• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gun related deaths Memorial

Laika

Premium Member
I thought that this may be a "better" way to approach the subject of gun related deaths than to try and make a partisan point. Gun deaths have killed over 1.5 million Americans since 1968. I'm reminded of that quote that "one death is a tragedy, a million a statistic". The truth is, is that we can all probably name one person in our lives that we couldn't bare to be without. It would only just take one for it to become "real" to us. It is too easy to cheapen people's lives and loved ones into a talking point.

So, I've put this thread in the RF memorials sub-forum so people can share stories of people they lost to gun related deaths. Murder, Suicides or Accidents, feel free to share it here. This isn't meant to start a debate, although I hope perhaps it may trigger a catharsis for some. I don't know how many it will be, but perhaps talking about it in a more personal way may make it easier to see the issue outside of partisan labels and give it the humanity and respect it deserves.

Rest In Peace.

memorial+day+flowers.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I would first like to memorialize my good friend's husband who was shot to death by his wife while he was beating her almost to death; for the fifth time.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
No personal friend victims but the San Bernardino terrorist shooters live just one block from my house in Redlands, and the street was closed off and helicopters constantly circling etc, a bit too close for comfort.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I lost a friend many years ago to an "accidental" gun death. I also know pretty much everyone in my family also has had a friend or family member that was lost from gun violence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would first like to memorialize my good friend's husband who was shot to death by his wife while he was beating her almost to death; for the fifth time.
In case you didn't realize, this thread is a memorial for those tragically lost. Sarcastic "memorials" based on self-defense is telling about how much you really care about the subject, and those who have tragically lost someone from gun violence.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
In case you didn't realize, this thread is a memorial for those tragically lost. Sarcastic "memorials" based on self-defense is telling about how much you really care about the subject, and those who have tragically lost someone from gun violence.

TODAY SUNDAY; 26 dead in texas, shot while in church by a white male wearing ballistic (bullet resistant) vest using an assault type firearm, with a trunk full of more weapons. Horrific, yes, but as the details emerge it seems a TX citizen seeing the shooters rampage got his firearm out of his house and shot the perp who then dropped his gun and fled. Rumor is he was followed by more armed residents. then the shooters auto was found the shooter dead.

What would of happened if the resident and maybe his buds were not armed?

: {>

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
The shooter wouldn't have been allowed to own an AR15 assault rifle in the first place, that's what would have happened!!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I thought that this may be a "better" way to approach the subject of gun related deaths than to try and make a partisan point. Gun deaths have killed over 1.5 million Americans since 1968. I'm reminded of that quote that "one death is a tragedy, a million a statistic". The truth is, is that we can all probably name one person in our lives that we couldn't bare to be without. It would only just take one for it to become "real" to us. It is too easy to cheapen people's lives and loved ones into a talking point.

So, I've put this thread in the RF memorials sub-forum so people can share stories of people they lost to gun related deaths. Murder, Suicides or Accidents, feel free to share it here. This isn't meant to start a debate, although I hope perhaps it may trigger a catharsis for some. I don't know how many it will be, but perhaps talking about it in a more personal way may make it easier to see the issue outside of partisan labels and give it the humanity and respect it deserves.

Rest In Peace.

memorial+day+flowers.jpg
Cars are worse.

I do acknowledge though, it's tragic no matter what the cause.