• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ha‘almah harah: "a young woman is pregnant"

sincerly

You still can't answer a direct question, can you?

Gnostic, from post #1115,
The "If --then", "thou shalt not--in the day" is as much prophetic as "this is prophetic", etc.

I have given honest answers without evasions and as timely as my time table allowed. I'm not subject to your whims/opinions, but I am subject to the Creator GOD."

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Nor do I see that your "answers/opinions/claims" concerning GOD'S inspired Scriptures are "much of an aswer".
At best, people said the "Scriptures" are inspired by God. But, people wrote them. Did people make any mistakes? There are apparent contradictions within the NT. Christians can try and explain them away all they want, but because they are there, it seems like people wrote the NT and made mistakes. But we all make mistakes. Don't you feel inspired of God, and when you speak or write things down, don't you make some mistakes? Why not the gospel writers? God didn't dictate the story to them. Jesus didn't edit it. They were going off of what people heard and said about Jesus. A few mistakes, a few contradictions between different writers would be expected. But I know some Christians need the NT to be the "perfect", "inerrant" Word of God, in spite of "apparent" contradictions and errors.

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly
Nor do I see that your "answers/opinions/claims" concerning GOD'S inspired Scriptures are "much of an answer".

At best, people said the "Scriptures" are inspired by God. But, people wrote them. Did people make any mistakes? There are apparent contradictions within the NT. Christians can try and explain them away all they want, but because they are there, it seems like people wrote the NT and made mistakes. But we all make mistakes. Don't you feel inspired of God, and when you speak or write things down, don't you make some mistakes? Why not the gospel writers? God didn't dictate the story to them. Jesus didn't edit it. They were going off of what people heard and said about Jesus. A few mistakes, a few contradictions between different writers would be expected. But I know some Christians need the NT to be the "perfect", "inerrant" Word of God, in spite of "apparent" contradictions and errors.

Hi CG D, It was 2 Pet.1:21 which said, "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. That is the Prophets which the Jews looked to for the truth of HIS Word. Did they listen to the Prophets or "kill them"? For the most part the writings/ recorded history is only a "remnant" Believed and the majority had a running relationship with the "gods" of the surrounding nations--that is why the "prophets" were sent to them with the message to repent and return. GOD didn't send wrong messages and HIS Prophets didn't give contradictory
messages. It was "false prophets" who gave the false messages which the people were deluded concerning. Their ears heard what they choose to believe---just as today. It is people who make the mistakes/misinterpretations/wrong assumptions etc. GOD'S Principles remain intact and valid.

CG D, Jesus quoted from those "Prophets" and named them--Those messages were still the same messages for which Jesus was giving and the authority by which the "prophet" said he spoke was the Creator GOD of all things.---"Thus saith the LORD".