• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Halloween and Satanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob the Unbeliever

You can reject the truth now and dismiss it and ignore it and mock and ridicule it but a day is coming quickly when you will kneel before Christ and worship Him and beg Him for mercy but He will show you no mercy. \

He will remind you of all those times you rejected His free offer of forgiveness and salvation. then He will cast you into hell, where you will remain forever with no hope of escape or end.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, you haven't even begun to understand the truth of the matter. The first thing you must do is repent and turn from your sins and follow Christ and give your life to serving Him, otherwise you are doomed to spend eternity in hell.

That's basically extortion. The exact same thing as Mafia "protection" racket:

"Pay us money or we will burn your store down"

Bob the Unbeliever

God's people are identified by having a sound mind, ....

Only if you re-define "sound mind" into pretty much the exact opposite [of sound].

And I'm just going by what you have written so far... (that I have read).

It's judgmental people such as yourself, that has made me the atheist I am today.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The prodigal son lived long enough to repent and return to His Father, you don't know if you will see this day out so don't live as if you have time and god will wait for you to get your fill of sin and come to Him when your sin makes you sick.

Nobody know when they may take their last breath and wake up standing before God to be judged and cast into hell.
So, God’s mercy isn’t infinite, as God is infinite? God’s mercy slams the door at some point? The father waited until the son returned. Time, death — these things have been shown in the Bible to not constrain God.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sure! There are lots of factual anomalies in the texts. Waddya expect? It’s a collection of ancient documents cobbled together from several different ancient cultures. It’s not “Holy” because it’s perfect; it’s “holy” because it’s set apart from other texts to convey religious wisdom, usually through mythic means.
And edited umpteen times to suit the requirements of the editors (underline mine). So it is not the 'God's Word'. And if it is not the 'Word of God', then it is not holy. It is just another fiction. So, many other texts too are interesting fiction. Nothing special about Bible.:)

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Scientist must abandon their intelligence and leave it at the Satanic Luciferian alter if they are to be accepted into the Scientific community. I know all about mainstream science and what their agenda is, it all started with Darwin and it has evolved into a Mafia organisation where one must sell their soul to the Devil before they are received into Cult.

Real Scientists are christian, they have debunked all of the secular scientific theories. Your Mob use murder and extortion tactics to push their Satanic agenda, but they can't fool intelligent people who ask question. they can only fool the weak minded morons who have been taught to swallow crap and regurgitate it.

Critical thinking is banned in the fake secular scientific community, they fall apart when they are asked a question by real Scientists. They just don't have have a leg to stand on and they refuse to debate real scientists.
I sincerely hope that you're a Poe. If not, then I'll pray for the FSM to touch you with his noodly appendage.
R'Amen!

sealchan

Yea my sister already has her posts at facebook rebuking Halloween that its of the devil up! How about those hellhouses anyone got debate about hell houses?

Any Christians believe its satanic? What about scary movies and haunted houses?
Me and my new guy friend are going to watch scary movies Halloween!

Halloween is Celtic and Catholic. Day of the Dead is Halloween's sibling...

https://www.history.com/topics/halloween/history-of-halloween
Day of the Dead vs Halloween - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

To me, if Christians really feel that death has been conquered in Christ then they should feel free to celebrate these holidays. Even Christians fear death even if they tell themselves they don't but unconsciously persecute Halloween.

Still I'm not against re-purposing Halloween, but let's not forget about the role death plays in our lives...there is no life without death after all.

sojourner

And edited umpteen times to suit the requirements of the editors (underline mine). So it is not the 'God's Word'. And if it is not the 'Word of God', then it is not holy. It is just another fiction. So, many other texts too are interesting fiction. Nothing special about Bible.:)
Au contraire!
It is referred to as God’s word, because it is believed that that process was guided by divine inspiration. IOW, the people of God speak for God.

And the fact that it is holy has nothing to do with whether or not it is “God’s words.” It is holy because it is set apart as our wisdom literature.

It’s not fiction. Fiction is a particular literary genre. The biblical texts don’t fit that genre. Much of it does fit the genre of myth.

sealchan

Au contraire!
It is referred to as God’s word, because it is believed that that process was guided by divine inspiration. IOW, the people of God speak for God.

And the fact that it is holy has nothing to do with whether or not it is “God’s words.” It is holy because it is set apart as our wisdom literature.

It’s not fiction. Fiction is a particular literary genre. The biblical texts don’t fit that genre. Much of it does fit the genre of myth.

I think that there is also much of literature in the Bible. Now some stories come off as more modern like Joseph or Job, but even in the more mythic stories there is a great deal of literary craft as well as in the poetry.

The use of motifs changed over time to show various sides of something, the use of words with more than one meaning for names, the pattern of poetry mirrored in the more poetic narrative, the use of terseness and ambiguity to draw the reader into the story with questions and interpretations...most definitely literary...

sojourner

I think that there is also much of literature in the Bible. Now some stories come off as more modern like Joseph or Job, but even in the more mythic stories there is a great deal of literary craft as well as in the poetry.

The use of motifs changed over time to show various sides of something, the use of words with more than one meaning for names, the pattern of poetry mirrored in the more poetic narrative, the use of terseness and ambiguity to draw the reader into the story with questions and interpretations...most definitely literary...
I may have been a little unclear. Yes, it’s literary, but not fiction. It’s literary genre is largely mythic.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Personal attacks are useless and a waste of time and energy because I just laugh it off as a cheap unsubstantiated accusation. I gave you the evidence proving you are a fraud, but all you did is resort to personal insult without any basis for the accusation you make.

I quoted the Bible and you showed you where you are wrong according to the word of God. I don't make claims based on my opinion because opinions are like noses everyone must have one and everyone's opinion differs.

The Bible says let every man be a liar and let God be true, so I let you be a liar and I allowed God to be true and you didn't like it because of your foolish sinful pride.
All I did was use your own words. If you can't handle criticism, that's not my fault.
You're the one attacking me, throwing stones at a sinner without first checking the mote in your own eye. You claim to be a Christian but act like a Pharisee. That's your choice, I'm merely making observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.