• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hands up who believes in the Trinity!

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
ThisShouldMakeSense said:
Revelation 3:14 (English Standard Version)

"And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: 'The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.

Bob's your uncle.:) the first thing he created it says...ie firstborn...as in the first born in a family...ie Son of God....
Also, remeber the plagues on the egytians? the firstborn's died. that is the eldest child in the family...

the faithful and true witness the begining of Gods new creation can also read the ruler or the source..And since in the begining, the WORD JESUS was the source of all creation...Think about it... The Bible just does not say the First thing God created was Jesus..what the Bible DOES say is that NOTHING WAS CREATED UNTIL JESUS CREATED IT..NOTHING MEANS NOTHING...To say Jesus created ALL OTHER THINGS is nothing more than an insertion added by the WT to take away the diety of Christ Jesus....Would an angel create ALL THINGS for Himself...

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
glasgowchick said:
the faithful and true witness the begining of Gods new creation can also read the ruler or the source..And since in the begining, the WORD JESUS was the source of all creation...Think about it... The Bible just does not say the First thing God created was Jesus..what the Bible DOES say is that NOTHING WAS CREATED UNTIL JESUS CREATED IT..NOTHING MEANS NOTHING...To say Jesus created ALL OTHER THINGS is nothing more than an insertion added by the WT to take away the diety of Christ Jesus....Would an angel create ALL THINGS for Himself...

Also Eph 3:9 says that it God who Created " All Things"...

Isa 44 :24 This is what the LORD says your redeemer and creator
I am the Lord who made all things..I ALONE stretched out the heavens
" WHO WAS WITH ME WHEN I made the Earth..This does not allow for a junior partner in Creation .

Isa 48:13 It was my hand that laid the foundations of the Earth, My right hand spread out the heavens above when I call out the stars they all appear in order..

Hebrew 3:4 For every house has a builder but the one who built everything is GOD..

chuck010342

Hi, i'm back in now, so here goes..
welcome back

On your scripture "Before Abraham was I am".

As glascowchick already pointed out, some other translations put the text more in harmony with the context. ie, like this:
Jesus answered, "The truth is, I existed before Abraham was even born!"

also: ‘Jesus answered, `I tell you the truth. I already was before Abraham was born.'
So, you see, as i've said before, it's very important to consider the context surrounding certain verses.

very important.

my response to this part is here :

Hello Glasgowchick, The NWT is what the JW's use for their bible translation. The Greek says the same thing. the definition of " I am" is to be, to exist, to happen, to be present, according to my Greek lexicon.

the passage in question could read

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I was.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I exist

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I happen

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am present

Now you have to remeber that Jesus was speaking to a Jewish audience, some greeks would of been at the temple when Jesus said this. Now accordign to the Jewish mindset the words "I AM" means only one thing. The name of God

Exodus 3:14
God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

Moses asked God what is your name? God said I AM WHO I AM "I am has sent me to you" According to the jews the name for God is I AM.

Abraham is seen as the father of the jewish nation. so who exsisted before Abraham? God did and Jesus is reffering to God by said "I am"

Now to the next scripture quoted
"I and the father are one"

Once again, context! Is it in harmony with other scriptures? For instance at John 17:21, 22, Jesus prayed regarding his followers: ‘My prayer for all of them is that they will be one, just as you and I are one, Father--that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me.
What does that say to you? And the next verse says "I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are'

Just as the father is united with the son. The church should be united in fellowship.

and now finally 'Nobody gets thru the father execpt thru me' John 14:6

This reminds me of what Jesus said on the sermon on the mount. Jesus compares the way to life to a road that a person enters through a gate. He said it wouldn't be easy: ‘Enter in through the narrow gate, for wide the gate and broad the way that leads to destruction, and many are they who enter in through it.
For narrow the gate and straitened the way that leads to life, and they are few who find it.' Mathew 7:13,14
Do you see what he's saying? there is only one road, or way, leading to life and that it will require careful attention on our part to avoid straying from that way to life? So then what is this only way to everlasting life?

Well, Jesus has an important role in connection to that way.
Paul said: "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23) Jesus showed that the only way to everlasting life is through him, so in that sense he could say: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’

So it's very important that we accept Jesus’ role in making everlasting life possible.

