• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Halloween how do you celebrate?

Riders

Anyone celebrate All Hallows Eve, or Samhein? Other religious or ritual traditions, how are y'all celebrating if you are or giving out candy renouncing it what?My guy friend is coming over with a bunch of candy halloween candy on sale and pizza and we are watching scary movies.

My top favorite scary movies,

Halloween 1976
Halloween 2 1978
Nightmare on Elm Street 1 2 and 3
Scream
Psycho
Buried ALive first and second one
Don't Answer the Phone 1st and second
House on Haunted Hill old and new one.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Anyone celebrate All Hallows Eve, or Samhein? Other religious or ritual traditions, how are y'all celebrating if you are or giving out candy renouncing it what?My guy friend is coming over with a bunch of candy halloween candy on sale and pizza and we are watching scary movies.

Halloween 1976
Halloween 2 1978
Scream
Psycho
a big bonfire would be nice, samhain

The entrance passage to the Mound of the Hostages on the Hill of Tara is aligned with the rising sun around Samhain. The Mound of the Hostages is 4,500 to 5000 years old, suggesting that Samhain was celebrated long before the first Celts arrived in Ireland about 2,500 years ago.

The Diwali Festival
The Hindu Diwali (Divali, Deepavali) Festival known as the Festival of Lights occurs about the same time as Samhain. Diwali marks the Hindu New Year just as Samhain marks the Celtic New Year, could it be that Diwali and Samhain have a common root in antiquity?

Last edited:

Riders

Also Halloween H20
John Carpenters Vampires
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
The Lost Boys
Fright Night
Any old Dracula movies
Children of The Corn

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Halloween 1976
Halloween 2 1978
Scream
Psycho

Admire the grandkid's costumes. Make the kids give out candy, go hide in my room.

Not big on most holidays, especially ones that I don't even get a day off for. o_O

Baladas

An Págánach
I'll take my little one trick-or-treating, give out candy, and I still dress up most of the time so I probably will do that too.
For me, this time of year is also a time that I am more intentional about remembering and honoring those who have passed.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

We stay in and watch films as usual, but we do have a box of sweets and a box of coins for any kids who call.

I always think of ALL HALLOWS EVE which of course is how Halloween got it's name. The Saints and Martyrs are remembered on 1st November...... :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Have a marathon of the first 3 Return of the Living Dead movies, play the Outlast games and get drunk (depending on how drunk I get, I may not make it through the movies, lol). I might go to Mass on All Souls to remember my mom.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Halloween 1976
Halloween 2 1978
Scream
Psycho
Unfortunately I have to work tonight. But every year I watch Hocus Pocus, at least one version of sleepy hollow and eat sugary crap.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Me and Olive plans to go see Betty Boop again.

Betty said that later she wants to get together for a threesome, whatever that is.

(Film from last year when I gots to dance with her.)​

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Possible. That the old Aryan calendar began with winter is evident in the common Hindu blessing 'Jive twam sharadam shatam', 'May you live for a hundred winters' and not 'May you live for a hundred springs'. But later the beginning of the year was changed to vernal equinox.

Also, Hindus still have a period known as 'Ati Rātra' (Greater Night). That is a remembrance of the time when Aryans lived in sub-Arctic regions and experienced a long, cold dark night (and feared it). The long night lasted for various number of days, generally two months, but never more than a hundred days. During these days, God Indra was supposed to be battling with the demons of darkness (their chief, Vritra) to bring back the sun; and was therefore known as 'Shata-kratu' (the performer of hundred valors).

Hymn to night:
yāvayā vṛukyaṃ vṛukaṃ yavaya stenam ūrmye l athā naḥ sutarā bhava ll
Keep off the she-wolf and the wolf, O Urmya, keep the thief away; Easy be thou for us to pass.
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 10: HYMN CXXVII. Night., Verse 6

Hymn to Indra:
śatakratum arṇavaṃ śākinaṃ naraṃ giro ma indram upayanti viśvataḥ l vājasaniṃ pūrbhidaṃ tūrṇim apturaṃ dāmah ācam abhiṣācaṃ svarvidam ll
To Indra from all sides go forth my songs of praise, the Lord of Hundred Valors, strong, hero, like the sea, swift; Winner of the booty, breaker-down of forts, faithful and ever-glorious, finder of the light.
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 3: HYMN LI. Indra., Verse 2

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member

Halloween 1976
Halloween 2 1978
Scream
Psycho

My favorite scary movie is evil dead 2.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hubby and I are dressing up and meeting friends at a science museum that is doing a big king tut exhibit late night for adults, with food and drinks. So if I don't get killed by mummies I'll see you all Thursday. :)

Cooky

Veteran Member
Hubby and I are dressing up and meeting friends at a science museum that is doing a big king tut exhibit late night for adults, with food and drinks. So if I don't get killed by mummies I'll see you all Thursday. :)

Hey, isn't that in LA..? I thought I saw signs for that.