• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

halal vs zubiha

Tamar

I am Jewish.
I have a question for you all.

What is the difference between halal and zubihah? I was told that halal anything but pork and zubihah is killed Islamically.

Is there more to it then that?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Hi Tamar,

The word "Halal"is an arabic word which means (allowed, unprohibited, lawful, permissible..). When we say "Halal food" we mean the food that doesn't contain alcohol, pork or meat that is not slaughtered in an Islamic way.
The word "Zabihah" or "Dhabihah" is an arabic word which means "Sacrifice"or "carcass". When you hear people talk about Zabihah they mean the Islamic method or ritual of slaughtering the animal.

muslim-

Hi Tamar,

The word "Halal"is an arabic word which means (allowed, unprohibited, lawful, permissible..). When we say "Halal food" we mean the food that doesn't contain alcohol, pork or meat that is not slaughtered in an Islamic way.
The word "Zabihah" or "Dhabihah" is an arabic word which means "Sacrifice"or "carcass". When you hear people talk about Zabihah they mean the Islamic method or ritual of slaughtering the animal.

What she said.

For instance animals electrified to death arent to be eaten. They are considered "Maytah" , or dead animals, and eating the meat of something dead isnt allowed, except in the case of fish for instance, as there is no slaughtering.

So for the animal to be "kosher" or halal, it has to be a Dhabihah.

And there is more to it, yes. It should be slaughtered by a Muslim, or someone from the people of the book. (Jews or Christians).