• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Birthday America!

Viker

Häxan
245 years of madness and we're still here. :p

Here's to a few more!

783077.jpg

Viker

Häxan
I forgot. Most Americans are passed out drunk or currently hurling invocations to the porcelain god right now. :p

RestlessSoul

Oh yeah, Happy birthday 'Merca. Thanks for the music and the movies, and especially for the Levis.

Oh, and thanks for liberating France and Italy in 1945, I suppose. Try to avoid coming to blows with China though, if you could. And you can have the War on Terror back. Plus the one on drugs, that didn't really work either.

Love yous really. :heart:

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Happy Independence Day to all American RF'ers!!! :clapping:

When Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, there were several versions before the familiar, final one.

However, one line was included in every draft, justly famous world over, because it was held to represent the very basis of the revolution:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men.

May these values continue to burn bright, 245 years later.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Damn colonials. America was more civilised when it was ruled by the Queen and English gentlemen. :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Damn colonials. America was more civilised when it was ruled by the Queen and English gentlemen. :p
Yes, the royals are so exemplary.
4afv2l.jpg

But we've had some good leaders.
And there's no greater vampire hunter than Abe Lincoln.
giphy.gif

R.47bc4faad26ac3f8c863de19a9b29f67

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I celebrate Juneteenth not the 4th. 245 years and still not free, but I will take advantage of the beef ribs that my folks are cooking

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A David Letterman Top 10 List...

Top 10 Reasons the British Lost the Colonies - June 29, 1990
10. Hard to shoot straight with sissified powdered wigs falling in your eyes.
9. Wanted to just lose New Jersey, but got carried away.
8. Colonists on steroids.
7. Spent too much time guessing who's gay in royal family.
6. Their diet: tea and crumpets. Our diet: raw squirrel meat and whiskey.
5. Serious problems with snuff abuse.
4. Lots of painful poking accidents trying to put on those pointy hats of theirs.
3. We had Batman.
2. Wanted to get first draft choice.
1. Uninspiring battle cry: "Let's win this for our swishy inbred monarch!"