• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gun shop billboard in NC mocks "The Squad"

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Cherokee Gun shop billboard in North Carolina mocks "the Squad," calling four congresswomen "4 horsemen" and "idiots," referring to AOC, Ilhan Omar and other members of congress - CBS News

67461851_1144160715774392_3088696460716277760_n.jpg

The owner of Cherokee Guns says he believes he's speaking for all "deplorables" with the billboard message. While he has received many supportive comments on his Facebook post about the billboard, his sign has also been condemned by an anti-gun-violence activist group.

"You may come by the shop (next week) and get your very own FOUR HORSEMEN COMETH STICKER...simple...eat a piece of bacon...tell us you're voting for Trump in 2020...then get your limited edition bumper sticker!! (While supplies last!) Snowflakes and Liberals are not eligible...sorry..." he wrote on Facebook.

I don't know what bacon has to do with guns. Silly billboard.

pearl

I don't know what bacon has to do with guns. Silly billboard.

I'm surprised they don't though in a Bible with the deal.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know what bacon has to do with guns.
What it has to do with is their anti-Muslim, and anti-Jew racism. "Eat some pork, to tell us your not a Muslim-loving left winger, and get a free bumper sticker."

The bacon eating ritual is a dummy-to-dummy sign of solidarity against non-whites. In other words, it's the middle finger to all Muslims and Jews on a White Supremacist hat. "Make America White Again! Vote Trump and buy more guns!"

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What it has to do with is their anti-Muslim, and anti-Jew racism. "Eat some pork, to tell us your not a Muslim-loving left winger, and get a free bumper sticker."

Unless it's veggie bacon. Or chicken bacon.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That is true. All the other smart customers shop elsewhere. Got to drum up business from some other pool of consumers. May not be too many, nor too bright, but at least they'll be white! :)
On the other hand, if 90+% of potential gun buyers(as opposed to total residents) in your area are deplorables, then it looks like good marketing to me. That's entirely possible in rural NC.
Tom

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
On the other hand, if 90+% of potential gun buyers(as opposed to total residents) in your area are deplorables, then it looks like good marketing to me. That's entirely possible in rural NC.
Tom
Yeah, I suppose. Appeal to your customer base, which happens to respond to stuff like that. It's sort of like putting on some fine drugstore cologne and some tight jeans to advertise yourself at a family reunion. Great way to find a date with kinfolk who share in your same genepool. But do you really think the rest of the world wants to see them advertising themselves to their cousins like that?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yeah, I suppose. Appeal to your customer base, which happens to respond to stuff like that.
Considering how heavily politicized the gun issue has become, it doesn't surprise me at all that private concerns are using it to their advantage. Political statements like that get attention, which is the point to advertising.
It's sort of like putting on some fine drugstore cologne and some tight jeans to advertise yourself at a family reunion. Great way to find a date with kinfolk who share in your same genepool. But do you really think the rest of the world wants to see them advertising themselves to their cousins like that?
I'm not sure why you went there.
It's sleazier than the billboard you're complaining about

Tom

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Tom
I feel like - or maybe hope that - it would take more than just being a "deplorable" for this billboard's message of "these politicians are idiots - come buy my guns" to resonate with a person.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Considering how heavily politicized the gun issue has become, it doesn't surprise me at all that private concerns are using it to their advantage. Political statements like that get attention, which is the point to advertising.
But the deal is they're selling their product using racism. "Say you hate Muslims, get a free hat." That's not about the gun debate. That's purely about racism, and them making the gun a symbol of that. It's racism they are selling, not guns. You don't think there are legitimate gun owners or even gun stores owned by Muslims and Jews?

"Come eat some pork, while we fart towards Mecca. And while you're here, we have a nice washing machine for sale, and some fine quality guns for sale too. Remember, to shop at Buddy's All-Things-White Emporium this Saturday!"

I'm not sure why you went there.
It's sleazier than the billboard you're complaining about

Tom
You think going on dates with kin is sleezer than racism? Racism is less sleazy, a little more upscale?