• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween in The Northwest

Lightkeeper

In other parts of the country churches are banning Halloween. Here in the Seattle area the Wiccans are trying to ban Halloween from schools, because the witch part offends Wiccans. It is interesting how different parts of the country have different experiences. What do you think of this? Will we have men with white beards trying to ban Christmas, because Santa offends them? What's next?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
That is positively the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. No words even come to mind. If it offends them so much they need to pull that stick out of their butt and realize nobody but themselves put it there.

Adie

Things like this just make me sad... Maybe because my birthday is on Halloween, and I don't like to see it banned anywhere ( ;

Really though, people can be so sensitive. It's just a fun loving holiday where children dress up and get candy (in the non-Pagan sort of way, anyhow). Children have too many reasons to grow up too fast now as it is- why would we want to take away something so frivilous as putting on a costume and asking for candy? I'd rather have children wandering the streets dressed as ghosts and princesses with their pillowcases full of bubble gum than wandering the streets with their pockets full of X.