• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

H2O2, hydrogen peroxide = Cheap and safe alternative to kill corona in your house

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
NOTE: soap + water + good 20 seconds wash, should kill the corona on your hands (you got by touching stuff)
NOTE: Never touch your face with corona infected fingers (mouth, nose, eyes are the entrance for corona)
NOTE: Beware eating outside, as you never know if those serving you, have clean fingers and utensils
NOTE: Beware eating outside, as you never wash your hands as good as in your own house probably

Disclaimer: I think below info is good and handy to know. I am not an expert. But I am 99% sure below info is correct, but always check for yourself (we are all responsible for our own actions), and if you find additional info, please share with us. I also gave a contact form, where you can double check yourself in case you still doubt the info.

Cheap and safe alternative to kill corona in your house. It's called H2O2 (0.5% hydrogen peroxide will do the trick). They usually sell it in 3% solution, but below website (and others) claim that 0.5% solution is enough to kill corona

A very cheap alternative for the expensive corona kill liquids (in Holland the supermarkets sell sodium chlorite for 1Liter/11euro). This H2O2 is very cheap. I have 500mL 35% solution, just a few euros. And you only need 0.5% solution, so I can make 70Liters of it for just a few euros.

Normally it sells with 3% solution. IF others read, that other concentration is needed to kill corona, then please share the link. We don't want false information on RF.

BUT the link with the screenshots below, seem legitimate American websites to me, so I trust this info. And I checked like 5 other websites and all stated that 0.5% solution is sufficient to kill corona virus when cleaning the surface like 1min (concentration will go down from 1 million particles of virus to 100 particles of virus, which is diluted enough to be safe they say:)

And if you still are in doubt, below is a contact form, you can ask them yourself (the scientists)
Contact Us about Pesticide Registration | US EPA
List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 | US EPA

Also note that corona can even stay alive for 9 days on certain surfaces (latest on RF I saw was 7 days, so here they say it's 9 days). And if the Chinese told the truth, then this China-corona virus might be a veterinary virus (it first was on animals in Wuhan), so that might indicate it's veterin virus. IF true then, according to this article (see second picture) below, it might stay alive for even 28 days:oops:
Question (just want to have my facts straight): IF animal has corona (like in Wuhan), I guess it is called "veterin" virus. When it jumps onto a human, does it then imediately change from "veterin" virus into "not veterin" virus? I would not think so, but then again, I an not an expert.

Below text comes from below link.
https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext

0.5%H2O2_ToKillCoronaVirus.jpg

Below they say that veterinary coronaviruses even can persist for 28 days, alas.
And if the Chinese told the truth, then this China-corona virus might be a veterinary virus, don't you think, as it came from animals.

Corona9days_VeterinCorona28days.jpg

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Additional info: Hydrogen peroxide is instable. Look at the "best before" label.
Hydrogen peroxide is a bleaching agent. You may want to be cautious with some surfaces.
Hydrogen peroxide decays into water (H2O) and one "free radical" (O-).
Keep away from children.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Disclaimer: I think below info is good and handy to know. I am not an expert. But I am 99% sure below info is correct, but always check for yourself (we are all responsible for our own actions), and if you find additional info, please share with us. I also gave a contact form, where you can double check yourself in case you still doubt the info.

Cheap and safe alternative to kill corona in your house. It's called H2O2 (0.5% hydrogen peroxide will do the trick). They usually sell it in 3% solution, but below website (and others) claim that 0.5% solution is enough to kill corona

A very cheap alternative for the expensive corona kill liquids (in Holland the supermarkets sell sodium chlorite for 1Liter/11euro). This H2O2 is very cheap. I have 500mL 35% solution, just a few euros. And you only need 0.5% solution, so I can make 70Liters of it for just a few euros.

Normally it sells with 3% solution. IF others read, that other concentration is needed to kill corona, then please share the link. We don't want false information on RF.

BUT the link with the screenshots below, seem legitimate American websites to me, so I trust this info. And I checked like 5 other websites and all stated that 0.5% solution is sufficient to kill corona virus when cleaning the surface like 1min (concentration will go down from 1 million particles of virus to 100 particles of virus, which is diluted enough to be safe they say:)

And if you still are in doubt, below is a contact form, you can ask them yourself (the scientists)

Also note that corona can even stay alive for 9 days on certain surfaces (latest on RF I saw was 7 days, so here they say it's 9 days). And if the Chinese told the truth, then this China-corona virus might be a veterinary virus (it first was on animals in Wuhan), so that might indicate it's veterin virus. IF true then, according to this article (see second picture) below, it might stay alive for even 28 days:oops:
Question (just want to have my facts straight): IF animal has corona (like in Wuhan), I guess it is called "veterin" virus. When it jumps onto a human, does it then imediately change from "veterin" virus into "not veterin" virus? I would not think so, but then again, I an not an expert.

https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext

View attachment 38278

Below they say that veterinary coronaviruses even can persist for 28 days, alas.
And if the Chinese told the truth, then this China-corona virus might be a veterinary virus, don't you think, as it came from animals.

View attachment 38277
According to these extracts, hypochlorite works just as well and is more readily available, being the main ingredient in most household bleach.

