• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happiness, Purpose, or Humor?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If you had to pick between one of these three options, which would you pick and why?

Happiness in life.

Purpose or meaning in life.

An unsinkable sense of humor.

Note: One option might or might not lead to the others.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Humor.It's the only thing I got.(What am I still doing up it's almost 10:00pm...)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
If you had to pick between one of these three options, which would you pick and why?

Happiness in life.

I cannot imagine happiness in life without an unsinkable sense of humor, nor the reverse. Purpose or meaning in life I can imagine without either, but I'd much prefer the state of having purpose or meaning in life, plus an unsinkable sense of humor, which would lead to great happiness...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Happiness in life.

Definitely humor. Meaning second (but I can't separate that from humor). Happiness? I never thought about that.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Happiness in life.

Happiness. If we are not happy in this day, what day are we waiting for?

I could have profound knowledge about the meaning of life, but if I'm depressed what good does it do?

Same deal with humour. An sinkable sense of humour apparently didn't ward off profound depression for Robin Williams.

Workman

UNIQUE

Happiness in life.

I will take happiness in life,
Then life will give back happiness to its meaning for purpose,
Purposely being unsinkable,
With GREAT sense of humor.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Happiness in life.

Happiness in life. No matter what happens I'll be able to be happy, which would require a healthy sense of humour.
To find purpose requires a healthy amount of happiness and humour, IMO

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
The middle one because from some sense of knowing who/how/where you are creates some level of what may be termed "happiness" and allows for humor to grow as a result.

JJ50

I hope my life is meaningful and purposeful. I am far from perfect, but I do try to help others when I can.

Jumi

Purpose, because you get more of the other two for free when you have it. I'd put happiness second, but can you really be happy without having some humor too?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Happiness in life.

I can't pick one because they're all interconnected. This, to me, is akin to asking me if I had to pick either the brain, the heart, or the lungs, which one would I pick. None of these can survive in the absence of the two others.