• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guns at the Door

Shad

Veteran Member
I would agree

especially if home invasions had been reported
people can become scavengers

Toss in not everyone evacuated so those people do not have normal access to law enforcement due to the hurricane

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Why is that?
Because that is my opinion
It seems you are either speaking in hyperbole or are intentionally ignorant of other peoples perspectives.
If you say so. However, how many times has a GRA advocated armed resistance against anything other firearm restriction that you can think of?

Other than illegal cattle grazing that one time

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Someone of authority knocks on your door
he will ask if you any guns
he will then ask you to surrender them
or be arrested

what will you do?
You might just as well have asked what we would do if we would do if a caller was handing out free guns and dishwashers, demanding that we take several of each.
Why pick such a strange dream.?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Someone of authority knocks on your door
he will ask if you any guns
he will then ask you to surrender them
or be arrested

what will you do?
Oh all right.
I will play.
I would tell him that I only have a sling, a bow and four catapults, and would she like to come in for tea.

Couldn't you scenario have been a female caller?

Kangaroo Feathers

You might just as well have asked what we would do if we would do if a caller was handing out free guns and dishwashers, demanding that we take several of each.
Why pick such a strange dream.?
Because that's the GRA fantasy, that there are nebulous evil doers out there intent on depriving the GRA of their guns, that the GRA will be able to heroically resist, presumably in between meal breaks and on weekends only.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Because that's the GRA fantasy, that there are nebulous evil doers out there intent on depriving the GRA of their guns, that the GRA will be able to heroically resist, presumably in between meal breaks and on weekends only.
OMG.
Pathetic.
If I had an arsenal I would ask the caller if, like New Zealand, he was gonna buy them.
:)

Curious George

Veteran Member
Because that is my opinionIf you say so. However, how many times has a GRA advocated armed resistance against anything other firearm restriction that you can think of?

Other than illegal cattle grazing that one time
Well let us see if we can parse sense from nonsense:

I know of no other person on RF that favors or advocates for gun rights with a pro gun rights perspective more than me.

When I look at my posts and some others who favor gun rights, I see:

1) no advocacy for armed resistance. So are we discussing all gun rights advocates or merely the ones advocating for armed resistance? And

2) plenty of other posts that advocate for freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of privacy, freedom of peaceful assembly, freedom from cruel and unusual punishment etc. So are you speaking in hyperbole? Are you referring to some other elusive gun rights advocates?

You seem to have concocted this category that is divorced from reality. I would like to help you with that.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
the event happened
Oh no!
Not as described, I'll dare to venture this guess.

That description has been strangled, somewhat, and we never read exactly how, why and where the event occurred, nor exactly how it was explained before, during and after the incident.

I would read through all the posts to discover clear details but if they were not worth putting in to the OP then.... :shrug:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
so.....zip tie the home owner
ransack the premises
clear the house of all weapons....

That homeowner had probably committed a serious crime with those guns.

Zip-tied, eh? Yeah.......... even the authorities were in danger.
Another nut with guns, is my guess.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
they put the home owner in zip cuffs and set them on the curb the house was then searched

no warrant

So even they thought that their lives were in danger.

This scenario looks as if so urgent, with such deadly risk, that a warrant was probably not needed.

Some of us can read through the lines to a more real event, I think.

Can you post up a media report about this incident please? Preferably an objective report.

Kangaroo Feathers

Well let us see if we can parse sense from nonsense:

I know of no other person on RF that favors or advocates for gun rights with a pro gun rights perspective more than me.

When I look at my posts and some others who favor gun rights, I see:

1) no advocacy for armed resistance. So are we discussing all gun rights advocates or merely the ones advocating for armed resistance? And

2) plenty of other posts that advocate for freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of privacy, freedom of peaceful assembly, freedom from cruel and unusual punishment etc. So are you speaking in hyperbole? Are you referring to some other elusive gun rights advocates?

You seem to have concocted this category that is divorced from reality. I would like to help you with that.
I didn't say "people who advocate for gun rights". I said GRA. Theys diffrunt.

Since I advocate for gun rights myself, being a gun owner and all, I hope we can move on from this little "not all gun owners" kneejerk splutter to something more productive?

Curious George

Veteran Member
I didn't say "people who advocate for gun rights". I said GRA. Theys diffrunt.

Since I advocate for gun rights myself, being a gun owner and all, I hope we can move on from this little "not all gun owners" kneejerk splutter to something more productive?
Does GRA not mean gun rights advocate/activist?