• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Equinox (September 2018) !

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
And to you! Blessed be!

My coven doesn't celebrate this one as our usual high priest is a bit of a Mabon-skeptic. But I marked the holiday in my own way. Thursday night, my guy and I gave the apartment a good scrubbing, then put up quite a few Fall decorations. Went for a long walk along Lake Elizabeth, watching the winter crowd of geese make their noisy entrance and jockey with each other for the best spots. In the evening, we made apple cobbler, then burned some incense and candles. Walked around the place with some sweetgrass and fingerbells, purifiying and consecrating for the coming months. Won't say what we did after, but it was in keeping with the spirit of celebration.

My Friday morning class got a brief lecture on the holiday, being as it happened to coincide with our meeting time, and we watched this lovely documentary film of a Mabon observance kept by our Estonian cousins.

Holdasown

Made potato soup to give as offerings. Mixed up some heavy cream and honey for the wights. Tomorrow I am taking everything off the altars and cleaning them.

GoodbyeDave

I keep the solstices for Helios, the equinoxes for Gaia: not classically Greek, but religions evolve. So, incense, wine and a hymn for Gaia.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
My wife and I went to the local Renaissance Festival as the Spirit of Fall and the Winter Wolf.

IMG_20180922_112731803_BURST000_COVER_TOP - Copy.jpg