I don't see how this is relevant to the trinity.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Thats right the Jews did
and what was it that Jesus said again for them to think this way, Jesus must have said something, something that was worth stoning him for..
I used it cos he said he is Gods Son
Yes and he is Gods Son.
being a slave of someone isn't the same as worshiping them
Im not Talking about worshiping, Im talking about making ourseleves a slave to anything but The one True God.In Romans 1:1 Its says Paul a bondservant of Christ Jesus called as an Apostle set apart for The Gospel Of GOD. The word "bondservant" literally means "Slave" and to be a slave of Christ Jesus means we serve him whole heartedly..So who do these apostles slave after or serve, Jesus or Jehovah.We can't serve two masters.. wether it be Jesus and Jehovah, money or whatever..And just for the record Romans 1:1 says Paul a bondservant of Christ Jesus called to be an Apostle set apart for the GOSPEL OF GOD BUT in verse 9 it says For God whom I serve in my Spirit in the preaching of the Gospel of HIS SON is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention of you.. I see we have a Gospel of God and a Gospel of his Son? would you explain that verse for me...
Nope, as i was simply using your logic.

which says: 8Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." mmm...yes, i can see how he's saying he's God :bonk:

That's right, the Jew's did....

I used it cos he says he is God's Son. if you said, 'i am my mother's daughter', will any one ever, ever, ever, who is not crazy, think that you are your mum!?!?!?

mmmm....that's why he said 'I am Gos'd Son' then....

Being a slave of someone isn't the same of worshipping them, i think you'll find. Don't forget too, that it was Jesus, who was called the faithful witness. He wittnesed about Jehovah. He said he has made Jehovah's name manifest to them. He asked in the Lord's prayer that his father's name, Jehovah, be hallowed, or sanctified or set above all others. So as Jehovah's witness, he instructed his diciples to continue to walk in his footsteps and continue to preach to the nations about his father's kingdom in which he will rule at the right side of God.

may

Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he(Jesus) must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. 26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. 27 For [God] "subjected all things under his feet." But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him.28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone(1 corinthians 15; 24-28)...............yes it looks to me as thou Jesus is subject to his father ,only mentions God and Jesus no third part of the trinity.

(John 3:35) The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand.

(John 14:28) YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.............we must look to the bible as a whole , there is no mistake about it ,jesus is subject to his Father the bible tells us so.
This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. (john 17;3)yes the trinity is falsely called knowledge

(1 Timothy 6:20) O Timothy, guard what is laid up in trust with you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called "knowledge."

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Which trinity? Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva? Maiden, Mother, Crone? Buddha, Dharma, Sangha? :p UUs have a trinity too, but it's too secular/uninspired for me to be able to remember what it is.

Yes, yes, of course you mean the Christian trinity - the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. While I personally do not believe in the trinity - mainly because I don't believe that Jesus is uniquely God - I have a new found respect for the concept after hearing it explained by my liberation theology professor.

He states that the Trinity is not meant to be a statement about the nature of God - as if we actually know such things - it is a statement about how Christians as humans understand/relate to God. It is a functional description; not an ontological statement.

Thus, he says that Christians perceive God as love. (This is true - no other religion emphasizes God's love for creation more than Christianity.) For God to truly love us to the fullest extent, to walk with us, to comisserate with us, God must become incarnate. As long as God remains only transcendant, then there is still the possibility of God being closer to us than God is. Hence, the transcendant Father must become the incarnate Son. The Son is the fullest expression of God's love and sympathy for us.

Now, the Son lives and dies and is ressurected. Once the historical incarnation of God is no more, the only way for that incarnated manifestation of God to remain present with us is through the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit, Jesus becomes just another being who lived 2,000 years ago. It doesn't matter if he was God or human if he is no longer a living reality in the Christian heart and in the world. Hence, the Holy Spirit continues to make Christ's living presence real in the world.

Explained this way, the trinity is a beautiful expression of the Christian's understanding of God's love for us. And I like it quite much. Tho I still don't understand why Christ must be the unique and only incarnation of God in this scheme of things. Did God really only love one small group of people living in the Middle East? Wouldn't it make more sense that there have been multiple incarnations of Godliness and that the Holy Spirit acts throughout the entirety of creation, both spatially and temporally?

Scott1

lilithu said:
Tho I still don't understand why Christ must be the unique and only incarnation of God in this scheme of things. Did God really only love one small group of people living in the Middle East? Wouldn't it make more sense that there have been multiple incarnations of Godliness and that the Holy Spirit acts throughout the entirety of creation, both spatially and temporally?
A wonderful post, as usual... but I would like to comment about this last bit...

Christians don't believe that God only loved one small group... God loved the WORLD so much He gave us His son.... I, for one, am not part of a small group in the middle east and yet I believe God loves me.

As for your assertion that it would make more sense that there would be multiple incarnations.... I'd have to say no.... not that I know better or for certain that this is a "factual" statement... but as far as the theology in question, It would make no sense at all to me as a Christian. Christ's sacrafice was a one time thing for all humanity... to a Christian, there is no other need for "another" incarnation of Godliness. Christ accomplished all that is needed for humanity to be one with God.

