• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy National Religious Freedom day

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Today is Religious Freedom Day in the United States.:)
May the US always remain the homeland of the free and the brave.
Where people can profess any religion. Where atheists, agnostics, deists, rationalists are free to express themselves in any form and with any means.
:heart::blueheart::heart::blueheart:

Er23ca5XcAArnL3

WalterTrull

Godfella
Huh? I'm happy for us, but I never heard of that. So, do we do something? How about we all change religions for a day. A week? Don't get me wrong, I am totally in favor of religious freedom. I guess I just don't get national days for stuff. There are so many "days" in the US, Most of us without major grievances don't pay attention. I hope we don't get a "Storm the Capitol" day. I know there's a group that would pay attention to that.:emojconfused:

Uhmm... thanks for bringing this to our attention anyway.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Today is Religious Freedom Day in the United States.:)
May the US always remain the homeland of the free and the brave.
Where people can profess any religion. Where atheists, agnostics, deists, rationalists are free to express themselves in any form and with any means.
:heart::blueheart::heart::blueheart:

Er23ca5XcAArnL3
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this is a dog-whistle from the Trump administration, who were the ones who just issued this, to signal to right-wing White Evangelicals that they've got their backs to descrimate against LGBTQ peoples, such as in not baking them wedding cakes because they believe homosexuality is a sin against God, or some other such "religious" beliefs. This was just officially proclaimed by them,

"Over the past 4 years, my Administration has worked tirelessly to honor the vision of our Founders and defend our proud history of religious liberty" Proclamation on Religious Freedom Day, 2021 | The White House

When it comes from the Trump administration, understand it's context. It has nothing whatsoever to do with celebrating a multicultural toleration of other religions. It has everything to do with Christians being allowed to deny who they serve in their businesses, it sanctions discrimination against others of different values, beliefs, and religions. It's a lie, in other words.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this is a dog-whistle from the Trump administration, who were the ones who just issued this, to signal to right-wing White Evangelicals that they've got their backs to descrimate against LGBTQ peoples, such as in not baking them wedding cakes because they believe homosexuality is a sin against God, or some other such "religious" beliefs. This was just officially proclaimed by them,

"Over the past 4 years, my Administration has worked tirelessly to honor the vision of our Founders and defend our proud history of religious liberty" Proclamation on Religious Freedom Day, 2021 | The White House

When it comes from the Trump administration, understand it's context. It has nothing whatsoever to do with celebrating a multicultural toleration of other religions. It has everything to do with Christians being allowed to deny who they serve in their businesses, it sanctions discrimination against others of different values, beliefs, and religions. It's a lie, in other words.
Actually it was instituted in 1993.

National Religious Freedom Day - Wikipedia

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Interesting. Confusing. Another one of Trump's claiming something like being a Nobel Peace Prize winner? :)

Look at his words right here, claiming it was himself, Donald Trump, who made it an official day:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 16, 2021, as Religious Freedom Day. I call on all Americans to commemorate this day with events and activities that remind us of our shared heritage of religious liberty and that teach us how to secure this blessing both at home and around the world.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty-one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fifth.

DONALD J. TRUMP

Proclamation on Religious Freedom Day, 2021 | The White House

What, is he going to take credit for proclaiming the 4th of July a national holiday too? What a loser. :)