• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guy Movies

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
This thread was inspired from a conversation I had with AE and Dopp last week in chat.

What are some of your favorite "guy" movies? Movies that came up in our conversation were Steven Segal's "Marked For Death" and "Under Siege," as well as Awnawld's "Commando." Feel free to list anymore testosterone-filled masterpieces to the list, as well as any famous one-liners that come to mind. :D

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
"Commando" is up there.

"Predator" is a classic. "If it bleeds, we can kill it."

You can't have a list like this without "Die Hard" and the sequels. "Yippie kayai (sp?), motherf'er!"

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
My husband loves Rambo - he said the first two were the best though. I don't really like action movies. :D

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
"Commando" is up there.

"Predator" is a classic. "If it bleeds, we can kill it."

You can't have a list like this without "Die Hard" and the sequels. "Yippie kayai (sp?), motherf'er!"
Predator is good (second one was, meh). I think Commando has some of the greatest one liners ever.

"You're a funny guy Sully. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

"Don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired."

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Predator is good (second one was, meh). I think Commando has some of the greatest one liners ever.

"You're a funny guy Sully. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

"Don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired."

And, of course, it has one of the most gratuitous nude scenes in all of moviedom.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Well... I've not seen any of the ones mentioned... I guess I don't watch guy movies... I watch movies targetted towards women and teenagers mostly, I guess...

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Forrest Gump. Isn't that what what kind of men we should be like anyway? Our society has grossly missed the mark on masculinity.

Oh yeah....."Life is like a box of chocolates...." ;)

TurkeyOnRye

I'm almost embarrassed that someone might lump me together with the group of people who like so-called "guy movies." Aside from teen movies, guy movies are the worst. What ever happened to a good story?...jeez. Movies are only good if they are story-driven and don't need the action to drive the plot. My favorites are:

The Matrix (all three)
Braveheart
The Last Samurai
Children of Men

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'm almost embarrassed that someone might lump me together with the group of people who like so-called "guy movies." Aside from teen movies, guy movies are the worst. What ever happened to a good story?...jeez. Movies are only good if they are story-driven and don't need the action to drive the plot. My favorites are:

The Matrix (all three)
Braveheart
The Last Samurai
Children of Men

I have to say I'm intrigued that you would include two of the worst movies out there and the best movie out there. While Braveheart will always be my answer to the best movie of all-time, the Matrix sequels are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum for me.

With that said, "guy movies" have one objective: to entertain. If they teach a lesson, they are thrown out. They are good for what they are, mindless entertainment, and they have their place.

TurkeyOnRye

I have to say I'm intrigued that you would include two of the worst movies out there and the best movie out there. While Braveheart will always be my answer to the best movie of all-time, the Matrix sequels are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum for me.

With that said, "guy movies" have one objective: to entertain. If they teach a lesson, they are thrown out. They are good for what they are, mindless entertainment, and they have their place.

What is it with people who don't like the Matix sequels? I don't think you appreciate the philosophy behind the movie. Not that that's a bad thing, of course; it's just not your bag. Or maybe there's another reason why you don't like them. Whatever. The Matrix trilogy is amazing and that's kind of a fact.

A

angellous_evangellous

I got to see Matrix Reloaded at I-MAX.

Great freeway scene!