• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Halloween and Satanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unfortunate. Sin and do not pay for it. That is injustice. Unfair to those against whom you sinned. Ah, promissory notes, not even worth the paper they are written on?
I know it sounds unfair for a person to be forgiven for all of their sins, especially when you consider that many people were hurt by their sins. The problem is we are trying to understand why God does what he does, with a small finite mind. Gods ways are infinitely higher than ours, so of' course we won't understand everything about God in this life while we live in a corrupt body of sin.

We will understand much more when we receive our eternal bodies on judgement day, when every single person who ever lived will be reunited with their body. We will be resurrected and reunited with our bodies but our bodies will be indestructible and eternal, sop we will either spend eternity in hell fire of in paradise, those in hell would love to cease existing but those in paradise will be filled with joy and happiness.

As for us forgiven Saints of God, nobody will be able to accuse us of anything because God is the highest authority in the universe so when He forgives it's final and nobody can appeal His decision.

Every true believer receives the Holy Spirit when they are converted, we still continue to sin until we die but it's not deliberate. We fall into sin, just like a person stumbles and falls when they lose their footing. The unbeliever will have to pay for every single sin they have ever committed and each sin deserves hell so those who end up in hell will continue to blaspheme against God while they burn and keep adding more fuel to the fire so they will never get out.

What sort of Super Being uses TORTURE to get and keep followers in line?

Seriously? That's IMMORAL!

You worship an immoral beast!

That's has GOT to suck... ! I actually feel sorry for you, since it's quite obvious you are living in constant fear...

Get some help.
You're right I do live in constant fear of the Lord, but it's a joy to fear God. It similar to the fear a child has for his father, we fear Him because we love Him so we don't want to offend Him or disappoint Him.

I expect unbelievers to accuse the Lord of being unfair or enjoying the torture of sinners, this is because sinners love their sin and they don't want anyone to interfere with their "right" to sin.

The problem is, a sinner is using his fallen, wicked, totally depraved, sinful mind to judge a Holy, Loving, all knowing, all mighty, righteous, eternal, omnipotent, omnipresent God. Can you see the problem here?.

Everything you have has been given to you by God, you didn't create one speck of dust so you are obliged to obey God. You know the difference between right and wrong, so you will be held accountable for every single action so you must be very careful and you must fear the Lord.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of understanding, so a person is stuck on home base until they start to fear the Lord. I'm no better than you or anyone else, I deserve to be punished for my many sins but I put my trust in Christ for the forgiveness of my sins. Christ offered to pay for the sins of anyone who would believe in Him and trust Him.

It comes down to a simple choice, you either believe in Christ and trust Him or you will pay for your own sins in hell. You either choose to spend eternity in heaven or hell, yes choosing Christ will cost you your freedom to sin and you will be hated by the world but you will inherit eternal life and all the riches of the universe.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Hello St Frank, haven't seen you here in a while.....hope you are well.

Thank you for the link but we have to understand that celebrations and festivals instituted by men do not necessarily have God's approval.

If you look at the account of the Israelites after their release from slavery in Egypt, you will see that when Moses appeared to be delaying in the mountain, the people fell to idolatry and made a golden calf, calling it the God who had liberated them, and making for themselves a festival with singing and dancing before this image. (Exodus 32:1-10) Thereafter, God did not allow Israel to hold any festival that he did not prescribe, nor did he allow them to introduce their own ideas into their yearly celebrations....every detail of the proceedings was outlined by God. No deviation was tolerated.

From the link....
"The Christian attitude towards the death of martyrs is first exemplified in the New Testament, which records that after the beheading of St. John the Baptist, his disciples respectfully buried him.[19] Stephen was likewise "given a Christian burial by his fellow-Christians after he had been stoned to death by a mob."[20] Two of the Post-Nicene Fathers, Ephrem the Syrian,[21] as well as John Chrysostom,[22] both wrote about the importance of honoring the dead; the theologian Herman Heuser writes that in the early Church, the feast days of the martyrs were local observances,[23] with churches being built on those sites where their blood was shed."

Showing respect for someone who has died by giving them an appropriate burial is not the same as honoring the dead with "holy days" and with feasting and costumes that are supposed to honor saints.

"All Hallows' Eve, often contracted as Halloween, is the eve of All Hallows (All Saints' Day),[34][35] and the first day of the Allhallowtide.[36] According to some scholars, the Christian Church absorbed some Celtic practices associated with Samhain and Christianised the celebration in order to ease the Celts' conversion to Christianity;[37][38] other scholars maintain that the Christian observance of All Hallows' Eve arose completely independent of Samhain.[39]"

We already know how much the Roman church was influenced by paganism in the early centuries but we do not find anything comparable in the Christian scriptures. There were no such observances among the first Christians. The only thing Christ's disciples were commanded to commemorate was the death of their Lord, but even in that solemn event, paganism overlayed any Christian teaching with customs taken from the worship of a pagan fertility goddess....complete with her name and symbols...rabbits and eggs.
There is no Easter in the Bible.

You will not find any teaching of souls returning to the earth for one night of the year to mingle with the living. That is a pagan idea which would have been abhorrent to the ancient Jews and early Christians who held no belief about eternal souls. That was a Greek notion promoted by Plato, not Jesus.

"In medieval Poland, believers were taught to pray out loud as they walk through the forests in order that the souls of the dead might find comfort; in Spain, Christian priests tolled their church bells in order to allow their congregants to remember the dead on All Hallows' Eve.[42] The Christian Church traditionally observed Hallowe'en through a vigil "when worshippers would prepare themselves with prayers and fasting prior to the feast day itself."[43] This church service is known as the Vigil of All Hallows or the Vigil of All Saints;[44][45] an initiative known as Night of Light seeks to further spread the Vigil of All Hallows throughout Christendom.[46][47] After the service, "suitable festivities and entertainments" often follow, as well as a visit to the graveyard or cemetery, where flowers and candles are often placed in preparation for All Saints' Day (All Hallows).[48][49]"

The basis for these customs is not Christian, but is a reflection of the extent to which the church deviated from the original teachings of the Christ and the church be started. This was foretold by both Jesus and the apostles.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Hello St Frank, haven't seen you here in a while.....hope you are well.

Thank you for the link but we have to understand that celebrations and festivals instituted by men do not necessarily have God's approval.

If you look at the account of the Israelites after their release from slavery in Egypt, you will see that when Moses appeared to be delaying in the mountain, the people fell to idolatry and made a golden calf, calling it the God who had liberated them, and making for themselves a festival with singing and dancing before this image. (Exodus 32:1-10) Thereafter, God did not allow Israel to hold any festival that he did not prescribe, nor did he allow them to introduce their own ideas into their yearly celebrations....every detail of the proceedings was outlined by God. No deviation was tolerated.

From the link....
"The Christian attitude towards the death of martyrs is first exemplified in the New Testament, which records that after the beheading of St. John the Baptist, his disciples respectfully buried him.[19] Stephen was likewise "given a Christian burial by his fellow-Christians after he had been stoned to death by a mob."[20] Two of the Post-Nicene Fathers, Ephrem the Syrian,[21] as well as John Chrysostom,[22] both wrote about the importance of honoring the dead; the theologian Herman Heuser writes that in the early Church, the feast days of the martyrs were local observances,[23] with churches being built on those sites where their blood was shed."

Showing respect for someone who has died by giving them an appropriate burial is not the same as honoring the dead with "holy days" and with feasting and costumes that are supposed to honor saints.

"All Hallows' Eve, often contracted as Halloween, is the eve of All Hallows (All Saints' Day),[34][35] and the first day of the Allhallowtide.[36] According to some scholars, the Christian Church absorbed some Celtic practices associated with Samhain and Christianised the celebration in order to ease the Celts' conversion to Christianity;[37][38] other scholars maintain that the Christian observance of All Hallows' Eve arose completely independent of Samhain.[39]"

We already know how much the Roman church was influenced by paganism in the early centuries but we do not find anything comparable in the Christian scriptures. There were no such observances among the first Christians. The only thing Christ's disciples were commanded to commemorate was the death of their Lord, but even in that solemn event, paganism overlayed any Christian teaching with customs taken from the worship of a pagan fertility goddess....complete with her name and symbols...rabbits and eggs.
There is no Easter in the Bible.

You will not find any teaching of souls returning to the earth for one night of the year to mingle with the living. That is a pagan idea which would have been abhorrent to the ancient Jews and early Christians who held no belief about eternal souls. That was a Greek notion promoted by Plato, not Jesus.

"In medieval Poland, believers were taught to pray out loud as they walk through the forests in order that the souls of the dead might find comfort; in Spain, Christian priests tolled their church bells in order to allow their congregants to remember the dead on All Hallows' Eve.[42] The Christian Church traditionally observed Hallowe'en through a vigil "when worshippers would prepare themselves with prayers and fasting prior to the feast day itself."[43] This church service is known as the Vigil of All Hallows or the Vigil of All Saints;[44][45] an initiative known as Night of Light seeks to further spread the Vigil of All Hallows throughout Christendom.[46][47] After the service, "suitable festivities and entertainments" often follow, as well as a visit to the graveyard or cemetery, where flowers and candles are often placed in preparation for All Saints' Day (All Hallows).[48][49]"

The basis for these customs is not Christian, but is a reflection of the extent to which the church deviated from the original teachings of the Christ and the church be started. This was foretold by both Jesus and the apostles.
Yes, I'm well. I also already know what the Watchtower thinks and still couldn't care less. So nothing has changed in that regard. ;) Although I am no longer a Christian (and I'm finally fine with that), I will be attending Mass on All Souls to pray for my mother out of respect for her beliefs and because I realized that I hadn't prayed for her soul. Luckily there is no such thing as time on the other side of the veil. So, yeah. I don't agree with or care about the Watchtower says about it.

You didn't expose anything except your profound ignorance.

The problem with your beliefs is the potential for harm by dismissing actual, physical causes for these disorders and illnesses.
You can say all you want, but people do become better, they do become more independent, they make positive changes in their lives that add up. And without any spiritual involvement, I've encouraged people through drug treatment, got them to realize their poor dietary choices and make better ones,

You say that, yet my not-Christian-self has helped even Christians with their mental health.

I have put God to the test, and he was never there. I eventually left him, and I was able to then leave my pains and sorrows at the Cross, and learned those burdens weren't even actually burdens, but what I had been led to believe at the hands of a pastor preaching from a book of tales from ancient goat herders.

And save your prayers. I belong to Lucifer now.

The first 16 years of my life were hell because I was very devoted to the Christian religion. I learned how to hate myself, to be ashamed of myself, and I frequently cried myself to sleep and was suicidal. I even attempted it once. The second 16 was a lot better, though it took several years for all the wounds to heal and recover from the damage that was done. But the improvements came pretty much immediately once I renounced God, took myself from Jesus' hand, and evicted the Holy Ghost from my heart. And things have constantly been getting better. Eventually I ceased all religious affiliations, and adopted a blend of Luciferianism, Taoism, and Buddhism. And things still keep getting better. I went from just barely graduating high school to graduating from university with honors, distinctions, magna cum laude.

And I help people in the mental health field without a single nod of acknowledgement towards religion.
I'm not talking about religion, as I do realize that religion is mostly man made and everything man does if fundamentally flawed.
I would put it to you that you never were a true believer, you trusted in other people to tell you about the Lord but you never had a personal relationship with Him.

I was raised in a Roman Catholic Church so I was also taught about God by fallen men who taught me their own perverted views about who God is, so I had a distorted false view of god so I know where you're coming from and I'm not judging you at all.

I would encourage you as a matter of the highest priority to seek God, he will reveal Himself to you if you truly seek Him. You would find that He is nothing like you have been lead to believe about Him, you would find that he is your best friend and He has your best interests at heart.

Every single one of us has to make choice, we either believe Christ or we believe Lucifer. Christ offers eternal life in paradise but Lucifer can't offer anything because He doesn't own anything, He was created by Christ who owns every spec of dust in the entire universe.

The choice you make has eternal consequences, so choose wisely. You don't need to feel pressured or stuck with your current decision. You can change your mind at anytime, but I wouldn't gamble with time because none of us know how long we have before we find ourselves standing before Christ to be judged.

I hope and pray that you would reconsider and choose Christ, I know the power of Satan. He had me imprisoned to His deception fro most of my life, until I got on my knees and asked Christ to save me from my sins. Christ is waiting with open arms but His offer will expire the moment you step into eternity, then your choice will be permanent and there will never be another opportunity to repent.

Bear Wild

The true meaning of Halloween....?

The 1910 edition of The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “All Souls’ Day . . . the day set apart in the Roman Catholic Church for the commemoration of the faithful departed. The celebration is based on the doctrine that the souls of the faithful which at death have not been cleansed from venial sins, or have not atoned for past transgressions, cannot attain the Beatific Vision, and that they may be helped to do so by prayer and by the sacrifice of the mass. . . . Certain popular beliefs connected with All Souls’ Day are of pagan origin and immemorial antiquity. Thus the dead are believed by the peasantry of many Catholic countries to return to their former homes on All Souls’ night and partake of the food of the living.”—Vol. I, p. 709.

The Encyclopedia Americana says: “Elements of the customs connected with Halloween can be traced to a Druid ceremony in pre-Christian times. The Celts had festivals for two major gods—a sun god and a god of the dead (called Samhain), whose festival was held on November 1, the beginning of the Celtic New Year. The festival of the dead was gradually incorporated into Christian ritual.”—(1977), Vol. 13, p. 725.

The book The Worship of the Dead points to this origin: “The mythologies of all the ancient nations are interwoven with the events of the Deluge . . . The force of this argument is illustrated by the fact of the observance of a great festival of the dead in commemoration of the event, not only by nations more or less in communication with each other, but by others widely separated, both by the ocean and by centuries of time. This festival is, moreover, held by all on or about the very day on which, according to the Mosaic account, the Deluge took place, viz., the seventeenth day of the second month—the month nearly corresponding with our November.” (London, 1904, Colonel J. Garnier, p. 4) Thus these celebrations actually began with an honoring of people whom God had destroyed because of their badness in Noah’s day.—Gen. 6:5-7; 7:11.

Such holidays honoring “spirits of the dead” as if they were alive in another realm are contrary to the Bible’s description of death as a state of complete unconsciousness.—Eccl. 9:5, 10; Ps. 146:4.

Holidays — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Immortality of the human soul is not a Bible teaching.

Oh, the true meaning of Christmas?...has nothing to do with Jesus Christ.

Regarding the origin of Christmas and the day of Christ’s birth, note the following comments from religious and historical sources:

“Christmas was not among the earliest festivals of the Church.”The Catholic Encyclopedia.

“The first mention of the celebration of Christmas occurred in A.D. 336 in an early Roman calendar.”The World Book Encyclopedia.

“The observance of Christmas is not of divine appointment, nor is it of N[ew] T[estament] origin. The day of Christ’s birth cannot be ascertained from the N. T., or, indeed, from any other source. The fathers of the first three centuries do not speak of any special observance of the nativity.”Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature, by McClintock and Strong.

“Inexplicable though it seems, the date of Christ’s birth is not known. The Gospels indicate neither the day nor the month.”
New Catholic Encyclopedia.

If Christmas were important for Christians, would not Jesus or his disciples have mentioned it? Also, the Bible tells us: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial . . . that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) If Christmas were of divine origin, would not God have inspired the Bible writers to say something about it so that Christians could be “completely equipped for every good work”?

The Bible doesn't mention Christmas because it is not a Christian doctrine or practice. Nowhere in the New Testament was a special day called Christmas set apart to celebrate the birth of Christ. . . .

Christmas is connected to the god Mythra, not Jesus.
“The Romans’ favorite festival was Saturnalia, which began on December 17 and ended with the ‘birthday of the unconquered sun’ (Natalis solis invicti) on December 25. Somewhere in the second quarter of the fourth century, savvy officials of the church of Rome decided December 25 would make a dandy day to celebrate the birthday of the ‘sun of righteousness.’ Christmas was born.” (US Catholic)
New Catholic Encyclopedia says: “On Dec. 25, 274, [Roman emperor] Aurelian had proclaimed the sun-god [Mithras] principal patron of the empire . . . Christmas originated at a time when the cult of the sun was particularly strong at Rome.”

The book Celebrations states: “The clergy eventually brought the . . . world of the Saturnalia into the Church itself.”

And the Encyclopædia Britannica notes that December 25 was regarded “as the birth date of the . . . [sun] god Mithra.”

Christmas—Is It Christian? — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Is a picture emerging here?

Nonsense. On the full moon closest to November 1, the ancient Celts of Britain and Ireland celebrated their festival of Samhain. They believed that during this festival, spirits of the dead returned to earth. People put out food and drink so that the spirits would not harm them. When children today dress in costumes and go from house to house saying “Trick or treat,” they do not realize that they are imitating this ancient demonic custom. If they do not get their "treat" then they will get a "trick" played on them.

You don't think these celebrations need to be sterilized and exposed for what they really are? God was around to see the originals...you think he forgets, especially when he forbade his people to imitate the pagan nations in their religious festivals. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

Sorry but there is nothing "holy" about any of it.

You have the festival of Samhain incorrect. It was not the spirits of the dead it was the folk of the otherworld the - Sid in Ireland which has the best record of the events. They did leave offerings of their harvest to the Sid to avoid harm from those of the otherworld but they were not the dead. The Catholic church adopted the holiday and converted as much as they could with a Christian spin but the festival still has aspects that can be attributed to its past pre Christian belief. So was the Catholic Church wrong? Since it represented most of Christianity - protestants were not an organized group at that time - does that mean that Christians were wrong. They took over many Celtic rituals and customs and reworked them into Christian ones. Why didn't god tell them they were wrong at that time? Christianity was influenced by many beliefs of the areas it expanded into.

I never knew religious persecution as a Christian. It didn't happen. But as soon as I quit being a Christian a few "friends" immediately ceased having anything to do with me. No one questioned my morality when I was a Christian - now, without god, it's not uncommon for someone to wonder how it's possible for me to have any sense of morality.
Every true believer will suffer persecution, that is a promise which is guaranteed by God Himself. The fact that you didn't suffer any persecution tells me that you weren't a true believer. I can understand your Christian friends breaking ties with you, because we are commanded not to fellowship with unbelievers.

The ability to live a moral life is given by God to His chosen people, it's not possible for anyone to live a moral life without the Holy Spirit indwelling them. We are all born totally depraved and we live as sinners until we are converted, it's not possible for anyone to be justified or morally pure using our own ability.

We are totally dependent upon God to guide us and to live a good life, if we try to do it without God we will fall into Satan's trap and become His prisoners and end up in hell with Him.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yes, I'm well. I also already know what the Watchtower thinks and still couldn't care less. So nothing has changed in that regard. ;) Although I am no longer a Christian (and I'm finally fine with that), I will be attending Mass on All Souls to pray for my mother out of respect for her beliefs and because I realized that I hadn't prayed for her soul. Luckily there is no such thing as time on the other side of the veil. So, yeah. I don't agree with or care about the Watchtower says about it.

What I replied to was from the link you provided...it wasn't from the Watchtower...

Bob the Unbeliever

You're right I do live in constant fear of the Lord, but it's a joy to fear God. It similar to the fear a child has for his father, we fear Him because we love Him so we don't want to offend Him or disappoint Him.

nope. That is pure evil. Psychopaths rule by fear. It is the opposite of love.

I pity anyone who lives like that, and it's pure child abuse to make your kid fear you.

That's not love. That's being broken-minded.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The Catholic church adopted the holiday and converted as much as they could with a Christian spin but the festival still has aspects that can be attributed to its past pre Christian belief. So was the Catholic Church wrong?

If we are to believe what Jesus and the apostles taught, then the "church" from the beginning of the second century was already on its way into apostasy. (Matthew 13:36-43; Acts 20:29, 30; 2 Peter 2:1, 2; 2 Thessalonians 2:3) The only thing holding it back was the presence of the apostles and once the last book of the Christian scriptures, (penned by the apostle John) was complete there was nothing to stop the rot setting in completely.

Moving forward to the time of Emperor Constantine, (4th century) we see an amalgamation of pagan Roman beliefs with a very weakened form of Christianity....the Roman Catholic church was born its beliefs were adjusted to accommodate the pagan's acceptance of the new state religion...."Christianity"....but it was never a reflection of anything Jesus taught. We cannot take anything as gospel that came after the concluding chapters of God's word. What is recorded in the scriptures has to be the basis for all Christian belief...not the doctrines formulated by a corrupted church hundreds of years after Jesus died.

Since it represented most of Christianity - protestants were not an organized group at that time - does that mean that Christians were wrong. They took over many Celtic rituals and customs and reworked them into Christian ones. Why didn't god tell them they were wrong at that time? Christianity was influenced by many beliefs of the areas it expanded into.

