• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gun Rights: The government screwd up; Gun owners pay.

Archer

Why not? I say he does. You're not actually suggesting that it's better for an innocent woman to be raped than for her attacker to die, are you? Because that would be absolutely disgusting. What sort of backwards culture cares more for the well being of those who prey upon the innocent than that of the victims?

I agree. I know rape victims and molestation victims. Those who commit the crime death because that is what they deal. Many women die inside from these things.

Mental Health Impact of Rape

Effects of Rape

Victims of sexual assault are:7

3 times more likely to suffer from depression.
6 times more likely to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder.
13 times more likely to abuse alcohol.
26 times more likely to abuse drugs.
4 times more likely to contemplate suicide.
Who are the Victims? | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

Rapists are killers and should be dealt with harshly. I sincerely wish all of the bleeding hearts out there knew what it was like for these women. If they know or think they know then perhaps they have some sort of mental block.

Last edited:

Archer

The bigger issue is not whether or not drugs need to be legalized or the legal status of guns.

The issue with Operation Fast and Furious is that our government knowingly aided illegal gun transportation into the hands of drug cartels and those guns were directly used to kill Mexican citizens, Mexican law enforcement and US law enforcement.

The question we need to be asking is how far up the ladder should we be going to find out which public officials shall be judged with the full extent of the law and the appropriate capital punishment applied. All the way up to Eric Holder, maybe?

edit: Though I've read nothing showing that Holder knew about the operation.

Yeah this thread has gone off track. The government screwed up are we are the victims.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I agree. I know rape victims and molestation victims. Those who commit the crime death because that is what they deal. Many women die inside from these things.

Mental Health Impact of Rape

Who are the Victims? | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

Rapists are killers and should be dealt with harshly. I sincerely wish all of the bleeding hearts out there knew what it was like for these women. If they know or think they know then perhaps they have some sort of mental block.

People tend to downplay harsh realities in order to maintain the facade of their fuzzy ideology, and it does a disservice to the innocent and facilitates and perpetuates further victimization. They see the suffering as a necessary sacrifice to sustain the illusion.

Archer

Obviously not, he was being irresponsible, but what does that have to do with the thread topic?

I agree with the Heathen. Everyone seems scared of the topic. Funny how the liberals wont speak out when a government led by them screwed up. They can criticize when it is convenient for them but when they screw up it is all about misdirecting.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Funny how the liberals wont speak out when a government led by them screwed up. They can criticize when it is convenient for them but when they screw up it is all about misdirecting.

And conservatives never did this during the Bushy years?

freethinker44

I agree with the Heathen. Everyone seems scared of the topic. Funny how the liberals wont speak out when a government led by them screwed up. They can criticize when it is convenient for them but when they screw up it is all about misdirecting.

And conservatives never did this during the Bushy years?

I think this is the problem right here. Liberals blame conservatives and conservatives blame liberals, and meanwhile we let the government is get away with murder and charge US billions of dollars for the service.

We need to stop bickering over semantics and stop politicians from running the country like it's their own, because it's not their country, it's ours. They work for us and they are not doing the job we hired them to do. I think it is time to cut some baggage from washington and possibly even start criminal trials if needed.

Archer

I think this is the problem right here. Liberals blame conservatives and conservatives blame liberals, and meanwhile we let the government is get away with murder and charge US billions of dollars for the service.

We need to stop bickering over semantics and stop politicians from running the country like it's their own, because it's not their country, it's ours. They work for us and they are not doing the job we hired them to do. I think it is time to cut some baggage from washington and possibly even start criminal trials if needed.

Hey I made I made the comment to get it heated up a little here. I am a moderate because I want nothing to do with either party.

I agree though clean out Washington.

I got the Email below yesterday and it is fitting.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18-year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971 . . . before computer, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land . . . all because of public pressure.

I'm asking you to forward this e-mail to a minimum of twenty people; in turn, ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. Term Limits
12 years max, some possible options are below.
A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension
Members of Congress receive a salary while in office,
that salary ends when they leave office.

3. Congress members (past, present & future) are to participate in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.
All future funds flow into the Social Security system,
and Congress participates with all Americans.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan,
just as all Americans do.

