• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hands of Ascendancy and Might

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
“The day is approaching when God will have, by an act of His Will, raised up a race of men the nature of which is inscrutable to all save God, the All-Powerful, the Self-Subsisting.” “He will, erelong, out of the Bosom of Power, draw forth the Hands of Ascendancy and Might––Hands who will arise to win victory for this Youth, and who will purge mankind from the defilement of the outcast and the ungodly. These Hands will gird up their loins to champion the Faith of God, and will, in My name, the Self-Subsistent, the Mighty, subdue the peoples and kindreds of
the earth. They will enter the cities, and will inspire with fear the hearts of all their inhabitants.
Such are the evidences of the might of God; how fearful, how vehement is His might!”
(Bahá’u’lláh cited in The Advent of Divine Justice, p. 85)

This is an interesting passage. Hands of the Cause were appointed.

Hands of the Cause of God

They have now all passed on.

How do you see this passage, did they win the victory?

Can this passage be seen in another light?

Regards Tony

InvestigateTruth

“The day is approaching when God will have, by an act of His Will, raised up a race of men the nature of which is inscrutable to all save God, the All-Powerful, the Self-Subsisting.” “He will, erelong, out of the Bosom of Power, draw forth the Hands of Ascendancy and Might––Hands who will arise to win victory for this Youth, and who will purge mankind from the defilement of the outcast and the ungodly. These Hands will gird up their loins to champion the Faith of God, and will, in My name, the Self-Subsistent, the Mighty, subdue the peoples and kindreds of
the earth. They will enter the cities, and will inspire with fear the hearts of all their inhabitants.
Such are the evidences of the might of God; how fearful, how vehement is His might!”
(Bahá’u’lláh cited in The Advent of Divine Justice, p. 85)

This is an interesting passage. Hands of the Cause were appointed.

They have now all passed on.

How do you see this passage, did they win the victory?

Can this passage be seen in another light?

Regards Tony
I don't know how Shoghi Effendi or Abdulbaha explained this passage.
I don't know how it is fulfilled though. Maybe there will be more hands in future?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe the phrase refers to those of us who have through the guidance of Baha'u'llah's Revelation have become sanctified above earthly limits, and will arise to champion the cause of God. Abdu'l-Baha was the first. The hands of cause certainly embodied great virtue and aided greatly the progress of the cause. The institution of the counsellors took over from the Hands of the Cause. To what extent this institution contributes to championing the cause of God in each of our localities remains an open question. Their contribution is critical to the success of our current plan.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know how it is fulfilled though. Maybe there will be more hands in future?

Yes, hard to know. As we do now know, it is not possible for more hands to be appointed. We now have the Continental Board of Councellors.

The future may be able to look back and see it in a different way.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe the phrase refers to those of us who have through the guidance of Baha'u'llah's Revelation have become sanctified above earthly limits, and will arise to champion the cause of God. Abdu'l-Baha was the first. The hands of cause certainly embodied great virtue and aided greatly the progress of the cause. The institution of the counsellors took over from the Hands of the Cause. To what extent this institution contributes to championing the cause of God in each of our localities remains an open question. Their contribution is critical to the success of our current plan.

There is indeed many wonderful souls giving their all, all around the world.

It is most likely a good way to look at that passage, as the more we give a hand to the cause, the more we are a handy person to have around. :)

Regards Tony

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Nope. No more Hands. They would have to appointed by a Guardian, and there are no more Guardians.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wonder if this can be seen as a prophecy. A transitional phase of the Faith from 1957 to 63.

Just a thought.

Regards Tony