• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Hanuman".....??????????

chinu

chinu

Like other imaginery concepts : Spider-Man, Cat-Women or Bat-Man, Similarly in Hindu-ism is it Respect-full, or Respect-less to call "Hanuman" as "Monkey-Man" ?

_/\_
Chinu

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Generally, I expect that people would feel it is disrespectful as he is an eternal associate of the Lord.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
:) What about you, what do you..u feel madhuri ji ?

_/\_
Chinu

It takes a lot to offend me :D

If it is said in jest or the intention is not malicious, then I do not mind. But if a person says this with the intention of being offensive or disrespectful, then I will simply think him/her to be someone not worth my time and energy.

chinu

chinu
It takes a lot to offend me :D

If it is said in jest or the intention is not malicious, then I do not mind. But if a person says this with the intention of being offensive or disrespectful, then I will simply think him/her to be someone not worth my time and energy.
Madhuri, Your way of answering is similar to somebody on this forum, i don't know who :)

Anyhow i like it, can you tell me madhuri ji, who is thatbody.:)

_/\_
Chinu

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Hanuman isn't an imaginary concept.

I'm not offended or anything, but come on.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Hanuman isn't an imaginary concept.

I'm not offended or anything, but come on.

Namaste,

Exactly. Hindus are way too kind to not allow these types of threads.

Calling Lord Shri Hanuman "imaginary"? Not cool, Chinu.

M.V.

Last edited:

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Pawansut Hanuman Ki Jai!
vdR2j0m.jpg

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
A Mahadeva as in Buddhism?

A Mahadeva, like a great god, is what it literally means. I have no idea how Buddhism sees it (I don't know that much about Buddhism). Shiva and Ganesha are called Mahadevas, for intance.

Philomath

Sadhaka
A Mahadeva, like a great god, is what it literally means. I have no idea how Buddhism sees it (I don't know that much about Buddhism). Shiva and Ganesha are called Mahadevas, for intance.

Oh....ok. So do you believe he actually existed?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Oh....ok. So do you believe he actually existed?

I don't. I believe Hanuman represents the force that moves things, including an individual's awareness. So to me he's metaphorical. This is a new stone carving. I believe He exists, but He's energy.
images

Last edited:

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Of course Hanuman exists. I see him soaring through the skies whenever I go for walks. I call his name and I feel his presence.