out. It's been crazy warm here. I'm sure the temple will have people standing around outside enjoying the weather and the flowers that are still blooming.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
All Hindus celebrate Navratri. Yesterday:

Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
modi-navratri-1-16641600403x2.jpg

Amit Shah, the Indian Home Minister, celebrating Navratri in his village with his family:
742690-shahamit-101218.jpg

Yogi Aditya Nath, Chief Minister of India's most populous state (Uttar Pradesh, 220 million people), head of the Gorakhnath temple and seminary, and the youngest of the Indian triumvirate (along with Narendra Modi, Amit Shah), worshiping at Budhiya Mata temple in Gorakhpur. (Kalash Sthapan - Installing of the sacred pitcher)
1415380-whatsapp-image-2022-09-26-at-64734-pm-1.jpg

https://twitter.com/ANINewsUP/status/1574376999476350976

Last edited: