• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hail To The God Of Suffering

dave_

Why can't we live our deepest desires?Why can't we follow our urges to do great things in this world?Why are we trying so hard to get enlightened?Because we are afraid of suffering either in this world or in the other.Suffering alone controlls the lives of billions of people.

So the greatest god of whom favour we shoud seek is the god of suffering.Because only the god of suffering is able to grant us our wishes.Other gods are false.They try to inhibit and enslave us.But by the favour of god of suffering we shall not bend before false gods.

Can you prove otherwise?

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Why can't we live our deepest desires?Why can't we follow our urges to do great things in this world?Why are we trying so hard to get enlightened?Because we are afraid of suffering either in this world or in the other.Suffering alone controlls the lives of billions of people.

So the greatest god of whom favour we shoud seek is the god of suffering.Because only the god of suffering is able to grant us our wishes.Other gods are false.They try to inhibit and enslave us.But by the favour of god of suffering we shall not bend before false gods.

Can you prove otherwise?
Well start with proving your own claim there ok?

dave_

Well start with proving your own claim there ok?

If we aren't afraid of pain accept it then we can do whatever we want to do.We can reach our true potential by not bending our knees to anyone or anything.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
If we aren't afraid of pain accept it then we can do whatever we want to do.We can reach our true potential by not bending our knees to anyone or anything.
Sure, what's to stop you anyway? Why not just not believe in god, rather than believe in a god of suffering?

dave_

Sure, what's to stop you anyway? Why not just not believe in god, rather than believe in a god of suffering?

Doing that would be underestimating suffering.Becase it is the most importing thing that determines our lives and it is real.

dave_

Prove it.

I don't exactly believe in suffering as a supernatural entitiy.I believe it as it is.Getting hurt would prove its existence.

Edit:though it isn't simply a natural phenomena.It plays a big role in our psyche.

Deidre

Just curious...What would the 'reward' be for following said God? Also, do you believe in redemptive suffering? (years as a Catholic, sorry lol)

Interesting topic you've started :)

Flankerl

Meh there has already been a Comic with your God for quite some time.

You are late to the party.

ofuynb8u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dave_

Just curious...What would the 'reward' be for following said God? Also, do you believe in redemptive suffering? (years as a Catholic, sorry lol)

Interesting topic you've started :)

dave_

Meh there has already been a Comic with your God for quite some time.

You are late to the party.

ofuynb8u.jpg

Heheh.I am talking about a troll god.I am talking about pain as it exists in our everyday life.Not an otherworldly god.

dave_

Couldn't you just as easily say that pursuit of pleasure controls the lives of billions?

Pleasure is the ultimate prize but we cannot do what we want because of fear of suffering.This is what makes the god of suffering important.

Salek Atesh

I don't think suffering is a thing. That is, a real, tangible thing. It's illusory at best.

There's probably some benefit to believing in it, but I'd prefer to look past the false dichotomy of suffering and pleasure. It seems better to me without those imagined things.

Do you have any evidence that suffering exists?? I'm at this point quite unconvinced that it is real.

dave_

I don't think suffering is a thing. That is, a real, tangible thing. It's illusory at best.

There's probably some benefit to believing in it, but I'd prefer to look past the false dichotomy of suffering and pleasure. It seems better to me without those imagined things.

Do you have any evidence that suffering exists?? I'm at this point quite unconvinced that it is real.

It's easy to prove it is tangible.Right now if punch a wall hard you will feel it.What's your proof that it is illusory?

Salek Atesh

It's easy to prove it is tangible.Right now if punch a wall hard you will feel it.What's your proof that it is illusory?
There's a physical sensation here, but I am not suffering, nor does it affect me negatively. If I can simply choose not let it affect me, then how is it not illusory??

JRMcC

Pleasure is the ultimate prize but we cannot do what we want because of fear of suffering.This is what makes the god of suffering important.
I suppose I agree that the so called God of suffering is important. But supreme? It's not true that we can never do what we want because of fear of suffering. It is true that we often miss out on good things and/or suffer when we act out of fear, but that doesn't have to happen all the time.

And I would like to add that sometimes attainment of pleasure can lead to suffering. I just don't understand how suffering really controls everything in the way you're saying in does.