• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday JustGeorge!!!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
george-3.gif
george-3.gif
Happy Birthday George!!! :)

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, @JustGeorge , many happy returns, and best wishes for a fully functional bathroom.:D

There's progress... We have half a subfloor and a gaping hole where a window will go!

My husband came home from work in a bad mood, just looking for something to complain about... he went outside and came back in "that porta potty really stinks!" in his 'someone should do something about it' tone...

Well, that made me laugh pretty hard, at least...

Does having two threads mean I aged twice?

exchemist

Veteran Member
There's progress... We have half a subfloor and a gaping hole where a window will go!

My husband came home from work in a bad mood, just looking for something to complain about... he went outside and came back in "that porta potty really stinks!" in his 'someone should do something about it' tone...

Well, that made me laugh pretty hard, at least...

Does having two threads mean I aged twice?
In the UK we call those plastic cabins a "turdis". This refers to a much-loved TV show called Dr. Who, which involves a time machine disguised as an old London police box, called the Tardis.

Tardis:-
TARDIS_qn_5410.jpg

Turdis:-

Portaloo-Tufway-Branded.jpg

:D

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
In the UK we call those plastic cabins a "turdis". This refers to a much-loved TV show called Dr. Who, which involves a time machine disguised as an old London police box, called the Tardis.

Tardis:-
TARDIS_qn_5410.jpg

Turdis:-

Portaloo-Tufway-Branded.jpg

:D

Haha! :D

Our local ones are distributed by a guy named Paul, who owns a company called 'Paul's Potties'.

One thing I've noticed from having two kids on the spectrum is that their career fascinations have seemed to be different than most kids. While most kids wanted to be astronauts, firefighters, and movie stars, my oldest was fascinated that Paul had made a living distributing port-a-potties and hoped to one day be his competitor.

He's 15 now and thinks its gross, but when they delivered the potty, I made him come out and take a picture with it. He tried to act offended, but he was grinning too big for it to be believable.

He also went through a phase where he was fascinated with insurance agents, and the middle child is obsessed with locksmiths.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Haha! :D

Our local ones are distributed by a guy named Paul, who owns a company called 'Paul's Potties'.

One thing I've noticed from having two kids on the spectrum is that their career fascinations have seemed to be different than most kids. While most kids wanted to be astronauts, firefighters, and movie stars, my oldest was fascinated that Paul had made a living distributing port-a-potties and hoped to one day be his competitor.

He's 15 now and thinks its gross, but when they delivered the potty, I made him come out and take a picture with it. He tried to act offended, but he was grinning too big for it to be believable.

He also went through a phase where he was fascinated with insurance agents, and the middle child is obsessed with locksmiths.
Now locksmiths , I think, has really something to it, for someone with a focus on detail. Locks are so varied, ingenious and intricate. Insurance agency is more a of a people-orientated thing, so maybe less easy to see how that might work.....

When I was in the 6th form at school, I went through a brief phase of being fascinated with sewage farms. They too are dammed clever, the way they harness bacteria to break down waste. The manager of the Beckton works was once interviewed on TV, proudly drinking a glass of water from the outfall of the works back into the Thames. I was impressed. And I believe they grow huge amounts of tasty tomatoes, in the solid sludge, from the seeds people swallow!