... that the Holy Spirit is present in other people is another story... we believe that the Spirit guides many people... in history and today--Catholics and non alike... Saints are a prime example of the Holy Spirit working in people and Catholics believe the Holy Spirit guides the pastors of our Church.

Peace,
Scott

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
chuck010342 said:
You hold to the bible + the book of mormon. the bible says " I and the father are one"
Well, guess what? So does the Book of Mormon.

2 Nephi 21:31 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end.

Alma 11:44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

3 Nephi 11:27 And after this manner shall ye baptize in my name; for behold, verily I say unto you, that the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one; and I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one.

Mormon 7:7 And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.

Both the Bible and the Book of Mormon teach that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are "one." It is the 4th and 5th century creeds, however, that attempt to explain the way in which they are "one." The Bible certainly doesn't imply that they are "one" in substance or essence. It does, however, clearly teach that they are "one" in power, glory, mind and will.

God the father is worshipped and God the son is worshipped. It would seem that they are both one in the same.
Perhaps to you. The Bible never says that the Father is also the Son and the Son is also the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost is also the Father. You may say they are "one in the same" if you'd like; the Bible says no such thing.

Kathryn

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
SOGFPP said:
Christians don't believe that God only loved one small group... God loved the WORLD so much He gave us His son.... I, for one, am not part of a small group in the middle east and yet I believe God loves me.
Hi Scott, namaste,

I understand and respect your beliefs here. My professor has said the same thing, and I appreciate how important the unique incarnation of Christ is to the Christian tradition.

However, as someone who's family hails from China, and who has aunts and uncles who are Buddhists and Taoists and Confucianists, I know that one's religious beliefs are largely influenced by the culture in which one was raised. The Son may have incarnated for the whole world, but most of the world did not hear about it until much later. And even when they did, their cultures made it more likely that they would follow their own religions.

One can argue that the Holy Spirit makes it possible for people to come to Christ regardless of their backgrounds. But it is still undeniable that there is a cultural bias as to who is Christian and who is Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist, etc. I just can't believe that a God who loves humanity would make it so that it is easier for one group to be saved over another, based on nothing more than the accident of where and when one was born.

One can also argue, as many thoughtful Christians do, that non-Christians (who are deserving) are still saved, by some mysterious means thru Christ, even tho they don't believe in Christ. I appreciate the love that is expressed in that belief, but it still does strike me as a bit patronizing. I suppose it's alright for a Christian to believe that her Hindu friend is really an "anonymous Christian"; he just doesn't realize it, as long it's ok with the Christian that her friend thinks she's really a Hindu; she just doesn't realize it.

Personally, I believe in the salvific power of the Spirit acting in all of creation. If Christians better understand God's love thru Christ, that's wonderful. Honestly. But I also believe that my 70 year old aunt is doing just fine by reflecting on Kwan Yin every day instead. As someone who respects both Christians and Buddhists (and others) equally, I believe that the love that my aunt feels from the bodhisattva of compassion is just as valid.

true blood

NetDoc said:
True blood,

We believe that the person who wrote John was the person that Jesus loved because the scriptures tell us so:

John 21:20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?") 21 When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?"

22 Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?" 24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true. NIV

Obviously Lazarus could not testify about Jesus' tears while he was dead, so we KNOW it wasn't him.
I don't buy that. Lazarus was raised from the dead or do you not believe that? And why in the world would Peter spread a rumor that "John" would live forever? There is no reason, but if refering to Lazarus it is logical because Jesus did in fact bring him back to life thus Peter could have been questioning about Lazarus and whether he would be living for ever since Jesus brought him back. Also, never does God's Word state that the disciple "whom Jesus loved" was an apostle; in fact, it refers to him as a "disciple". Surely you know that a person can be a disciple without being an apostle. I just find it odd that trinitarians make such a doctrine out of this "John being the one Jesus loved bit" when the Word never tells us who this disciple was. Whatever makes one happy I guess.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
lilithu said:
Hi Scott, namaste,

I understand and respect your beliefs here. My professor has said the same thing, and I appreciate how important the unique incarnation of Christ is to the Christian tradition.

However, as someone who's family hails from China, and who has aunts and uncles who are Buddhists and Taoists and Confucianists, I know that one's religious beliefs are largely influenced by the culture in which one was raised. The Son may have incarnated for the whole world, but most of the world did not hear about it until much later. And even when they did, their cultures made it more likely that they would follow their own religions.

