• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Midsummer

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Happy and Blessed Summer Solstice to those that will be celebrating it in the Northern Hemisphere tomorrow. The sun is at her highest and greatest peak, bringing warmth and prosperity.

For those of you in the Southern Hemisphere, I hope you have a wonderful Winter Solstice, and enjoy the Rebirth of the Sun.

Exact time the Solstice passes through your area can be seen here: 2022 vernal spring equinox fall autumnal solstice summer winter and cross quarter dates and times worldwide from archaeoastronomy.com

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Praise Ra!

31697_c523-0-2476-1546_r800x633.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Happy and Blessed Summer Solstice to those that will be celebrating it in the Northern Hemisphere tomorrow. The sun is at her highest and greatest peak, bringing warmth and prosperity.

For those of you in the Southern Hemisphere, I hope you have a wonderful Winter Solstice, and enjoy the Rebirth of the Sun.

Exact time the Solstice passes through your area can be seen here: 2022 vernal spring equinox fall autumnal solstice summer winter and cross quarter dates and times worldwide from archaeoastronomy.com
Midsummer? We are not even into summer here yet in western Washington. That doe not start until roughly the Fourth of July. And right on schedule a change in the weather is coming. No rain today, though still cool and cloudy. It is supposed to hit eighty for the first time Saturday. Now that's summer!

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Midsummer? We are not even into summer here yet in western Washington. That doe not start until roughly the Fourth of July. And right on schedule a change in the weather is coming. No rain today, though still cool and cloudy. It is supposed to hit eighty for the first time Saturday. Now that's summer!

Yup, the Sun is on her way. We celebrate the Solstice and as predictable here, we start to get warmer ;).

FB_IMG_1655764888079.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Summer is my favorite. Always happy to see it, no matter if its Sunna, Ra, Surya, Saule, Helios, or any other bringing it in. :)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So, I did my ritual for Midsummer today, as I will be very busy tomorrow. Here are a few photos. I dragged my entire altar out to bask in Sunna's rays.

IMG20220620173020.jpg

IMG20220620175103.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Nice weather over most of India except where it is raining. Monsoon active in South West and in the Himalayan hills. Floods already in North East (Assam) displacing 5 million people. Storms and lightening in Bihar killing 17 people.

As for the solstice, it is mid-day in the path of Gods, Devayana, according to abandoned Aryan mythology, and beginning of Sun's southward journey, not considered auspicious, Dakshinayana, sun moving South, according to the modern Hindu calendars. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Praise Allah:
The sun and the moon run their courses according to a fixed reckoning.
Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah), Paarsurrey, both the Sun and the Earth are slowing down, but that too is according to Allah's command.

lā ḥawla wa-lā quwwata ʾillā bi-llāhi - all change and power is for Allah.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Nice weather over most of India except where it is raining. Monsoon active in South West and in the Himalayan hills. Floods already in North East (Assam) displacing 5 million people. Storms and lightening in Bihar killing 17 people.

As for the solstice, it is mid-day in the path of Gods, Devayana, according to abandoned Aryan mythology, and beginning of Sun's southward journey, not considered auspicious, Dakshinayana, sun moving South, according to the modern Hindu calendars. :)

Agreed with it not being the most auspicious, is why it is best offerings be given and sacrifices made. The sun is getting weaker from here to the winter solstice. And darkness gains it's foothold.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

Praise Allah:
55:6
اَلشَّمۡسُ وَالۡقَمَرُ بِحُسۡبَانٍ ﴿۪۶﴾
The sun and the moon run their courses according to a fixed reckoning.

Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search
Right?
Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah), Paarsurrey, both the Sun and the Earth are slowing down, but that too is according to Allah's command.
lā ḥawla wa-lā quwwata ʾillā bi-llāhi - all change and power is for Allah.
To add:
55:7
وَّالنَّجۡمُ وَالشَّجَرُ یَسۡجُدٰنِ ﴿۷﴾
And the stemless plants and the trees humbly submit to His will.
Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search
Right?

Regards