• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Halloween and Satanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You seem obsessed with me. In a creepy sort of way.

Just showing you some of the things you have posted in this thread....if they are 'creepy', then perhaps you need to do something about them.
ashamed0003.gif

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
So "re-purposing" a false religious event is acceptable to you....? But is it acceptable to God?...to believers this should matter....Why?

The message is clear.....don't touch what is spiritually unclean......I can see that from God's perspective, Halloween is spiritually filthy.
It promotes all kinds of evil. It glorifies satan and witches, ghouls and goblins, blood and gore....and all things spiritistic. If that is harmless fun then I'm afraid that the scriptures have not had much impact on your 'theological thinking.'

Do you never wonder why Christendom never invented festivals and spiritual events of their own to celebrate? Every single one of them is 'borrowed' from false religion and given a thin veneer of "Christian" acceptance, and a new name to pretend that they are all OK for Christians to celebrate.
It’s all about intent. Everything else is window-dressing.

sojourner

Just showing you some of the things you have posted in this thread....if they are 'creepy', then perhaps you need to do something about them.
ashamed0003.gif
Don’t twist my words. I said that your obsession is creepy. I don’t need to be shown what I said. That you believe I do, though, is very telling. Why can’t you just swoon over Justin Bieber like everyone else?

sojourner

Are these the" typical features of being human" SW? :shrug:

images
images
images
images

Yep...harmless family fun. :confused: You can even dress your little boy up as the devil....how cute. :facepalm:

Not the Jesus I know....who are you talking about? Obviously someone masquerading as Jesus......the devil in a Jesus suit perhaps?
I notice you’re the only one here posting creepy pictures. Surely Jehovah frowns on spreading death and demon images all over the Internet?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I think that there is also much of literature in the Bible. Now some stories come off as more modern like Joseph or Job, but even in the more mythic stories there is a great deal of literary craft as well as in the poetry.

The use of motifs changed over time to show various sides of something, the use of words with more than one meaning for names, the pattern of poetry mirrored in the more poetic narrative, the use of terseness and ambiguity to draw the reader into the story with questions and interpretations...most definitely literary...
Why would it not be literary? Was not "the process (of writing) was guided by divine inspiration. IOW, the people of God speak for God." ;)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
His offer is free in the sense that we don't have to suffer the penalty our sin deserves, but your right. We become His prisoners and we lose our free will and we will suffer persecution and even death for His names sake.

That said, you must consider what we gain. We gain eternal life in paradise and we are given all the riches of the universe and we are given super powers. The alternative is eternal torment in hell fire, go figure!!!
Very unfortunate. Sin and do not pay for it. That is injustice. Unfair to those against whom you sinned. Ah, promissory notes, not even worth the paper they are written on?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
It’s all about intent. Everything else is window-dressing.

You are right...intent is everything. What does it mean then to ignore scripture that plainly says don't mix true worship with false worship?
What is the "intent" there? Paul said it was like blending Jesus and satan.....you don't see it?

Don’t twist my words. I said that your obsession is creepy. I don’t need to be shown what I said. That you believe I do, though, is very telling. Why can’t you just swoon over Justin Bieber like everyone else?

Well, that was an intelligent statement. What is very telling is that you can't seem to be able to defend your position scripturally or in any other way. I have no idea what Justin Bieber has to do with anything.

I notice you’re the only one here posting creepy pictures. Surely Jehovah frowns on spreading death and demon images all over the Internet?

I would imagine that he thinks even less of people parading around like that in person...what do you reckon?

Your arguments are very flimsy sojourner....

Bob the Unbeliever

His offer is free in the sense that we don't have to suffer the penalty our sin deserves, but your right. We become His prisoners and we lose our free will and we will suffer persecution and even death for His names sake.

That said, you must consider what we gain. We gain eternal life in paradise and we are given all the riches of the universe and we are given super powers. The alternative is eternal torment in hell fire, go figure!!!

What sort of Super Being uses TORTURE to get and keep followers in line?

Seriously? That's IMMORAL!

You worship an immoral beast!

That's has GOT to suck... ! I actually feel sorry for you, since it's quite obvious you are living in constant fear...

Get some help.

sojourner

You are right...intent is everything. What does it mean then to ignore scripture that plainly says don't mix true worship with false worship?
What is the "intent" there? Paul said it was like blending Jesus and satan.....you don't see it?

Well, that was an intelligent statement. What is very telling is that you can't seem to be able to defend your position scripturally or in any other way. I have no idea what Justin Bieber has to do with anything.

I would imagine that he thinks even less of people parading around like that in person...what do you reckon?

Your arguments are very flimsy sojourner....
God loves you anyway.

sojourner

What does Trick or Treating have to do with worship?? It’s not like we’re replacing Eucharist with fun size candy bars...

What is very telling is that you can't seem to be able to defend your position scripturally or in any other way
What is very telling is that your obsession with me has nothing whatsoever to do with scripture.

Bear Wild

Yea my sister already has her posts at facebook rebuking Halloween that its of the devil up! How about those hellhouses anyone got debate about hell houses?