Heyo

Veteran Member
According to these extracts, hypochlorite works just as well and is more readily available, being the main ingredient in most household bleach.
And more dangerous. Hypochlorite can set free chlorine or hydrochlorine gas when mixed with other detergents.

exchemist

Veteran Member
And more dangerous. Hypochlorite can set free chlorine or hydrochlorine gas when mixed with other detergents.
Yes it's never a good idea to mix bleach with other things. But most people don't do that and happily use it all their lives without problems.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 38278

View attachment 38277

Target was all out a few days ago. :facepalm:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 38278

View attachment 38277

To be clear, none of the attached references discussing the length the virus stays alive on a certain surface are references to COVID-19, but rather other coronaviruses.

stvdv

Yes it's never a good idea to mix bleach with other things. But most people don't do that and happily use it all their lives without problems.
And do not use bleech itself, it contains also other ingredients.

exchemist

Veteran Member
And do not use bleech itself, it contains also other ingredients.
Bleach is fine for disinfecting your house from this virus. No need for hydrogen peroxide.

Apart from which, if you buy more than a certain amount of hydrogen peroxide in this country, and you have a beard, you are liable to get a visit from the police, to make sure you are not a jihadi terrorist making a bomb in his bath. (Seriously, we have had someone try to do this.) :D

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe

As said before, hydrogen peroxide is used for bleaching stuff, including hair. I wouldn't apply any ingredient of hair dye to my belongings.

exchemist

Veteran Member
As said before, hydrogen peroxide is used for bleaching stuff, including hair. I wouldn't apply any ingredient of hair dye to my belongings.
Well, bleach is not dye. Most dyes are not disinfectants, but bleaching agents very often are strong antiseptics. Chlorine for instance is used to disinfect swimming pools and hydrogen peroxide is used to disinfect contact lenses, as well as a disinfectant in hospitals (I recall a particularly painful - but effective - experience having a septic blister cleaned with it).

However, bleaches obviously can, er, bleach things, so some care in what you apply them to is only sensible.

stvdv

I have very bad health (kidneys). I tried H2O2, first 1 drop, and every day 1 drop more. At 10 drops my body said "enough is enough" (not sick yet, but I could feel "no, my body does not want it"). So, I agree it is not good/healthy for kidneys. But mine are really bad, and they could handle 10 drops (easily), and it was even 35% concentrated (that means 70 times more concentrated than you need to kill Corona virus

Here we talk about washing your hands with it. Suppose 1% goes into your body through your skin, and you only use like 1 teaspoon, and you only use 0,5% solution. That is about 70 times less concentrated as what I drank. I am 100% sure this will not be a problem for even my kidneys (because I have tested it out).

I never use deodorant on my body, that is even much worse for my kidneys than H2O2

But if my body gets Corona my body will die, and if H2O2 kills Corona I will not die

So, always use common sense before And better to test things out yourself, then you know for sure.

stvdv

Sorry to hear that you are in a difficult health situation. May I ask your age?
56 years.

Thank you. It is not all bad though. I have a Master and He told me "I take fully care of you". I trust my Master, that gives me Peace of Mind at least.

Last edited:

stvdv

Bleach is fine for disinfecting your house from this virus. No need for hydrogen peroxide.

Apart from which, if you buy more than a certain amount of hydrogen peroxide in this country, and you have a beard, you are liable to get a visit from the police, to make sure you are not a jihadi terrorist making a bomb in his bath. (Seriously, we have had someone try to do this.) :D
Yes, that is very true. Bleach is perfectly for in your house. And cheaper and easier to get (normally:D) than H2O2.
I meant, do not use bleach for washing your hands (unless you have nothing else and your hands are infected with corona)

Heyo

Veteran Member
Here we talk about washing your hands with it.
Nope. Not even that. Soap is very effective for that. And don't inhibit H2O2! It is a strong oxidizer and even if it won't kill you instantly, it may cause cancer through the cell damage.
Clean your house with it, especially often touched surfaces. 0.5% solution will not bleach your hand instantly but with stronger solutions use rubber gloves.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have very bad health (kidneys). I tried H2O2, first 1 drop, and every day 1 drop more. At 10 drops my body said "enough is enough" (not sick yet, but I could feel "no, my body does not want it"). So, I agree it is not good/healthy for kidneys. But mine are really bad, and they could handle 10 drops (easily), and it was even 35% concentrated (that means 70 times more concentrated than you need to kill Corona virus

Here we talk about washing your hands with it. Suppose 1% goes into your body through your skin, and you only use like 1 teaspoon, and you only use 0,5% solution. That is about 70 times less concentrated as what I drank. I am 100% sure this will not be a problem for even my kidneys (because I have tested it out).

I never use deodorant on my body, that is even much worse for my kidneys than H2O2

But if my body gets Corona my body will die, and if H2O2 kills Corona I will not die

So, always use common sense before And better to test things out yourself, then you know for sure.
WHAT? You tried to DRINK it? You must be out of your mind.

Get this straight in your head, as a matter of urgency:

1) H2O2 or bleach are for disinfecting household surfaces that could have the virus on them.
2) There is nothing you can drink that will have any effect on viruses in your body.
3) Drinking disinfectant is a good way to do permanent damage to your internal organs. Do NOT do this.

stvdv

Nope. Not even that. Soap is very effective for that. And don't inhibit H2O2! It is a strong oxidizer and even if it won't kill you instantly, it may cause cancer through the cell damage.
Clean your house with it, especially often touched surfaces. 0.5% solution will not bleach your hand instantly but with stronger solutions use rubber gloves.
There is no need to use stronger solution than 0.5% to kill Corona Virus. Why waste chemicals?

Are you saying, that washing your hands with "normal soap" will KILL Corona Virus IF it's on your hands?

exchemist

Veteran Member
There is no need to use stronger solution than 0.5% to kill Corona Virus. Why waste chemicals?

Are you saying, that washing your hands with "normal soap" will KILL Corona Virus IF it's on your hands?
Yes. It will. Hence the government advice to wash your hands thoroughly.