5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress loses their current health care system
and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Members of Congress must equally abide by all laws
they impose on the American people.

8. All contracts with past and present members of Congress are void effective 1/1/12.
The American people did not make the contract members of Congress enjoy,
Congress made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.
The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators,
so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people, then it will only take three days for most people
(in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS ! ! ! ! !

I go one step further though. I say let them (each one that voted for anything that unnecessarily got an American killed) be held accountable for everything they have done. Put all of them in prison for treason.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There is no chance at all that arms will be legalised in the UK.
Less than half the police are trained to carry arms.
Even those that are, have to be given special permission each time they need to carry them

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Even those that are, have to be given special permission each time they need to carry them
The rioters appear to be aware of that.

Neophyte

Miranda Kerr Worship
Bet you a buffalo nickel that non-lethal tactics such as martial arts and mace (or similar) has saved many more women from unwanted advances than guns.

I do not have a buffalo nickle to gamble but if I did I would bet it...all it takes is the rapist to see her pull the gun from her purse and they will run. They do not even know if she knows how to use it...they will run. Even if I am wrong, that is fine. Martial Arts is a great way to protect herself. I think woman should carry a gun and know martial arts.

P.S. A gun is usually a non-lethal tactic. The mere site of it sends the rapist/robber running. They are afraid to loose their life so they run. The woman usually never even has to fire it. Also, if someone chooses to rape or rob someone they take this risk of loss of life upon themselves.

Neophyte

Miranda Kerr Worship
I don't think the man who wants to rape you deserves dead. So we won't come to an agreement I guess.

So the girl must suffer the rapist desire since she does not want to threaten him with death? Also, usually the site of the gun sends them running. Most of the time she never even has to fire the gun. He/She takes the risk of death when he/she decides to rape a victim.

You must understand rape is not just something that happens and then goes away shortly after. It is something that the victim faces the rest of his/her life. It traumatizes him/her. This is a life-altering experience. You cannot just apologize and it all go away. It is a very serious offense. People should have a right to protect themselves against this to the strongest possible degree.

otokage007

You're not actually suggesting that it's better for an innocent woman to be raped than for her attacker to die, are you?

Of course I'm not. What I'm saying is that I don't support assassination.

So the girl must suffer the rapist desire since she does not want to threaten him with death? Also, usually the site of the gun sends them running. Most of the time she never even has to fire the gun. He/She takes the risk of death when he/she decides to rape a victim.

Then you can buy a realistic toy of a gun. No need for legalization.

You must understand rape is not just something that happens and then goes away shortly after. It is something that the victim faces the rest of his/her life. It traumatizes him/her. This is a life-altering experience. You cannot just apologize and it all go away. It is a very serious offense. People should have a right to protect themselves against this to the strongest possible degree.

Sure, rape has it's long-term harms. But I think the harms of the rapist which you have killed are a bit longer, don't you agree?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Of course I'm not. What I'm saying is that I don't support assassination.
Anyone with an iota of intelligence would know that there is huge difference between self-defense and assassination.

Sure, rape has it's long-term harms. But I think the harms of the rapist which you have killed are a bit longer, don't you agree?

So? What's your point? Rapists are low-life scum, so why would anyone give a **** about their well being? People have a right to protect themselves, and if people get hurt or killed while attempting to prey upon the innocent then that's their own fault. Let's be sensible and worry about the victims rather than the perpetrators, shall we?

Last edited:

xkatz

Illegalizing firearms in America would be hell. Jails would be filled. People constantly breaking laws. Organized crime. Just like the Prohibition. Not to mentions that's more government spending.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

So you're saying that a criminal could simply construct a zip gun and go on a shooting spree while the cops cower in a corner?

Otherright

Otherright
Bet you a buffalo nickel that non-lethal tactics such as matial arts and mace (or similar) has saved many more women from unwanted advances than guns.

Maybe, maybe not. I would put more faith in a gun though. The self-defense martial arts that are taught to women is near absolutely worthless in a real life situation. They should be learning Krav Maga.

As far as self-preservation goes, never limit yourself.