• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Halloween/Samhain

Bear Wild

I wish a happy and safe Halloween to all. This special holiday celebrates the darker part of the year as in the length of the days get shorter until the solstice in the northern hemisphere (opposite for all of you down under). For me it is a celebration of death and life and the mysteries of the world and the night. Death teaches us to appreciate life and to never take life for granted.

This holiday is also a time to appreciate life associated with the night and its associated creatures such as bats, owls and others that are associated with mystery and death like wolves, ravens, spiders, vultures and others. It is also the time of mystery where the veil of the otherworld grows thinnest when the otherworld mysteries can enter our world for a night.

I hope you all will enjoy Halloween and appreciate the gift of life and enjoy the mystery of the night.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I wish a happy and safe Halloween to all. This special holiday celebrates the darker part of the year as in the length of the days get shorter until the solstice in the northern hemisphere (opposite for all of you down under). For me it is a celebration of death and life and the mysteries of the world and the night. Death teaches us to appreciate life and to never take life for granted.

This holiday is also a time to appreciate life associated with the night and its associated creatures such as bats, owls and others that are associated with mystery and death like wolves, ravens, spiders, vultures and others. It is also the time of mystery where the veil of the otherworld grows thinnest when the otherworld mysteries can enter our world for a night.

I hope you all will enjoy Halloween and appreciate the gift of life and enjoy the mystery of the night.
I prefer to focus on All Hallows itself.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, the biggest symbolism is the dark, and 'turning inward'. Traditionally, when we were more connected with our Earth, the shorter days meant less physical work outdoors, and as temperatures drop, more forced time indoors. The circumstances are perfect for one to journey within, to explore the inner realms and hope to discover that sense of Who I Am.

Bear Wild

It is interesting how we have a fascination with things that are from the dead or defy death. Immortal vampires, ghosts trying to contact or interact with the living, creatures brought back from the dead. The beings from the otherworld - the sidhe - who can enter our world for one night also had immortality.

amorphous_constellation

I suppose I am starting think of it as a moment where perhaps the soul and mind are able to reset themselves with new information... A moment where the whole comes together, and then the parts disperse for another round, until this time comes again

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It is interesting how we have a fascination with things that are from the dead or defy death. Immortal vampires, ghosts trying to contact or interact with the living, creatures brought back from the dead. The beings from the otherworld - the sidhe - who can enter our world for one night also had immortality.
Mortality is something we humans have a hard time grappling with. Sometimes it’s comforting to imagine beings that are fun or scary or friendly but are dead. Or have “conquered” death. It makes death seem relatable and not so scary, I think