• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday, ChristineM !

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
my_dad__s_47th_birthday_cake_by_i_luv_bill_kaulitz11.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is nice to see that you got a new cake, even though starting a new thread was too much work:rolleyes:

Happy Birthday Christine!
I always search for an existing thread.
Don't want thread inflation to diminish the value.
Besides, starting a new thread when there's a perfectly good one
already there screams "Hey, look at me! I want all the credit!".

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Thanks everyone...

Its been a good day and this i have to tell you this, i am so proud...

We usually visit a restaurant for birthday meals but for some reason they are all closed. So...

The kids made the meal, practicing their gastronomic delights on lil' ol' me. A couple of the courses were invented by them, kind of worrying...

The amuse bouche bits of cauliflower, tiny strips of celery with a mustard flavoured mayo. Ok so far.

Little one did a delicious oyster mushroom and shallot soup.

Then the main course (cause of much bickering among the twins) was pork with roast and mashed potatoes and a carrot and broccoli mashup??? Hey, it worked.

The real gem was the invention of the twins... The pork that was cut into inch thick slices, each slice oiled and liberally coated in a thick crust of pepper then reconstructed into a joint and tied together. Roasted very slowly for 4 hours. The meat just fell apart, peppery hot pork is bloody delicious.

A salad course, leutice, with a sprinkling of pine nuts and the dressing that i usually make.

Little ones second invention was concoction of banana, yogurt and flaked almonds for desert which tasted much better than it sounds.

A plate of cheese and biscuits with the coffee wound up the meal.

Its not the first meal they have made but it is the first 5 course affair and the first time they have invented... I will remember today with pride for my progeny