God did not prevent it but he did foretell it. (as above) The parable of the "wheat and the weeds" says that fake Christianity was sown by the devil "while men were sleeping" (after the apostles passed away) He also foretold through his prophet Daniel that at the time of the end, God would cleanse, whiten and refine a people and provide them with an abundance of knowledge. (Daniel 12:4; 9-10) Since we believe that we are deep into "the time of the end", we would recognize the "wheat" by the fact that they are completely different to the "weeds" sown by the devil in those early centuries. Jesus said that "few" are on the road to life, so numbers mean nothing. We would then expect the majority confessing Christianity to be on the wrong road. (Matthew 7:13-14) Jesus will reject them. (Matthew 7:21-23)

It matters what we believe, so we had better make sure it lines up with God's word.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I understand that...but there is nothing I said that cannot be backed up historically.
Well, my point is that Halloween is a Christian celebration remembering the dead. The cultural stuff (trick or treating, costumes, jack o'laterns, spooky or horror stuff, etc.) is modern for the most part. Of course corporations have latched onto it to sell candy, as they did with Valentine's Day (actually is the Feast of St. Valentine - also a Christian holy day). They just commercialize holidays. Of course Christmas is the biggest example. But it is originally religious.

As for "pagan" (I actually do not like that term) customs, that's somewhat up in the air since the Celts left us with almost nothing in terms of documenting their religious or cultural practices before conversion to Christianity. They didn't write things down. So it's hard to say what folk practices stem from pre-Christian Celtic cultures, if any. It's similar to how people believe this myth of Christmas trees being of pre-Christian Germanic religious origin when the custom didn't start until about the 16th century and was/is being used by Christians as metaphors for Christian concepts (and it started in the Baltic countries - not Germanic). All of that is superfluous to the actual commemoration of the holy days, though.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Well, my point is that Halloween is a Christian celebration remembering the dead.

My point was that remembering the dead is a far cry from what it became in church culture....i.e. to hold annual ceremonies to honor their dead . It was not the practice of the first century Christians to do anything like that. The only dead person they were told to remember in any ceremonial way was Jesus Christ.

As for "pagan" (I actually do not like that term) customs, that's somewhat up in the air since the Celts left us with almost nothing in terms of documenting their religious or cultural practices before conversion to Christianity.

I think its fairly simple....compare the Celtic practice of Christianity to what Jesus taught.....if you find anything over and above what he taught, it is not Christian. If it smacks of paganism, it probably is.

All of that is superfluous to the actual commemoration of the holy days, though.

Since I can see from the scriptures what God's response was when Israel fell to practicing false worship, I think its very relevant to what is being done today....and in fact, in all of the practices that the church adopted from false worship. I don't think people know the half of it. Today's "Christianity" in whatever form they practice it, is all they have ever known, and bears little resemblance to what Jesus began. There were no "Holy Days" for first century Christians. There was just the yearly commemoration of the death of Christ.....nothing else. The Catholic church took Christianity and turned it into a twisted version of Judaism....except nothing from the Bible was included. All the trappings came from false religious sources. I don't believe that is OK with God.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
My point was that remembering the dead is a far cry from what it became in church culture....i.e. to hold annual ceremonies to honor their dead . It was not the practice of the first century Christians to do anything like that. The only dead person they were told to remember in any ceremonial way was Jesus Christ.

I think its fairly simple....compare the Celtic practice of Christianity to what Jesus taught.....if you find anything over and above what he taught, it is not Christian. If it smacks of paganism, it probably is.

Since I can see from the scriptures what God's response was when Israel fell to practicing false worship, I think its very relevant to what is being done today....and in fact, in all of the practices that the church adopted from false worship. I don't think people know the half of it. Today's "Christianity" in whatever form they practice it, is all they have ever known, and bears little resemblance to what Jesus began. There were no "Holy Days" for first century Christians. There was just the yearly commemoration of the death of Christ.....nothing else. The Catholic church took Christianity and turned it into a twisted version of Judaism....except nothing from the Bible was included. All the trappings came from false religious sources. I don't believe that is OK with God.
I know what you think. I'm not interested in going on the merry go 'round with you again.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
No one could.