One can argue that the Holy Spirit makes it possible for people to come to Christ regardless of their backgrounds. But it is still undeniable that there is a cultural bias as to who is Christian and who is Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist, etc. I just can't believe that a God who loves humanity would make it so that it is easier for one group to be saved over another, based on nothing more than the accident of where and when one was born.

One can also argue, as many thoughtful Christians do, that non-Christians (who are deserving) are still saved, by some mysterious means thru Christ, even tho they don't believe in Christ. I appreciate the love that is expressed in that belief, but it still does strike me as a bit patronizing. I suppose it's alright for a Christian to believe that her Hindu friend is really an "anonymous Christian"; he just doesn't realize it, as long it's ok with the Christian that her friend thinks she's really a Hindu; she just doesn't realize it.

Personally, I believe in the salvific power of the Spirit acting in all of creation. If Christians better understand God's love thru Christ, that's wonderful. Honestly. But I also believe that my 70 year old aunt is doing just fine by reflecting on Kwan Yin every day instead. As someone who respects both Christians and Buddhists (and others) equally, I believe that the love that my aunt feels from the bodhisattva of compassion is just as valid.
You have made raised some great points. As I read your post, I was astounded at how perfectly you expressed some of the same things I have tried in the past to express. Since I believe that pretty much everything you have said is valid, I wanted to just expound upon what you have already pointed out. Naturally, as I am LDS, my viewpoint will reflect the Mormon perspective. Hopefully, my comments will not be seen as proselytizing; they are not intended to be.

Although it appears that this conversation has drifted further and further away from the Trinity, I want to pursue a couple of ideas you brought up. The New Testament makes it pretty clear that salvation is through Jesus Christ and Him alone. It speaks time and time again of the need to believe in Christ, to have faith in the power of His atoning sacrifice and and to be obedient to His commandments. On the other hand, it teaches of God's immeasurable love for "the world," and says that He sent His Only Begotten Son to make it possible for all mankind to be reconciled to God. These two teachings really can present a problem for any Christian who seriously stops to consider the fate of the little boy who was raised in a remote village in Africa in the 4th century and practiced the tribal religion of his people, the young girl in 9th century Mongolia, the man or women in 15th century India or, skipping ahead to the present, the kids being indoctrated against Christianity today in many, many countries.

It's easy for us to say that the Holy Ghost could touch each of these individuals and somehow bring them to the knowlege of someone (Jesus Christ) they could not possibly have even heard of or have heard only misleading information about. To me, that idea is just about as naive as they come. There are people all over the world today, as you pointed out, whose cultures realistically get in the way of their converting to Christianity, even if they were so-inclinced. I know a lot of people simply dismiss the dilema by saying something like, "Oh, God will see that they are saved regardless of what they believed. He knows their hearts and will not require the same thing of them as He does of us." Well, to me, that's just plain un-Biblical. Some people have to accept Jesus Christ or be damned for eternity; for others, it doesn't matter in the slightest? I don't buy that.

Most Christians believe that Jesus visited (in spirit form) those who had died prior to His ministry, during the three days His body lay in the tomb. It is also commonly accepted that many of these individuals repented of their sins, acknowledged Him as their Redeemer and were subsequently saved. Why on earth didn't God just handle their situation in the same way He is supposedly going to handle the situations of the millions of Buddhists and Taoists and Confucianists (like your relatives) who are alive today? Well, to me the answer is obvious: He's not going to make the decision for them and say, "Well, had their circumstances been different, had their cultural biases and family backgrounds and a myriad of other things not got in the way, they'd have accepted Jesus Christ. That's sufficient. They're saved along with those who actually made the choice." Instead, He is going to allow them the same opportunity the people Jesus visited had. I believe that, upon death, the spirits of all men and women go to the very same Spirit World Christ visited after His death but prior to His resurrection. There they will await their own resurrections. And there, without unencumbered by all of the things that prohibited a clear understanding of Jesus' gospel here on earth, they will have the opportunity to learn of Him from those who already believe. They will be guided by the Spirit and will actually be able to make a conscious decision on their own as to whether they believe what is being taught to them.

In this way, both halves of the salvation equation are met. God doesn't condemn them to hell simply because they were born in the wrong place at the wrong time, but neither does He make the decision to accept Christ for them. That is why I believe that mortality is nothing more than a speck in the eternities. This life is far too short for one's eternal fate to be determined when there are so many, many factors influencing our decisions and understanding.

Man, I really got carried away. I'm sorry. Brevity has never been one of my talents. I just loved your comments, though, and wanted to respond.