Any Christians believe its satanic? What about scary movies and haunted houses?
Me and my new guy friend are going to watch scary movies Halloween!

The original Halloween was based on the sacred celebration of Samhain. It had nothing to do with anything satanic nor associated with most of what Hollywood creates. We do know that it was one of the four important feast days of the Celtic year. It is the time when the otherworld of the Sid in Ireland comes in close contact with the world inhabited by man in a time when the two worlds are in free communication. It is the feast of the whole world of the spirits. Offerings of the years harvest is made to the spirits which could take on a threating intrusion into the world of men.

Some of the Irish tales that associated with Samhain such as ''The battle of Mag Tured" and a part of the "Adventure of Nera" which tells of the relationship between men and the those from the Sid at the time of Samhain. At this time the sidhe (mounds associated with the otherworld) open up. Another story tells of the hero Cu Chulainn falling in love with the otherworld woman called Fain.

Thus Halloween is the time when the supernatural other world becomes connected with the natural world for a short time and the two are renewed. There are similar like celebrations in the Welsh mythology where the otherworld is called Annwn and suggested in the mythology of Britton where the otherworld is called Avalon.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Are these the" typical features of being human" SW? :shrug:

images
images
images
images

Yep...harmless family fun. :confused: You can even dress your little boy up as the devil....how cute. :facepalm:
Pretty much every culture has had various costumes, of good spirits and evil spirits, animals and other people, and even days where people typically were them is found here and there. From the animist shamans of old, the Tanakh your religion is based on, up to today we dress in costume, often on a given day and/or for a specific purpose. Today we do it just to be silly and have fun.
Not the Jesus I know....who are you talking about?
The one who freely associated with the lowest in society, stood up for a condemned adulteress, and fed the masses without questioning them or having any regard about this or that. He said there are rules for following him, but he neglected to mention any rules or qualifiers when it came to sharing lunch.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

I never knew religious persecution as a Christian. It didn't happen. But as soon as I quit being a Christian a few "friends" immediately ceased having anything to do with me. No one questioned my morality when I was a Christian - now, without god, it's not uncommon for someone to wonder how it's possible for me to have any sense of morality.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Pretty much every culture has had various costumes, of good spirits and evil spirits, animals and other people, and even days where people typically were them is found here and there. From the animist shamans of old, the Tanakh your religion is based on, up to today we dress in costume, often on a given day and/or for a specific purpose. Today we do it just to be silly and have fun.

I can't really see that the ones who represented God would be dressed up to look like the devil though SW....The Jewish priests did have distinctive garments to wear, but they were not that different from the robes worn by the general population.

images
images
images

Jesus did not dress in any different sort of clothing to his apostles.
Judas had to identify him with a kiss.

Dressing up in costumes was something reserved for Gentile celebrations, usually for religious purposes, not for any Jewish or first century Christian activities.

Jewish festivals were joyous occasions but everything about them was prescribed by God.

The one who freely associated with the lowest in society, stood up for a condemned adulteress, and fed the masses without questioning them or having any regard about this or that. He said there are rules for following him, but he neglected to mention any rules or qualifiers when it came to sharing lunch.

Jesus did not associate with the the lowest ones of Jewish society because he liked their company SW....he did so to preach to them and teach them about the God that they had been made to feel that they were not good enough for. He gave them hope and showed them God's love and mercy and forgiveness.

The account of the condemned adulteress is not found in early manuscripts and is believed to be a later addition. But the lesson is still good.....are the accusers in any position to condemn anyone else?....Jesus is reported to have told the woman...."go and sin no more".

The masses he fed were all Jews and he waited three days before he fed them....that was a good indication that those who stayed were deserving of the free meal. He said he didn't want them to give out on the road when they were journeying home.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Jesus did not associate with the the lowest ones of Jewish society because he liked their company SW....he did so to preach to them and teach them about the God that they had been made to feel that they were not good enough for. He gave them hope and showed them God's love and mercy and forgiveness.
Basically meaning he was up to his neck in goats.

Faithofchristian

Yea my sister already has her posts at facebook rebuking Halloween that its of the devil up! How about those hellhouses anyone got debate about hell houses?

Any Christians believe its satanic? What about scary movies and haunted houses?
Me and my new guy friend are going to watch scary movies Halloween!

Well first, there's nothing wrong with Halloween or scary movies, it's all about knowing what is evil and what is not evil.

There's nothing wrong in scary movies, it's all about what you make of scary movies.

Its like having a graven image of something, theres nothing wrong in the graven image itself, it's what you do with it that makes the graven image evil.

Just because I watch scary movies, that's not evil, What is wrong, is when I start to believe those scary zombies movies are reality.

It's like those Harry Potter movies, which are nothing more than fantasy. If people takes them as reality, it's not the movie that's wrong, it's the people that's wrong, of taking those Harry Potter movies as Reality when there Fantasy.

Like there's real zombies walking around eating people. There's the worng, to believe in this non-sense of walking dead people, eating people.

For those people who think Halloween is evil, they don't have a concept of what is reality and what is not reality.
What is evil and what is not evil.

I say to these people, come down out of your fantasy world. To the real world of reality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.