Really? You don't think the devil is a deceiver? Do you know what deception is? Do you know when you are being deceived...or is it later when you find out that you feel stupid?

That is totally your choice...you don't have to answer to me. You know that the day is celebrated by devil worshippers as their special day, so if you want that sort of company, go right ahead. The costumes should tell you something.....the more evil looking they are the better for some.

We don't slander anyone. Though we will call people out for teaching lies in the name of God or his Christ. You can take whatever you like with a grain of salt.....it won't change anything. The lie won't magically become the truth just because you don't want to believe it.

Most of the people that rap on our doors on halloween night are innocent little children that dont know anything about Satan or evil. They just like dressing up in goofy, or cute costumes, and getting candy treats. I rarely see anything that resembles demons, or monsters.

I dont see the average youth getting caught up in the evil aspect of the holiday's history. I never did. I had to be a bunny rabbit when i was little.

Granted fools, and scares are what some kids make of it. Its television that is pretty psychopathic about it anyway.

I guess i see your point though that people shouldnt fool around with the halloween themes.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
All of that stuff is the doctrine of Demons, there is only one truth and the rest is all lies from the wicked realm.
There are 40,000 officially recognized religions and only one true one. Of all the prophets and gods, only One claimed and proved that he it the truth. Christ is the only One who proved that he is God by His miracles, witness and teaching.

All the other gods are actually Demons posing as gods, Christ warned us that many false prophets would come after Him to deceive the whole world. He said they would even attempt to deceive the elect of God, if it were possible. But Gods truth is in His elect people so, we can't be deceived. The truth liberates true believers from error and the lies of Satan and His Demons.

All I can do is warn you, that your enemy is very powerful and very intelligent. No man can match Him in any way, He is far more intelligent and He appeals to your desires and He knows exactly how to deceive you. The only hope you have of escaping His power over you is to turn to Christ and repent of your sins and ask Him to be the Lord of your life.

Christ said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father but by Me", so He is the only way to God and the only hope we have of salvation. If there was another way, He would have told us but it's perfectly clear that He is the only way and there is no other god. Christ said that he is the God who created everything that exists.

I would urge you to forsake all other teachers and religions and come to Christ in repentance and trust Him with your life, He is the only One who is worthy of our worship because He suffered unimaginable pain to save everyone who believes in Him. Christ said that he would save everyone who believes in Him, so that's all you need to do. Simply believe in Him and you shall be saved.
The bulb is truly very dim.

nope. That is pure evil. Psychopaths rule by fear. It is the opposite of love.

I pity anyone who lives like that, and it's pure child abuse to make your kid fear you.

That's not love. That's being broken-minded.
Your comment is born out of ignorance of who God really is, it's obvious you don't know Him and your observation is from a distance. Your image of God is a false and perverted one, if you knew God you would love Him far above everything and everyone else. He is worthy of the highest love and adoration, He suffered untold agony to save undeserving wicked sinners who His enemies and they hated Him.

Can you imagine choosing to suffer unimaginable pain and suffering for your enemies who hate you, then you get people like yourself accusing you of being "pure evil". I would cast you into hell to burn forever if I was God, for responding to His love with such evil wickedness.

Holdasown

I am to this one late so not sure what has or hasn't been said. Halloween as a harvest festival is older than Satan. I actually kinda like Christians hate this one.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Your comment is born out of ignorance of who God really is, it's obvious you don't know Him and your observation is from a distance. Your image of God is a false and perverted one, if you knew God you would love Him far above everything and everyone else. He is worthy of the highest love and adoration, He suffered untold agony to save undeserving wicked sinners who His enemies and they hated Him.

Can you imagine choosing to suffer unimaginable pain and suffering for your enemies who hate you, then you get people like yourself accusing you of being "pure evil". I would cast you into hell to burn forever if I was God, for responding to His love with such evil wickedness.
Oh, please. Lots of people were crucified. People have died in all sorts of extreme, agonizing and mindblowingly painful ways across the centuries. Jesus isn't special in that regard. I've seen videos of people being dismembered and disemboweled alive. Should I worship them for their pain and suffering? You sound like a fanatical cult member who has lost touch with reality, not unlike the Manson Family. Your psychology as betrayed by your posts certainly matches it. How sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.