• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hair cuts?

Riders

Seeing that so many of us are living in cities where the salons are closed down, what are we doing for hair cuts? Men? Are we growing our hair out long like hippies?

What about buying a professional electric pair of clippers? If you putt he right plastic cutter on it that makes it shave a certain length off, you can fix it and give yourself a military cut, use the plastic shield and shave your head get a military cut?

I use to have a cosmetology license and I would not dare try to cut my hair. I keep it in a nice shoulder-length bob cut so it's getting too long, but I'm letting it grow out. What about letting a family member cut it?

What about those of us who have colored or bleached hair? Our roots should be growing out by now?

If I get bored I might color my hair at home, something I can do.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Seeing that so many of us are living in cities where the salons are closed down, what are we doing for hair cuts? Men? Are we growing our hair out long like hippies?

What about buying a professional electric pair of clippers? If you putt he right plastic cutter on it that makes it shave a certain length off, you can fix it and give yourself a military cut, use the plastic shield and shave your head get a military cut?

I use to have a cosmetology license and I would not dare try to cut my hair. I keep it in a nice shoulder-length bob cut so it's getting too long, but I'm letting it grow out. What about letting a family member cut it?

What about those of us who have colored or bleached hair? Our roots should be growing out by now?

I lived in a very remote part of Papua New Guinea in my early twenties. No hairdressers so all the men took to shaving each other's heads.

I've more or less done so ever since, with the main variable being how fluffy I let it get between cuts.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hippies were ahead of the curve.

I used to look like a roadie for Motorhead. These days I have regularly cut short hair. Or I did - now I look like Worzel Gummidge after just getting out of bed. And not in a good way.

Eventually, I'll look like a roadie again.

8A10B7A5-8282-4CBC-9BE1-5099630FA3BE.jpeg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
My wife is letting her hair grow long, but she is cutting her fringe herself....... won't let me near the scissors!

Me? I always did clip my hair very short, but now I'm letting it grow longer and hope to have a Boris Haystack in about another 6 weeks...... can't wait.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I cut my husband's hair on the balcony last week. I didn't have clippers so it's not the neatest job in the world, but it was fun and he gets to try a new style.
Mine is fine long. I just put it up when it gets in the way.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hubby and i had our usual 6 week appointment at the coiffeur the weekend after the coronavirus restrictions were imposed. So it didn't happen and hubby has taken to letting it grow, this week he has started parting it in the middle, i think it too short and looks weird, kind if like when i first met him without the length. He says its more comfortable and manageable like that.

I have cut the fringe but am leaving the rest, tieing it in a pony tail. I have it dyed to what was my natural colour but grey roots are showing, luckily the natural colour was a mousy blond so the grey is not to noticeable. Otherwise a home root colour kit would be needed.

The French President has said the restrictions would begin to be eased on 11 may. Hopefully our coiffeur will be opening soon after.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I cut my husband's hair on the balcony last week. I didn't have clippers so it's not the neatest job in the world, but it was fun and he gets to try a new style.
Mine is fine long. I just put it up when it gets in the way.

I told my wife I wanted #5 length clipper on the back and sides, and blended with a longer top and the back squared off.

...She did that fine, but when using scissors on the top, she couldn't figure out how to hold the hair, the scissors, and the comb all at the same time with only two hands.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I shave my head, but I have a full beard I get trimmed and styled every four weeks or so. If necessary I trim the stray hairs with the clippers, but I see it creeping longer, as I do occasionally.

Shad

Veteran Member
Seeing that so many of us are living in cities where the salons are closed down, what are we doing for hair cuts? Men?

Are we growing our hair out long like hippies?

I use an extended attachment for my shaver as per your clipper point. 1 in. on top. .5 in on the sides and back. I ask the wife to check the hairlines behind the hears, back of my head and neck. I do not dye my hair

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I put my hair in a loose ponytail on top of my head, and then lop off the hair at the rubber band. It's all nicely feathered. Saves me bundles. I did this before coronavirus!