• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy feast of our Lady of Mount Carmel!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
OUR-LADY-MOUNT-CARMEL.jpg

Today is the feast of our Lady of Mount Carmel, the one who gave the scapular to st. Simon stock. She appears to people wearing the Carmelite habit.

I don't know of another Marian apparition where she appeared wearing the habit of any other religious order.

The Carmelite habit is the only habit I've worn, and I spent a year at a Carmelite Hermitage/monastery trying to be a monk. The habit is the brown robe and white mantle they wear.

Carmelites are named after Mount Carmel, and they are the only religious order within the Catholic Church that existed before Jesus Christ.

The Carmelite order dates back to the time of the prophet Elijah when he started the school of prophets on Mount Carmel. People began to hang out in caves, dugouts, and stone structures on mount Carmel, and simply pray all the time, and meditate on God's law day and night.

After the Muslims conquered the holy Land, some were killed and many fled to Europe. They decided to found new communities in Europe that live the way they were living on Mount Carmel.

Also, they are the only order named after a place.

So, it's kinda an important day cuz I used to watch the carmelites celebrate this day, and it was a splendid and informative festival, mass, informative speeches, and prayer services.

They celebrate this day like it is Easter or Christmas. Lol!