• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday YoursTrue!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
maxresdefault.jpg

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Hope you had a good day! ;):thumbsup:

@YoursTrue
As someone did say, I am a Jehovah's Witness, and I definitely follow the inclination given in the Bible. All mentions of birthday celebrations in the Bible are not particularly wholesome. Also, it may be of interest to some that Jesus Christ's birthday was never mentioned. There is no record of celebrations of his birthday in the Bible, or that he celebrated anyone else's birthday. While I did not choose to be alive, coming from my mother and father, I am very appreciative that I studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses. And, regardless of what day I was born on, I am now looking forward to everlasting life without dying. This is what the Bible says. Nevertheless, thank you for your good wishes towards me.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yeah I just realized, isn't she a JW?
Congratulating her with her birthday may actually be disrespectful then...
If so.. Sorry, but we mean it well! :oops::)
I did not take it as a sign of disrespect. Thank you, I hope you will read my previous post explaining why I decided not to celebrate birthdays. And the Bible says the day of one's death is better than the day of one's birth. So I have found that my relationship to God is the most important thing in my life. He gives everlasting life. Thanks again though.