• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Haitian Gang Kidnaps American Missionary Group

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
A Haitian gang has kidnapped a group of American missionaries from a group called Christian Aid Ministries.

US, Haiti seek release of 17 missionaries snatched by gang

Apparently the Mawozo gang controls this particular area of the country and has kidnapped a number of others for ransom before, including a group of priests and nuns.

I hope US authorities can negotiate safe release of the hostages soon.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
A Haitian gang has kidnapped a group of American missionaries from a group called Christian Aid Ministries.

US, Haiti seek release of 17 missionaries snatched by gang

Apparently the Mawozo gang controls this particular area of the country and has kidnapped a number of others for ransom before, including a group of priests and nuns.

I hope US authorities can negotiate safe release of the hostages soon.
Does the US negotiate with stuff like this? I'm not sure if the UK does.

PureX

Veteran Member
I think the U.S. government likes to claim it doesn't negotiate with kidnappers, but the various business and religious groups these people are involved with, do.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
While I hope for their safety, one has to point out they are the ones who put themselves in danger in the first place.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Does the US negotiate with stuff like this? I'm not sure if the UK does.
Yes, but supposedly no ransom monies can be paid. However, notice I said "supposedly".

BTW, this group was warned that this could happen, and yet they brought children with them??? Well, nevertheless, I do hope and pray they come out safely.