• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Holi

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I just learned that today is apparently a Hindu holiday known as Holi.

May all our site's Hindus who celebrate have a peaceful and joyful holiday. Would love to learn from any of you how you celebrate or observe the day, if at all. :yellowheart:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I just learned that today is apparently a Hindu holiday known as Holi.

May all our site's Hindus who celebrate have a peaceful and joyful holiday. Would love to learn from any of you how you celebrate or observe the day, if at all. :yellowheart:

Honestly, this has been a rough day for me. Its been the first year I haven't got to go to the temple and join in the festivities... Most of the 'social distancing' hasn't been too hard for me, but missing Holi with the community has been difficult. Last year, Covid wasn't in the state yet during the Holi festivities... It came a week later.

I haven't really been able to bring myself to do much this year. Spent some time in the meditation room, just talking quietly with Krishna, letting the sun shine on my back(picked that up from the cats).

Ah well. There's always next year.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Great we just entered a snap 3 day lockdown here. Just before Easter too. Kill me. Please.

Oh and happy Holi

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
A colorless Holi, unfortunately. No Holi fires the previous night. No joyous neighbors, no visits to or from relatives. The sweets for the occasion remain uneaten. However, at least the children (below ten years) still had their fun. Good for them. Covid has returned. Hopefully, the next Holi will be better.
Holi basically is not much of a religious festival, it is a community festival. Happy Holi.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Not at the Dwarkadheesh Temple in Dwarka, where Krishna -- the inventor of Holi -- Ranga-nAth, Who brings colors of joy into people's lives, played Holi all week long... nay ... was drowned in flower and color Holi by the devotees. I think the devotees won this time.
Rose petal Holi, water Holi, gulAl Holi, red yellow green blue powder Holi , Flower Holi.... Aarati was not spared either. Holi continued during Aarati.

I have videos from the Pre and Post Holi bhajans and aaratis this week, but none is small enough to post even after trimming. You can see the pictures on this thread

Would love to learn from any of you how you celebrate or observe the day, if at all. :yellowheart:
Happy Holi :yellowheart:
The last time I played Holi was at 14. You either stay hidden inside till your friends shout your name at the top of their voice compelling you to come out and get drenched in colored water, water balloon fights , sprinkler - pichkaari.. OR be a sport and participate , collecting more friends - there is power in numbers you see. More than 5 is a gang. There is a possibility that someone will sneak up on you with the color water or balloons.
Preparation is fun. Your preparation the day before is a surprise for the others - they do not know how much ammunition you have in terms of water balloons , buckets and colors. When you run out of balloons , hopefully you are carrying a packet -- just fill up a few more from the nearest neighbor's tap.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Mathura was the same. People do not stop. They should take care. Covid has an upsurge in Gujarat. But this also will pass. :)

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Would love to learn from any of you how you celebrate or observe the day, if at all. :yellowheart:

Hi,
What I described in my quick post above was how ranga panchami is celebrated culturally. The day before that has another type of celebration and implication. I have described the 2 days of Holi
(i) Holi Purnima - full moon day of Phalgun
followed by
(ii) Ranga - holi - the holi of colors

in this post (#7) in this Thread on Holi