Kathryn

Scott1

lilithu said:
The Son may have incarnated for the whole world, but most of the world did not hear about it until much later. And even when they did, their cultures made it more likely that they would follow their own religions.
I know you made other comments in this thread that deal with this... but I'd like to comment on each point. As far as the above quote, I don't believe that our human knowledge is what saves us... I give that power to Christ...just because someone did not "hear about it" (Christ) does not change the fact that by his death and Resurrection, Jesus Christ has "opened" heaven to all of us.
I just can't believe that a God who loves humanity would make it so that it is easier for one group to be saved over another, based on nothing more than the accident of where and when one was born.
Yes, this is a mystery.... but, I believe that all people have deep within them a conscience... and that it is a law which we have not laid upon ourselves but which we must obey.... a law inscribed by God on our hearts. This conscience calls all mankind to love God (in whatever form they know) and do what is good and to avoid evil. Those who follow this "voice" from God may be saved, Christian or not.... but only because of what Christ did for all.
I'm sorry that you find this thinking to be "a bit patronizing".... I don't see it that way at all. I don't believe that my Hindu friends are "anonymous" Christians, I believe them to be children of the one true God... as I believe for all mankind..... and it matters not to me what a Hindu considers me, just as long as they allow me to worship freely.
Personally, I believe in the salvific power of the Spirit acting in all of creation. If Christians better understand God's love thru Christ, that's wonderful.
This is exactly the point I've been trying to make.....
But I also believe that my 70 year old aunt is doing just fine by reflecting on Kwan Yin every day instead. As someone who respects both Christians and Buddhists (and others) equally, I believe that the love that my aunt feels from the bodhisattva of compassion is just as valid.
For the record ;) I also respect Christians and Buddhists (and others) equally... and as long as your aunt seeks God sincerely and strives to fulfill his will (do what is good and to avoid evil), I believe she's doing just fine as well....

Scott

Scott1 said:

This conscience calls all mankind to love God (in whatever form they know) and do what is good and to avoid evil. Those who follow this "voice" from God may be saved, Christian or not.... but only because of what Christ did for all.

This is exactly the point I've been trying to make.....
For the record ;) I also respect Christians and Buddhists (and others) equally... and as long as your aunt seeks God sincerely and strives to fulfill his will (do what is good and to avoid evil), I believe she's doing just fine as well....
Scott
pardone on the ignorante :D
Is this position a personal one of one supported by the RCC, or all churches for that matter?

true blood

NetDoc said:
So True Blood,

do you contend that the Book of John should be the Book of Lazarus?
Perhaps, but I don't think any of the "Books" had titles. These were later added by scribes. I think we'd both contend for the prophecy of the scripture came not at any time by the will of men. I must say I do find a "trinity" in the bible but its an evil one spoken of in Revelations. The Dragon, The Beast, and the False Prophet. Do these correspond with the trinity figures the trinitarians preach? Yes they do. They could be the same imo, we just don't fully know yet until the prophecy fullfills it's time. Seriously though, something is amiss when the "worlds" theologians practice a type of categorization separating the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, and Luke as "synoptic Gospels". They have purposely made a contrast to the Gospel of John. I see this as a way for them to use this to accentuate alleged discrepancies between the other three and on top of that, to group them in this fashion is a tool to support their(theologians) theories, for instance, the "trinity".

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
So True Blood,

You are equating God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit with The Dragon, The Beast and the FAlse Prophet? That's quite telling what agenda you are trying to peddle.

Dreamwolf

Blissful Insomniac
I do believe in the trinity yes but, in the pagan celtic since. I could try to explain it but I think it would get lost in translation. but if someone wants me to I will try.

true blood

NetDoc said:
So True Blood,

You are equating God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit with The Dragon, The Beast and the FAlse Prophet? That's quite telling what agenda you are trying to peddle.
I read books and draw conclusions. I have no agenda that I'm trying to "peddle". It is evident in revelations that there is an explanation of a type of "satanic trinity". A "holy" trinity isn't so clear in scripture compared to the "satanic trinity". Are they one and the same? If anyone has an agenda it would be satan and I can see him using the "trinity" concept to deceive men. In revelations the forces of evil are in fact represented as triune. The Dragon, or Satan corresponding to God the Father, The Beast corresponds to Jesus Christ the King of Kings, and the False Prophet corresponding to the Holy Spirit. The False Prophet is said to cause men to worship the Beast and the Dragon. Proceeding from this evil trinity, the demons go forth, supporting their work with miracles, and these miracles will deceive the kings of the earth with the prospect of gaining world power. Many parallels exist between the trinity teachings and the evil trinity spoken of in Revelations.